Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Sweden appears to have stayed at home voluntarily to save lives.

20210120_082209.jpg

& the government has been trying to introduce more restrictions.

20210120_082927.jpg

Sweden appears to have stayed at home voluntarily to save lives.

& the government has been trying to introduce more restrictions.

Unfortunately the Swedish government is acting rather too late.

And to reinforce your point about economies suffering when lockdowns aren't implemented quickly and effectively:

Last edited by a moderator:
The stupid people here cannot even differentiate between “Covid skepticism” and lockdown skepticism. Hardly anybody thinks that Covid isn’t real or that some people can’t get very seriously ill from it. But quite a few people think that lockdowns are absolute insane and criminal.

anybody who thinks this isnt real needs their head examined.spend a day in a hospital or do a 12 hour nurses shift on a covid ward,i was a sceptic at the start but its just going on too long.

My friend works in the Queen Elizabeth (Southern General) & its been chaos. It had enough problems without a pandemic.

Also you would never ever get cross-party support for a fake pandemic or for unnecessary restrictions. There's a reason why the only sceptics are journalists pushing online platforms, like Talk Radio, trying to tap into the terrifyingly huge anti-vaxx audience, or are proper crazy people like David Icke & Piers Corbyn (I remember laughing at a Labour fringe meeting when they started debating the government's military weapon that controlled the weather because I thought it was a joke. It was not a joke).

And more Sweden-bashing, of course. Case numbers have decreased significantly and even ICU cases are decreasing. The disaster that lockdown zealots have told us would be imminent any day now for a year just ain’t coming ...

And more Sweden-bashing, of course. Case numbers have decreased significantly and even ICU cases are decreasing. The disaster that lockdown zealots have told us would be imminent any day now for a year just ain’t coming ...

No one's bashing Sweden - but the no lockdown strategy clearly didn't work. Which is why there's a new law & a pattern of people staying home to work & shop.

Well you know perfectly well why Sweden is often mentioned on here. The New Statesman article I linked to earlier explains why.

Memes are not accurate sources of information.

Any economy that relies on consumer spending isn't going to prosper if people are dying from an infectious disease.

And production can't prosper if workers are off sick.
lol i think bun bun would know.... dont you work in theatre and you're trying to tell bun bun whats what on this subject. unbelievable, baby.

No one's bashing Sweden - but the no lockdown strategy clearly didn't work. Which is why there's a new law & a pattern of people staying home to work & shop.

You do not need to explain the “new law” and why it was made to me. People are still free to meet friends, go to the pub and work at the office in spite of the “new law”. These measures are still voluntary.

The no-lockdown strategy clearly worked as well as any other strategy as deaths are average (quite a bit lower than in some countries that had extreme lockdowns), a majority of the population are happy and not going insane and think the measures taken are adequate, our social fabric and civil rights are intact, our economy has taken far less of a hit than yours. Shame some people are so keen to see Sweden fail, instead of learning from the Swedish strategy... but at the end of the day I just feel sorry for all of you who have to endure these lockdowns and have a bleak future ahead of you at the end of it all...

My friend works in the Queen Elizabeth (Southern General) & its been chaos. It had enough problems without a pandemic.

Also you would never ever get cross-party support for a fake pandemic or for unnecessary restrictions. There's a reason why the only sceptics are journalists pushing online platforms, like Talk Radio, trying to tap into the terrifyingly huge anti-vaxx audience, or are proper crazy people like David Icke & Piers Corbyn (I remember laughing at a Labour fringe meeting when they started debating the government's military weapon that controlled the weather because I thought it was a joke. It was not a joke).
im actually watching mike graham of talk radios plank of the week on youtube,its actually a good watch,sturgeon has been plank of the week a few times,its a good laugh.

You do not need to explain the “new law” and why it was made to me. People are still free to meet friends, go to the pub and work at the office in spite of the “new law”. These measures are still voluntary.

The no-lockdown strategy clearly worked as well as any other strategy as deaths are average (quite a bit lower than in some countries that had extreme lockdowns), a majority of the population are happy and not going insane and think the measures taken are adequate, our social fabric and civil rights are intact, our economy has taken far less of a hit than yours. Shame some people are so keen to see Sweden fail, instead of learning from the Swedish strategy... but at the end of the day I just feel sorry for all of you who have to endure these lockdowns and have a bleak future ahead of you at the end of it all...

A voluntary lockdown is lockdown.

They had to change the law because it wasn't enough.

Your health & economy hasn't escaped the problems faced by other countries.

No one wants Sweden to fail but we have learned that your strategy isn't one to copy.

Lockdowns tap into something dark in the British psyche. The oppressive process affords moral judgements of others: similar to the demonisations that occurred at the start of the HIV pandemic. The latter is ultimately best managed by accommodating choice rather than policing people. But in the case of HIV, the thrill of control continues to be prioritised at the expense of lives and economies.

The pro-lockdown lobby would do well to reflect on ongoing HIV pandemic which was (is) managed with similar moral eulogising and control instincts as people died (and continue to do so).

The indignation around the PrEP roll out, in the UK, is insightful with regard to the UK’s draconian instinct: PrEP’s success is proven, but the state preferred the idea of controlling behaviours—and that played very well to the British public. Getting this ‘game changing’ drug remains difficult and subject to the post code lottery despite court battles.

Control and conquer is a nasty British/European default that has a complex relationship with the ostensibly liberal mask we show to the world.

No one wants Sweden to fail but we have learned that your strategy isn't one to copy.
There are plenty of people who believe, ultimately, the Swedish approach (which has prioritised people) is best. And with its disposal to nurturing variants, the UK ‘mixed’ approach will prove to be the nightmare response: it achieving the worst of all worlds.

There are plenty of people who believe, ultimately, the Swedish approach (which has prioritised people) is best. And with its disposal to nurturing variants, the UK ‘mixed’ approach will prove to be the nightmare response: it achieving the worst of all worlds.

There's no evidence that Sweden's approach works & a lot of evidence that it doesn't.

They've got a high death rate & economic problems.

If they're happier it's because they're a happier nation in general.

There's no evidence that Sweden's approach works & a lot of evidence that it doesn't.

They've got a high death rate & economic problems.

If they're happier it's because they're a happier nation in general.
‘Happier [...] in general’ glosses over a myriad of affecting cultural differences, and intentional strategies.

Last edited by a moderator:
im actually watching mike graham of talk radios plank of the week on youtube,its actually a good watch,sturgeon has been plank of the week a few times,its a good laugh.
He still has a show? I noticed he disappeared from TalkSPORT.

Seriously, the bullshit you keep spouting...

“A voluntary lockdown is a lockdown”...

No, it isn’t. There is no such thing as a “voluntary lockdown” - that’s a contradiction in itself.

Sweden had put in place appropriate and proportionate measures that people can get behind, and we are being treated like grown-ups, not like naughty children. As measures are reasonable and voluntary there is less resentment, less frustration, less fatigue and better compliance, and they can stay in place as long as they are needed while doing as little harm as possible to mental health, economy, society, civil liberties.

Seriously, the bullshit you keep spouting...

“A voluntary lockdown is a lockdown”...

No, it isn’t. There is no such thing as a “voluntary lockdown” - that’s a contradiction in itself.

Sweden had put in place appropriate and proportionate measures that people can get behind, and we are being treated like grown-ups, not like naughty children. As measures are reasonable and voluntary there is less resentment, less frustration, less fatigue and better compliance, and they can stay in place as long as they are needed while doing as little harm as possible to mental health, economy, society, civil liberties.
Scandi DR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom