Is Morrissey Central down?

I've never been to Morrissey central except for the one time Morrissey interviewed himself as... John Barron was it? And decided I'd rather not have that in my search history if I were to die. The rest of it can stay, but that's just embarrassing.

Also, if a person isn't a little down most of the time, they either live off the grid somewhere in blissful ignorance, or they're in need of a personal ass wiper and spoon feeding.

I didn't get where I am today by interviewing myself as John Barron.

I've never been to Morrissey central except for the one time Morrissey interviewed himself as... John Barron was it? And decided I'd rather not have that in my search history if I were to die. The rest of it can stay, but that's just embarrassing.

Also, if a person isn't a little down most of the time, they either live off the grid somewhere in blissful ignorance, or they're in need of a personal ass wiper and spoon feeding.
Actually, Riggers. Interesting choice of pseudonym, I thought, with at least a couple of interpretations. 1) The whole thing's rigged (ie blatantly, cheekily toying with us) 2) Mortis - ie we're all bored to death with the droning, repetitive, fabricated sycophancy
I am sure there are more but it's insanely hot here and my rational thoughts want a lie down.

Thanks, but it's as much an affliction as anything.
Are you one of those people (like me) who reads the credits at the end of every show and somehow remembers everyone's names decades later? I must say I feel imdb.com was made for borderline autistics just like me :)

Are you one of those people (like me) who reads the credits at the end of every show and somehow remembers everyone's names decades later? I must say I feel imdb.com was made for borderline autistics just like me :)

Haha, I actually am autistic - and I always look up imdb when watching old stuff unless I already know it - for instance earlier I was watching an Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre from 1961, and I knew I knew J.G. Devlin from the Steptoe and Son episode The Desperate Hours, and I didn't recognise anyone else, so I didn't bother - I tend to look up imdb if I recognise someone but don't know the name, or I know the name but not where I know them from.

Haha, I actually am autistic - and I always look up imdb when watching old stuff unless I already know it - for instance earlier I was watching an Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre from 1961, and I knew I knew J.G. Devlin from the Steptoe and Son episode The Desperate Hours, and I didn't recognise anyone else, so I didn't bother - I tend to look up imdb if I recognise someone but don't know the name, or I know the name but not where I know them from.
Yes, that's exactly what I do! I bloody love imdb, I can't imagine how I managed without it! And it saves the torment of walking around for days trying to think, 'What have I seen that bloke in before?' Actually I was only half joking about the borderline austistic - my son and a couple of other family members have Asperger's so I think my obsessive cast-checking tendencies are probably a bit suspect :lbf:

Yes, that's exactly what I do! I bloody love imdb, I can't imagine how I managed without it! And it saves the torment of walking around for days trying to think, 'What have I seen that bloke in before?' Actually I was only half joking about the borderline austistic - my son and a couple of other family members have Asperger's so I think my obsessive cast-checking tendencies are probably a bit suspect :lbf:

The line is in a semi-arbitary place, and traits are traits, and they're the same whichever side of the line you're on.

Also, I get most excited by relatively minor names. I recently saw The Day of the Jackal for the first time and as great as Edward Fox was, I was more excited about Vernon Dobtcheff. It's not that I think he's better than Edward Fox, it's more like a stamp collecting-type thing :D

The line is in a semi-arbitary place, and traits are traits, and they're the same whichever side of the line you're on.
Yes, I get that. I think the label is helpful for understanding and providing explanations - both for the person themselves and those close to them. But we're all of us just people, with all our weird idiosyncrasies, so I'm pretty comfortable to be either side of the line.

Yes, I get that. I think the label is helpful for understanding and providing explanations - both for the person themselves and those close to them. But we're all of us just people, with all our weird idiosyncrasies, so I'm pretty comfortable to be either side of the line.

Yes, I was very glad to get my diagnosis in my early forties, although I'd rather have had it a lot earlier Aspergers wasn't really known when I was at school.

Also, I get most excited by relatively minor names. I recently saw The Day of the Jackal for the first time and as great as Edward Fox was, I was more excited about Vernon Dobtcheff. It's not that I think he's better than Edward Fox, it's more like a stamp collecting-type thing :D
Nicely put! :lbf:

Actually, Riggers. Interesting choice of pseudonym, I thought, with at least a couple of interpretations. 1) The whole thing's rigged (ie blatantly, cheekily toying with us) 2) Mortis - ie we're all bored to death with the droning, repetitive, fabricated sycophancy
I am sure there are more but it's insanely hot here and my rational thoughts want a lie down.
Donny Trump used to pretend to be his own secretary, and bullshit people about imaginary accomplishments and all sorts of self-fellatio under the name of John Barron. I see parallels.

I didn't get where I am today by interviewing myself as John Barron.
If you are Morrissey, how does it feel to have completely lost the plot, the fanbase, and the looks? I only imagine the last one stings for you.

Donny Trump used to pretend to be his own secretary, and bullshit people about imaginary accomplishments and all sorts of self-fellatio under the name of John Barron. I see parallels.
I didn't get the reference at first. I was thinking it was something to do with the actor who Google now informs me is actually called Keith Barron.

I didn't get the reference at first. I was thinking it was something to do with the actor who Google now informs me is actually called Keith Barron.
If you are Morrissey, how does it feel to have completely lost the plot, the fanbase, and the looks? I only imagine the last one stings for you.
Scatterkeir was referencing a brilliant 70s British sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. It was clever, subtly subversive writing in which all the main characters had a catchphrase. Reggie's appallingly autocratic boss, played by John Barron, had the catchphrase, 'I didn't get where I am today by...' (whatever the topic of conversation).

Scatterkeir was referencing a brilliant 70s British sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. It was clever, subtly subversive writing in which all the main characters had a catchphrase. Reggie's appallingly autocratic boss, played by John Barron, had the catchphrase, 'I didn't get where I am today by...' (whatever the topic of conversation).
It's a good thing I'm not on Jeopardy staring down a list of 1970s British sitcom questions! Alex Trebek wouldn't get a lot out of me on that one, I'm afraid.

It's a good thing I'm not on Jeopardy staring down a list of 1970s British sitcom questions! Alex Trebek wouldn't get a lot out of me on that one, I'm afraid.
Oh, the minefield of obscure cultural references! I just had to look up Jeopardy :lbf:

Oh, the minefield of obscure cultural references! I just had to look up Jeopardy :lbf:
Jeopardy is obscure to the rest of the world? Be still my trivia loving heart! I thought for sure Jeopardy would be a treasured cultural export worldwide!

Jeopardy is obscure to the rest of the world? Be still my trivia loving heart! I thought for sure Jeopardy would be a treasured cultural export worldwide!
Seemingly not. Sorry to break it to you :lbf: I suppose it could have a cult following on pay-for services like Sky, but since I am skint I only watch the free stuff.

Back
Top Bottom