Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

i think in ten years time people will hardly leave their front door,everything will be geared towards a life indoors,entertainment will be indoors,shopping will be indoors,work will be indoors,these lockdowns are telling the powers that be that this is the way ahead.this could be the death of live music.

i think in ten years time people will hardly leave their front door,everything will be geared towards a life indoors,entertainment will be indoors,shopping will be indoors,work will be indoors,these lockdowns are telling the powers that be that this is the way ahead.this could be the death of live music.
Nerak: get job hunting.

You don't know what you're talking about & as ever have zero evidence.

The measures that work are lockdown measures.

There's nothing else that works.

If you prefer less measures & a higher death rate with no benefit to the economy that's fine - but it's not an argument against lockdowns or for anyone to follow the Swedish model for death rate/economic reasons.

You talk of evidence and then state a blatant falsehood. There is absolutely nothing that proves that "there's nothing else that works".

The countries with the highest death rates per capita have had the longest, harshest lockdowns - Belgium, Italy and Peru in particular.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 22.39.43.png

If you have proof to the contrary, please provide it.

@Nerak, your white uncle and grandfather aren't afraid of the police in New Zealand and this proves that Black Lives Matter or something? Sorry I'm confused.

FC, 'nerak' uncle would be 175 yrs old if he existed and imaginary grandpa about 250 yrs of age. 🤒
I would be more worried by the malicious posts by the very strange Creepy Radish🚦

You talk of evidence and then state a blatant falsehood. There is absolutely nothing that proves that "there's nothing else that works".

The countries with the highest death rates per capita have had the longest, harshest lockdowns - Belgium, Italy and Peru in particular.

View attachment 67758

If you have proof to the contrary, please provide it.

I already did. Southeast Asia & New Zealand had the strictest lockdowns. They're now getting back to normal.

Belgium, Italy had & Peru didn't have strict lockdowns - restrictions were too late, not enough or lifted too soon.

In the Summer some journalists may have described Belgium & Italy as having strict lockdowns for Europe or Peru having a strict lockdown compared to the rest of Latin America - but that doesn't change the facts.

Hovis vaccinations have always been a requirement for travelling to some places.

I’m getting mine next week 😄
Can’t wait....
I’ll let you all know if I get any stupider .....but we shall never know, will we 😜

Hovis vaccinations have always been a requirement for travelling to some places.

I’m conscious of that: I had to have them. Yellow Fever, Cholera, the pink book etc. But those were required at the bequest of countries to be visited.

This is different, as it’s a private company discriminating on the basis of vaccination status. The significance relates to how I was saying that government promises (that the vaccine wouldn’t be mandatory) were redundant. People will not be able to operate, without the vaccine. And private, unelected institutions, will effect the duress.

In short, and as Truth has pointed out already, government guarantees on this are meaningless unless vaccination status becomes a protected characteristic.

As I’ve said before, it’s the deceit that grates.

I might add that discrimination on the basis of HIV status has (rightly to my mind) largely been made illegal in the UK and the USA. The government could move now to similarly protect people in the context of this new pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m conscious of that: I had to have them. Yellow Fever, Cholera, the pink book etc. But those were required at the bequest of countries to be visited.

This is different, as it’s a private company discriminating on the basis of vaccination status. The significance relates to how I was saying that government promises (that the vaccine wouldn’t be mandatory) were redundant. People will not be able to operate, without the vaccine. And private, unelected institutions, will effect the duress.

In short, and as Truth has pointed out already, government guarantees on this are meaningless unless vaccination status becomes a protected characteristic.

As I’ve said before, it’s the deceit that grates.

I might add that discrimination on the basis of HIV status has (rightly to my mind) largely been made illegal in the UK and the USA. The government could move now to similarly protect people in the context of this new pandemic.

It's just a couple of companies getting desperate to prove they're safe to operate - it doesn't make them safer, they're not going to be operating normally until Covid is under control & when it's under control they won't care about the extra faff of vaccine 'passports'.

We already have legislation around discrimination & privacy in the UK that can be used to fight a vaccine requirement or request if it ever got mandated - but it's very unlikely to get to that stage.

I’m getting mine next week 😄
Can’t wait....
I’ll let you all know if I get any stupider .....but we shall never know, will we 😜

I won't get mine for ages.

My twitter was ablaze with younger people moaning that the Boomers might be allowed back in restaurants etc normally once their age group has been vaxxed & that's another example of life always being great for those BASTARD boomers.

It's all just speculation though.

Some kind of incentive like that seems more palatable than the ‘passport’ type system of duress I suspect we’ll end up with.

They don't need it in the UK - the vast majority of people want vaccines - once most of us are vaccinated it's just a case of monitoring outbreaks. It doesn't help prevention if a person can't get a service or a job - they'd still be wandering among us. The reason other countries might insist on vaccines before arrival is because we're not wandering among them.

Back
Top Bottom