Poll Is Morrissey xenophobic?

Is Morrissey xenophobic?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
A

Anonymous

I think he is. However, I'd like to know what members of this forum think.

One day, he'll write a song about an Asian boy he admires. The next, he'll criticize Asians for the way they treat animals. I'm sure he can criticize, yet deep down love those he does it to. Like in the song America Is Not The World, he criticizes the invention of the hamburger, but also sings "I love you.", while in the next breath he says "I just wish you'd stay where you is."

As for the pin he wore, I'm not in the know about For Britain, but I guess it wants to slow immigration. I live in Vancouver Canada, and there are a lot of people of color here from all over the world, and I'm white, and I guess I'm a minority here, but I find I'm treated well by most of the people I deal with. In England, maybe the reality is different. I've heard of grooming gangs for instance.

Plus in his autobiography, he said he had thought of having a kid, with an Iranian woman I think, but then 911 happened and it became too awkward.

One day, he'll write a song about an Asian boy he admires. The next, he'll criticize Asians for the way they treat animals. I'm sure he can criticize, yet deep down love those he does it to. Like in the song America Is Not The World, he criticizes the invention of the hamburger, but also sings "I love you.", while in the next breath he says "I just wish you'd stay where you is."

As for the pin he wore, I'm not in the know about For Britain, but I guess it wants to slow immigration. I live in Vancouver Canada, and there are a lot of people of color here from all over the world, and I'm white, and I guess I'm a minority here, but I find I'm treated well by most of the people I deal with. In England, maybe the reality is different. I've heard of grooming gangs for instance.

You're a white Canadian and you're a minority in your own city? Jeez.

fdc4b29f9b4f05685f007009a313317a.jpg

In the early 2000s, Lonsdale clothing became popular among some European neo-Nazis, allegedly because a carefully placed outer jacket leaves only the letters NSDA showing; one letter short of NSDAP, the acronym for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, the German name of the Nazi Party. Wearing a brand with no Nazi links to express Nazi sympathies helped bypass strict laws concerning the public display of Nazi symbolism. In the Netherlands, Belgium, northern France, Spain and (Germany), the term Lonsdale youth became widely used to describe teenagers with far right tendencies, and the brand was banned from certain schools in the Netherlands and Germany .

Lonsdale reacted to this trend by sponsoring anti-racist events and campaigns, and by refusing to deliver products to known neo-Nazi retailers. In 2003, the "Lonsdale Loves All Colours" campaign was launched, emphasising non-white fashion models, along with increased support for initiatives that combat racism

fdc4b29f9b4f05685f007009a313317a.jpg

vintage-morrissey-shirt-boxers-tour_1_a894d3174f803a5c9e3ad5cb553cd4d3.jpg

In the early 2000s, Lonsdale clothing became popular among some European neo-Nazis, allegedly because a carefully placed outer jacket leaves only the letters NSDA showing; one letter short of NSDAP, the acronym for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, the German name of the Nazi Party. Wearing a brand with no Nazi links to express Nazi sympathies helped bypass strict laws concerning the public display of Nazi symbolism. In the Netherlands, Belgium, northern France, Spain and (Germany), the term Lonsdale youth became widely used to describe teenagers with far right tendencies, and the brand was banned from certain schools in the Netherlands and Germany .

Lonsdale reacted to this trend by sponsoring anti-racist events and campaigns, and by refusing to deliver products to known neo-Nazi retailers. In 2003, the "Lonsdale Loves All Colours" campaign was launched, emphasising non-white fashion models, along with increased support for initiatives that combat racism

You're a bit off with this one. Londsdale, Fred Perry and other brands were popular for a while with the Britpop bands. Nothing sinister here.

Back
Top Bottom