Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

A freeze on tax thresholds in the UK announced today: a ‘stealth’ move which begins shifting the tax burden towards the lowest earners.

It’s happening.

It continues to happen. I guess one of the positive aspects of this landslide of fresh regulation is that it allows the walkers to distinguish themselves from the talkers. Today, Ian Brown put his money where his mouth is. Again.

I'm enjoying it Hovis. I got myself into a state yesterday because of the run in at Tesco on Tuesday. And then I thought I was going to be hauled up in front of the police because I urinated behind a tree and felt someone had filmed me but nothing's come of it. I don't like to bring race into play, but it was a black student who was aggressive with me on Tuesday. I wouldn't have minded if he'd politely told me to observe the 2 metre rule but it was the way he shouted at me and made me feel dirty. If it had been me shouting at a black person and telling them to stay away from me it would probably have been seen as racist. Anyway, I gave him back a mouthful. A student who has come from another part of the country and is shouting at me for getting too close. I know I hadn't behaved racist because the security man in Tesco is black and he didn't say anything. Yes, black lives matter, but you can also speak your mind to a black person if he's upset you.

EDIT: I think it upset him because he was black and a white man isn't allowed to be angry with you. I probably taught him a lesson. Being black, doesn't debar you from criticism if you've been aggressive with someone. The fact I'm white is neither here nor there. He shouldn't have spoken to me the way he did and I had every right to give him a dressing down.
Jayyyzus. You're just a super confused dude, really, aren't you... :( (Yeah, only just noticed.)

I'm enjoying it Hovis. I got myself into a state yesterday because of the run in at Tesco on Tuesday. And then I thought I was going to be hauled up in front of the police because I urinated behind a tree and felt someone had filmed me but nothing's come of it. I don't like to bring race into play, but it was a black student who was aggressive with me on Tuesday. I wouldn't have minded if he'd politely told me to observe the 2 metre rule but it was the way he shouted at me and made me feel dirty. If it had been me shouting at a black person and telling them to stay away from me it would probably have been seen as racist. Anyway, I gave him back a mouthful. A student who has come from another part of the country and is shouting at me for getting too close. I know I hadn't behaved racist because the security man in Tesco is black and he didn't say anything. Yes, black lives matter, but you can also speak your mind to a black person if he's upset you.

EDIT: I think it upset him because he was black and a white man isn't allowed to be angry with you. I probably taught him a lesson. Being black, doesn't debar you from criticism if you've been aggressive with someone. The fact I'm white is neither here nor there. He shouldn't have spoken to me the way he did and I had every right to give him a dressing down.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve had agro Dale. There is an ongoing court case related to employees on Manchester’s Metro killing someone they took exception to. I wish people would mind their own business rather than everyone else’s.

2300 dead yesterday with 518000
here's some numbers for you, you massive knob

here's some numbers for you, you massive knob

The widest perspective, nuance or detail isn’t what’s needed. This is a psychological event, not a biological one. So Rifke, could you kindly have a nervous breakdown and report?

P.S. don’t ever mention the 1% pay rise for UK nurses. Post a video of you clapping instead. Get with it, for f***’s sake.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a ‘vague book subtweet’?

It's when you're disagreeing with someone or something without directly referring to that person or thing - though quite a few people will recognise what it's about.

On Facebook they call it vaguebooking & on Twitter they call it subtweeting.

I was just joking because someone who hasn't been around for a while has reappeared.

It's when you're disagreeing with someone or something without directly referring to that person or thing - though quite a few people will recognise what it's about.

I was just joking because someone who hasn't been around for a while has reappeared.
Ah, OK. I asked my kids and they didn’t know either. But they’re banned from Facebook and Twitter.

Oh, I see who you mean. She’s OK by me, and I’m convinced she’s about to cross the floor.

Ah, OK. I asked my kids and they didn’t know either. But they’re banned from Facebook and Twitter.

It's mainly grown adults who should know better who do it. Journalists are hilarious when they fall out. Tons of petty sniping, then Julie Burchill will fly in with Why Didn't You Write About Eric Joyce Then!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mainly grown adults who should know better who do it. Journalists are hilarious when the fall out. Tons of petty sniping, then Julie Burchill will fly in with Why Didn't You Write About Eric Joyce Then!
It sounds like more of Solo.

Back
Top Bottom