Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Everything's cancelled till Autumn. It's not worth the risk of a set-back.
What are my chances of getting to see Frankie Valli in July, do you think? He’s 88 next year, so if he has to cancel I can’t see him rescheduling.

🤒
interesting tidbit. Cafe Nero is takeaway only yet our intrepid multi expert is said to be there drinking liquor on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

More imaginary behavior.o_O

The obvious take is that all the experts are at the council estate (AKA cul de sac) drinking beer purchased with dole funds. Possibly getting drunk while posting their expertise on the internet, while playing with skinnys old broke down nintendo games.:(

What are my chances of getting to see Frankie Valli in July, do you think? He’s 88 next year, so if he has to cancel I can’t see him rescheduling.

I would say it was fairly low at the moment.

It's still possible things could be vastly improved by June & if his stage act is flexible (I can't see any major productions touring) then he might play.

I would say it was fairly low at the moment.

It's still possible things could be vastly improved by June & if his stage act is flexible (I can't see any major productions touring) then he might play.
I won’t book a hotel for The Who in March then.

🤒
interesting tidbit. Cafe Nero is takeaway only yet our intrepid multi expert is said to be there drinking liquor on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

More imaginary behavior.o_O

The obvious take is that all the experts are at the council estate (AKA cul de sac) drinking beer purchased with dole funds. Possibly getting drunk while posting their expertise on the internet, while playing with skinnys old broke down nintendo games.:(

You'd think I'd imagine something slightly more exciting than crying in a Caffe Nero because we lost every one of our Glasgow seats.

It's a takeaway because of the pandemic - the election was 6 years ago.

You'd think I'd imagine something slightly more exciting than crying in a Caffe Nero because we lost every one of our Glasgow seats.

Lol, the site troll doesn't realise its a Coffee shop, I didn't realise he was still here spouting his nonsense.

🤒

Maybe you should inform your fellow troll, "surface" that "Caffe Nero" is where you get your gin liquor from:)
on the way back from singing Hosannas at the chapel:mask:
the shifty troll must not have got skinnys memo.:blushing:

🤒

Maybe you should inform your fellow troll, "surface" that "Caffe Nero" is where you get your gin liquor from:)
on the way back from singing Hosannas at the chapel:mask:
the shifty troll must not have got skinnys memo.:blushing:

Sadly there's no delicious gin - it was the St Enoch branch though, patron Saint of the Glasgow Fair.

20210121_173740.jpg

It’s deathly serious according to the shaven headed thug outside Waitrose today. (I guessed he’d been furloughed from a DISCOTHEQUE 💃) For his benefit I pointed out controlling teenagers outside a dreary local nightclub is different from trying to control Boomers like me. As I laughed and walked on in. 🙏 ff.

I'll try to encourage critical thinking.

One of my friends - who is good at tech (I'm a luddite) - has been trawling QAnon forums & is seeing some sad sights.

View attachment 67767
Ah, I’ve just read that this wasn’t simply about the inauguration but about some anticipated supernatural (?) event.

They’ll get over it. And contain the disappointment in a meta theory. Some kind of double-bluff.

This is simply not true. 95% of Swedes live in urban areas with the same population density as in the UK. And Swedes travel a lot more than the rest of Scandinavia. Tens of thousands of Swedes brought back the virus (unknowingly) from Italy and Austria in February last year; Norwegians and Finns

You miss the point. The Nordic countries are very similar geographically and demographically, therefore comparisons between them are valid. There would be no point comparing e.g. Sweden and the UK because they are quite different, for example in terms of population density. So it isn't cherry-picking at all. What is cherry-picking is selecting Italy and Peru simply because death rates in those countries are higher.
But they had severe lockdowns. I thought severe lockdowns were supposed to work???

If I see one more tearful nurse on the news, I'll go mad. If I was trying to run my own business it would be a body blow every time these emotive nurses came on the news. There's compassion for the dying but there also needs to be compassion for the living who aren't making a living. Anyway, hospital staff have a wider agenda than covid. They've had year on year of long hours and underpay. The NHS always struggles at this time of Winter. The nurses are expressing years of frustration in these current news articles, and now is their opportunity to show that frustration.
And I'm not going to feel guilty about sitting on my bench. People half my age are telling me when I can and can't leave my home. I don't drive a diesel car spewing out obnoxious fumes and polluting the air for people with asthma and other respiratory conditions. Pollution causes death for people with underlying conditions. I walk everywhere or use public transport or hire an electric taxi. I bet some of the people telling me I'm selfish, aren't as self critical when it comes to driving their oversized diesel spewing people carriers.

If I see one more tearful nurse on the news, I'll go mad. If I was trying to run my own business it would be a body blow every time these emotive nurses came on the news. There's compassion for the dying but there also needs to be compassion for the living who aren't making a living. Anyway, hospital staff have a wider agenda than covid. They've had year on year of long hours and underpay. The NHS always struggles at this time of Winter. The nurses are expressing years of frustration in these current news articles, and now is their opportunity to show that frustration.
And I'm not going to feel guilty about sitting on my bench. People half my age are telling me when I can and can't leave my home. I don't drive a diesel car spewing out obnoxious fumes and polluting the air for people with asthma and other respiratory conditions. Pollution causes death for people with underlying conditions. I walk everywhere or use public transport or hire an electric taxi. I bet some of the people telling me I'm selfish, aren't as self critical when it comes to driving their oversized diesel spewing people carriers.
Hey Dale. It's been a while since I've seen your rantings.

God bless you Dale, you’re an island of sanity in a mad, mad, mad world.

I read your soliloquy with this playing in the background...

But they had severe lockdowns. I thought severe lockdowns were supposed to work???
Clearly not severe enough. Perhaps, like the UK, they locked down too late, didn't enforce them, and lifted them too soon. Perhaps the lockdowns were widely ignored. I don't know and neither do you.

Why no mention of NZ, Australia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Finland et al who had lockdowns and very low death rates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly not severe enough. Perhaps, like the UK, they locked down too late, didn't enforce them, and lifted them too soon. Perhaps the lockdowns were widely ignored. I don't know and neither do you.
Peru have had the longest and toughest, most severe lockdowns in the world and it isn’t even close. Yet their death rate remains one of the highest. I know this doesn’t fit the narrative you are trying to sell but it’s a fact.

Peru have had the longest and toughest, most severe lockdowns in the world and it isn’t even close. Yet their death rate remains one of the highest. I know this doesn’t fit the narrative you are trying to sell but it’s a fact.
If you read about the problems that Peru has had, you will see that whilst the lockdown was long and severe, the demographic, political, and social nature of Peru means that the lockdown was not very effective because people were unable to 'socially distance' effectively. A combination of overcrowded households, poor working conditions, widespread daily use of markets for food shopping (40+% of Peruvians do not own a refrigerator and have to shop frequently), long queues to access banking facilities to collect unemployment benefits, and an under-prepared health service all contributed to a high number of deaths.
If you must cherry-pick, you might at least spend five minutes researching the countries you are going to cherry-pick.

If you read about the problems that Peru has had, you will see that whilst the lockdown was long and severe, the demographic, political, and social nature of Peru means that the lockdown was not very effective because people were unable to 'socially distance' effectively. A combination of overcrowded households, poor working conditions, widespread daily use of markets for food shopping (40+% of Peruvians do not own a refrigerator and have to shop frequently), long queues to access banking facilities to collect unemployment benefits, and an under-prepared health service all contributed to a high number of deaths.
If you must cherry-pick, you might at least spend five minutes researching the countries you are going to cherry-pick.
How am I ‘cherry picking’ a country that had the severest longest lockdowns in the WORLD along with one of the highest death rates???

But, but, but you say, always an excuse to come up with. The lockdown would’ve worked except for this, this and that. Honestly you’re like that character at the end of a Scooby Doo episode, ‘and I would’ve got away with it if it weren’t for those meddling kids.’

How am I ‘cherry picking’ a country that had the severest longest lockdowns in the WORLD along with one of the highest death rates???

But, but, but you say, always an excuse to come up with. The lockdown would’ve worked except for this, this and that. Honestly you’re like that character at the end of a Scooby Doo episode, ‘and I would’ve got away with it if it weren’t for those meddling kids.’

Peru couldn't lockdown effectively - it had overcrowding & distribution problems.

What alternative are you trying to prove?

Back
Top Bottom