Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

you're absolutely useless, arent you? i bet your wife wishes daily that she had married a competent man.
Why doesn’t he give us daily cancer deaths? Or motor vehicle deaths? Or flu deaths? Or deaths by medical misadventure which I believe are over 200K per year in America? But oh no, somehow Covid is special. Why doesn’t he give us how many have recovered? I think it stands at 27.5 million although clearly many more than that have had a Covid as many people are asymptomatic. Total recovery numbers are likely closer to 50 million.

Why doesn’t he give us daily cancer deaths? Or motor vehicle deaths? Or flu deaths? Or deaths by medical misadventure which I believe are over 200K per year in America? But oh no, somehow Covid is special. Why doesn’t he give us how many have recovered? I think it stands at 27.5 million although clearly many more than that have had a Covid as many people are asymptomatic. Total recovery numbers are likely closer to 50 million.
because, duh, none of those things provide him with a convenient excuse for staying in his house (or, as the case may be, vacation house) while at the same time making him feel like a good citizen for doing so, and certainly a superior citizen to those not doing so, thus not drawing attention to his otherwise blaringly obvious and unattractive uselessness, incompetence and inferiority.

what is one to do bun bun? :(

I think there has to be more civil courage now and people just saying “no” before it’s too late.

Like in Italy, restaurants are opening although they're not allowed to. If all the restaurants open, they can’t fine them all and force close them all... Same in Poland. And in your Austria, some weeks ago there were massive demonstrations against these over-the-top measures in Vienna, and then of course the government and main stream media (shame on them!) tried to paint them all as far-right extremists and conspiracy theorists ... and then the following weekend people protested again (although it was forbidden), carrying banners saying “We are no Nazis, we are no conspiracy theorists, we are just regular citizens fed up with this TYRANNY” (it was beautiful, I listened to the live stream: tens of thousands of people chanting FRIEDEN, FREIHEIT, KEINE DIKTATUR! - what a beautiful sound!!!). Anyway, the following day the government announced they were going to lift some of the restrictions. People do have power.

oh no, bun bun!! what's happening in sweden?! :(

The government and public health authorities have completely changed their rhetoric and are threatening us with more and tougher restrictions if we don’t behave. One could argue that that’s fine if compliance (with voluntary measures) isn’t there anymore yada yada, but the big question is why now when case numbers are stable at a relatively low level and all the over 80s have been vaccinated?

It's obvious this is a political decision, not a public health one. Shame, we had a good run. (There’s been a lot of talk lately about total excess deaths in 2020 as a better indicator of how countries have managed the corona crisis than counting "deaths with Covid", and Sweden is actually among the countries with the lowest excess deaths in Europe. And this is not from Swedish propaganda papers but has been all over the news, domestically and internationally.)

Last edited:
I felt sick when the same smug newsreaders who invented this pandemic a year ago sat on their arses yesterday telling me that the under 25s have been worst hit on the job front by all these lockdowns and unemployment is at its worse for 5 years. I had to switch off. Not only does it seem they relay the news these days, they now have a hand in making the news by putting people on the dole and then grimly telling us about it. They're still sat there with a job. It should be Sophie Rainworth begging in the street for the cost of a cup of tea. Not innocent youngsters. I thought Morrissey may have been a touch sensitive about journalists in the past, but having probably been on the receiving end of 'Journalists Who Lie' he has every justification in being bitter. The small to medium sized businesses will go to the wall first. The multinationals won't bat an eyelid. The hospitality trade and pubs will suffer. . I've given up waiting for my freedom back. I just go outside and see what's happening and bogger the news and Boris. My money will be spent where I feel fit to spend it from now on. I've managed on a park bench for months, I won't be in any rush to get back to the shops or pubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt sick when the same smug newsreaders who invented this pandemic a year ago sat on their arses yesterday telling me that the under 25s have been worst hit on the job front by all these lockdowns and unemployment is at its worse for 5 years. I had to switch off. Not only does it seem they relay the news these days, they now have a hand in making the news by putting people on the dole and then grimly telling us about it. They're still sat there with a job. It should be Sophie Rainworth begging in the street for the cost of a cup of tea. Not innocent youngsters. I thought Morrissey may have been a touch sensitive about journalists in the past, but having probably been on the receiving end of 'Journalists Who Lie' he has every justification in being bitter. The small to medium sized businesses will go to the wall first. The multinationals won't bat an eyelid. The hospitality trade and pubs will suffer. . I've given up waiting for my freedom back. I just go outside and see what's happening and bogger the news and Boris. My money will be spent where I feel fit to spend it from now on. I've managed on a park bench for months, I won't be in any rush to get back to the shops or pubs.
The state pays them. So the state calls the tune. But it’s certainly much more shameless, obvious and transparent now than it was in 1991.

All states find their own subjects a problem at some point, and particularly in peace-time. Thatcher described organised working class resistance as ‘the enemy within’. You have to admit, her push back was quite effective—we’re little more than robots now. Indeed, a couple of years ago I was listening to an academic questioning why the development Of AI was so slow; I could’ve put her in the picture—the need has evaporated.

I think there has to be more civil courage now and people just saying “no” before it’s too late.

Like in Italy, restaurants are opening although they're not allowed to. If all the restaurants open, they can’t fine them all and force close them all... Same in Poland. And in your Austria, some weeks ago there were massive demonstrations against these over-the-top measures in Vienna, and then of course the government and main stream media (shame on them!) tried to paint them all as far-right extremists and conspiracy theorists ... and then the following weekend people protested again (although it was forbidden), carrying banners saying “We are no Nazis, we are no conspiracy theorists, we are just regular citizens fed up with this TYRANNY” (it was beautiful, I listened to the live stream: tens of thousands of people chanting FRIEDEN, FREIHEIT, KEINE DIKTATUR! - what a beautiful sound!!!). Anyway, the following day the government announced they were going to lift some of the restrictions. People do have power.
oh i do love my austrians!!!! it must have been an ESPECIALLY beautiful sound in the austrian accent <3

now of course people have power when they come together. but what can an individual acting alone do, that's the problem. because unless you have like minded people to protest with then you cant do anything. and not everyone is of the same mind about this. if we were all of the same mind, that lockdowns are bad, there would be no problem. but most people agree with the lockdowns. if you had a platform and were willing to risk getting cancelled you might be able to sway a few people, but otherwise there's almost nothing an individual person can do. i make sure to tell people whenever it arises that even though im complying with wearing the masks im doing so only because im forced and things like that so that they can see that yes it's possible that since im a sane rationale intelligent person there could possibly be a sane rational intelligent argument to be made against all of these measures, but i dont know what else there is for me to do. but i do feeling like i need to be doing more, for sure, but i just dont know what...

as for sweden, could they really be thinking of tightening restrictions at a time when the warm weather is coming and other countries are going to start loosening theirs? i dont think it can work, bun bun. i hope not. :(

It's testament to who is right. The people who are left without a voice. Feeling powerless, yet again. The people who have been cowed, cajoled, and coerced into keeping their mouths shut. Let the covidiots carry on robbing you of your liberty left right and centre. Let them explain to their kids why the freedoms we took for granted no longer belong to them. Sickened. Truly sickened. I begrudge anyone with young children to ever have been given the right to bring another person onto this earth and deny them a year of education because of a non existent illness that has no effect on children at all. Sickened. Truly sickened. And disheartened. You didn't deserve to bring children into this world. Every time you complied, you denied your children. Shame on you. Never again.
‘Not until the next time.’

I suppose it boils down to a simple question. Are grown adults prepared to carry on teaching children who don't succumb to an illness that the adults may catch? The answer is an emphatic NO. Children can keep their mouths shut and lazy fat obese adults can deprive them of more than a years worth of education. And no. I don't care what anyone says. It's lazy, overweight, fat people who are dying from this virus. Think on. You no longer have a right to be fat and unhealthy. You're imprisoning us all.
My manager isn’t going to like it when I tell her.

“This is what happens when you're a lazy f***er. Dont blame anyone else.”

I’m going to omit this bit, as it could come back to haunt me when I’m clearing my locker.

I've been drinking my Brandy, Hovis. Im hangng on for my holiday next week. Only two working days to go. I'm sure I'll get there. When I hit 2 months without a break I get a bit frazzled. Two months is my limit. I'm winding down for my break now. I know something will go wrong on Friday before I break up. It always does. I can never enjoy my break properly.
Christ. I can’t wait for next week, on here, when you you let your hair down.

I have to be very careful up until May. I'm hanging onto May. My sickness is still under review until May. I could lose my job. I love my new manager, Sean though. I've not met him yet because we've been locked down but we've been conversing in other ways. I hope he won't be too disappointed when he finally gets to see me. Hahaha. In a way, I'm glad I've met him virtually because it's given me the opportunity to talk to him outside of the office. I've grown to like him and respect him even though he's 20 years my junior. I've often lied and cajoled with previous bosses but I don't feel the need with Sean. I can be honest with him. I've promised myself I won't ever lie to him. You used to be able to lie to your manager about feeling ill, but it's all become rather serious now. I know he's a young lad trying to look after an unruly team but I'm totally on his side. I like talking to him. I like letting him know that he's not only my boss, but he's someone I care about. I'm too old to worry about a career now or trying to get up the ladder. I like showing him I'm on his side as a young manager while still making it clear that he shouldn't expect too much of me. I feel I became dispondent in the past because I didn't respect my manager and he may have tried to make an example of me. I'm on Sean's side. My intention is to see him do well. I suppose its called maturity. Or perhaps mutual respect.
Don’t get all diplomatic now. I’ve heard he’s a right fat bastard.

No. I do love him Hovis. I love him very much indeed for the way he's understood my limitations but still not treated me ever so differently to the rest of the team. He knows I might need to depart earlier on occasion, but he's always gracious about it and he let's me build up the hours later on in the week. I feel he may have had a tip off from previous managers that I'm partial to a drink but I still love him and ill never lie to him.
Well he sounds civil enough. And being partial to a drink isn’t a crime, yet. I hope it all goes well for you Dale.

Can you recommend a good Cognac?

Funny. And it does raise questions about people whose identities are problematically invested in social problems and challenges. I swear most at the agency I volunteer for would want to hand the cheque straight back if the government intervened with effective monies and strategies.

Over 2200 dead yesterday with the total at 510000 people. We approved another vaccine which is nice to hear. My sister is getting vaccinated through the university she works for and thats comforting to hear. Soon it’ll be over

Back
Top Bottom