is it "rare"?

Eil.com flogged one a while back.
I've also seen another one on an auction site along with the Rank one (both same size):

3322_8.jpg

(Another Rank one made £320 on Omega).
It looks pretty good - don't know many 'standee' collectors, but worth owning for curiosity value.
So, yes - rare and reasonably valuable to the right person.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
Just found one of the OP stands sold on Omega (May, 2018) - it went for £180.

Yes, very. (As is the Rank one)
I recently got hold of a couple of these Strangeways counter top stands. But yours is much rarer I’d say. How much do you want?

86F1B296-DB14-4441-89DA-AAD4BBCFBA75.jpeg

Hard for me to offer too much if I’m the only bidder in the room. Say £150 tho?
You could prob get more on eBay tho. Mine went for £260.

I've never even seen that photo before (the band on the stairs). Has anyone else?

The Rank one I feel like I saw in the London HMV at the time of release.

Now I’m deffo out lol. Btw I think everyone should just chuck their bids out publicly.
I’m all for full disclosure, as unorthodox a method as it is. At least we all know where we stand. No phantom bids or “private listings”. I wish eBay would do away with protecting bidder identities too, It would clean the marketplace right up!

Now I’m deffo out lol. Btw I think everyone should just chuck their bids out publicly.
I’m all for full disclosure, as unorthodox a method as it is. At least we all know where we stand. No phantom bids or “private listings”. I wish eBay would do away with protecting bidder identities too, It would clean the marketplace right up!
I wish eBay was just an auction site with no buy it now. That ruined the whole idea of an auction site.

Conclusion?

That's fair enough. So, at ebay I've seen auction listings and I've seen buy it now with best offer listings. I've even noticed auction style listings with a buy it now option within itself. What I don't get, is the (quite recent introduction of) auction listings that also have a best offer option. What's that about? How are you meant to know what to offer in relation to the opening bid on this type of listing? At least there's no confusion in any of the other three types of listings. Or have I missed something glaringly obvious? Well, I wonder...
I wish eBay was just an auction site with no buy it now. That ruined the whole idea of an auction site.

Back
Top Bottom