Poll Is Morrissey xenophobic?

Is Morrissey xenophobic?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
So. If I were to spend many occasions on public record saying "I, Morrissey's left 'un, think pancakes should stay in pancake land, because they don't belong here, they can't even pancake properly, look out there on High Street, all you see and hear are pancakes, and I support a party called FOR CREPES that is very anti-pancake, because while I have no problem with pancakes, they are bringing pancake related crime and horror, I don't want them here, and one can't help but feel that pancakes are a sub-species of breakfast foods" would you, or would you not believe that I have an inherent bias against pancakes? Now I'm going to leave this one alone, because it's getting too syrupy for my tastes.

I have no idea what your taking about.

See a shrink.

I'm saying Morrissey has repeatedly made xenophobic and racist comments on public record so naturally people think that's what he is.
Don't play thick, it's a Morrissey site. Once upon a time that meant a person was quick on their toes.

But repeatedly over the years he’s made many comments that could be mis/interpreted in many ways.

Shouldn’t we then take everything he’s said since his first interview, all the songs, and even (especially) the voice into consideration before one (a stranger) can even consider making a judgment on another human being that they don’t really know?

I believe this is the only fair and rational thing to do, especially if one is not a close friend.

But repeatedly over the years he’s made many comments that could be mis/interpreted in many ways.

Shouldn’t we then take everything he’s said since his first interview, all the songs, and even (especially) the voice into consideration before one (a stranger) can even consider making a judgment on another human being that they don’t really know?

I believe this is the only fair and rational thing to do, especially if one is not a close friend.
There's no ambiguity in his statements anymore. I will judge based on behavior and words. Because I suspect Morrissey only has two real friends. Linder and his Mom. They're the ones he doesn't have to pay.

There's no ambiguity in his statements anymore. I will judge based on behavior and words. Because I suspect Morrissey only has two real friends. Linder and his Mom. They're the ones he doesn't have to pay.

“Yellow and green
A stumbling block
I'm a twenty-digit combination .... “

you’ll never unlock.

Take all his behavior, words and songs that he has offered up to the public since his first appearance as a singer into consideration and then maybe you’ll find something that at least points to the truth, but not the whole truth.

good luck nut ! :thumb:

“Yellow and green
A stumbling block
I'm a twenty-digit combination .... “

you’ll never unlock.

Take all his behavior, words and songs that he has offered up to the public since his first appearance as a singer into consideration and then maybe you’ll find something that at least points to the truth, but not the whole truth.

good luck nut ! :thumb:
Yeah, he spent a lot of years being vague and offering partial truths. It seems that age has dulled the blade of his wit. And humanity.

Why do people focus on on Morrissey the bigot or Morrissey the xenophobe instead of Morrissey the artist?

Xenophobia: noun. an aversion or hostility to, disdain for, or fear of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers: Xenophobia and nationalism can be seen as a reaction to the rise of globalization.

"With the issue of immigration, it's very difficult because, although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears," he said. "If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won't hear an English accent. You'll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent."

He's okay with people from other countries as long as they stay in their countries.
"And I love you
I just wish you'd stay where you is"
"life is hard enough when you belong here"

Xenophobia is different than racism and I think that is confusing for some people. Uncleskinny, for example. But he is clearly xenophobic.

Who cares? I wont date black or Hispanic men dont get me started on middle eastern men, who cares. I really dont think you all care that much about people of color. You care about shaming people because you hate people. Btw, oriental people intelligence out surpass white people in spades.

Why do people bring up really old threads and harp on about the same subjects that Morrissey has made unpopular comments on instead of talking about his music?
Yeah because I see you on here talking about his music all the time.

All you do is troll around threads with long, rambling threads you think make you sound really 'intelligent', with funny little Radis the lap dog liking them for you.

Back
Top Bottom