Morrissey Central "IT BREAKS YOUR HEART IN TWO" (January 2, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
I kind of like how odd this is - fey snark at his record company, a retro camp single & some working-classness. He still knows his roots, even if he's not savvy at pitching it to the media class.

IT BREAKS YOUR HEART IN TWO - Morrissey Central
January 2, 2020

It is now reported that the official BMG release date for Morrissey's "It's Over" is January 24th, by which time "Morrissey will be 116 years old" (secret source.)

Adjustments_igc2yj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognise that guy in the picture, I'm sure I see him in my local in Roundhay in Leeds on karaoke night. Him and his mate never sing, though they're more than welcome to join me for a rendition of Rebel Yell!

that’s him. It’s that Callum. The lad is a bloody pest. Turns out for the odd Moz gig here and there, and usually ends up bawling his eyes out. Strange.

“Arts industries” are very much “nuts and bolts”, kiddo. They exist because they proliferate. They do this through sales. Melvis sold 8000 copies of his last album, in various physical formats. The cost of a 2500 LP vinyl run and much cheaper 10,000 CD run have not been recouped.

He autographs and sells other artists albums. He’s playing residencies, offering discount tickets and employing seat-fillers.

You’re obviously invested - and that’s fine - but don’t make yourself look like a total whack-job douche by insinuating that Sony/BMG are allowing grace-time on monetary recoup for an “exec”with a penchant for elevator music that has no market.

Independent labels take chances. Sony/BMG? Not so much.

Not true.

Development hell is more usual than production.

There are contracts & commissions all over the place that do absolutely nothing at all. Even BBC departments have to compete with themselves, which means investing in hundreds of projects that will die.

You could think that. You could also say that. Of course, you could also always consult Soundscan and a number of other readily available industry markers before crawling back up Melvis’ anus.
Fine, since we're not all industry insiders here, care to supply a link?

I'm not particularly bothered either way, but those numbers look suspiciously like the numbers which appeared to be reported for the first week sales.

This is like a game of table tennis, which I love, but eventually someone has to put down the bat. I can't wait for the new Moz album. I just hope the release isn't derailed by all these recent antics. Is it really so strange to want who was once an icon to ... become an icon again? Instead of a cruel cantankerous caricature? The good news is that the singing voice is better than ever. Spoken word.... well I'm not so sure anymore.
Edit: for some reason I can't reply to Ketamine, who I respect on this site. Possibly because Keto's comments were inline to my previous post. Anyways nobody cares but my reply is to Ketamine.

Don’t kid yourself. The “exec” that throws himself behind Morrissey will be tossed out with the baby and the bath-water. Record companies are not altruistic, although - they ARE charities, to a point. They’ve been coddling Morrissey for 2 decades. Well past the point of recouping their investments.

BMG has provided a leaf for this insect to squat on. He’s just sitting there, blaming the world for his failures as a recording artist.

8000 physical copies are easily sold independently. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... Morrissey’s pablum and shitty attitude don’t warrant major label support. The remaining sycophants and slugs will just have to pony-up, if they want this nonsense to continue.

BMG owns Morrissey’s ass. He’s VERY MUCH a dog on a chain. ...and a whiny, wimpy, slobbering “kick-me dog”, at that.

He's talented & he's a challenge. There's always someone who will hope to be the one who gets him to behave.

Fine, since we're not all industry insiders here, care to supply a link?

I'm not particularly bothered either way, but those numbers look suspiciously like the numbers which appeared to be reported for the first week sales.

No one can scan sales overall that accurately & where they can it gets obscured. Everyone wants to know roughly what position someone is in, no one wants anyone else to know exactly where the money might be.

This is like a game of table tennis, which I love, but eventually someone has to put down the bat. I can't wait for the new Moz album. I just hope the release isn't derailed by all these recent antics. Is it really so strange to want who was once an icon to ... become an icon again? Instead of a cruel cantankerous caricature? The good news is that the singing voice is better than ever. Spoken word.... well I'm not so sure anymore.
Edit: for some reason I can't reply to Ketamine, who I respect on this site. Possibly because Keto's comments were inline to my previous post. Anyways nobody cares but my reply is to Ketamine.

Same (ish). But I'd settle for not having to watch people be horrendous to him as he gets older. I've seen enough self-righteous mob behaviour to last me a lifetime.

A lovely actor in his 70s, nicest old fruit in the industry, went through a phase of getting called a biphobic Nazi because of an appearance on a UK Reality Show. Some venue manager cancelled him & called him 'That f-king creature' in the email. And that's someone who networks, appears at the opening of an envelope & has a lot of friends. Moz barely goes out.

that’s him. It’s that Callum. The lad is a bloody pest. Turns out for the odd Moz gig here and there, and usually ends up bawling his eyes out. Strange.

be interesting to know how you know this or know him

who are your friends? Skinny and his user names?

You know how some here call Skinny 'crazy', damaged, ill etc, because he keeps obsessing about someone he hates? You're like that with Skinny. He's one ex-mod on a Moz fan forum but you can't stop mentioning him and you see 'fake' usernames everywhere, like he's controlling the whole enterprise. It's absolutely bizarre.

You know how some here call Skinny 'crazy', damaged, ill etc, because he keeps obsessing about someone he hates? You're like that with Skinny. He's one ex-mod on a Moz fan forum but you can't stop mentioning him and you see 'fake' usernames everywhere, like he's controlling the whole enterprise. It's absolutely bizarre.

What are you on about now? This is NOT a Skinny forum, thats what you Skinny sympathizers don't seem to get thru your thick heads. Anywhere else he would have been banned instantly.
You want people to become Skinny hate trolls sympathizers? Are you cuckoo?

What are you on about now? This is NOT a Skinny forum, thats what you Skinny sympathizers don't seem to get thru your thick heads.

I know, that's why 99% of people here DON'T talk about Skinny endlessly. It's just you. Put him on "Ignore"!

If it is the same guy, his mate is actually an incredibly talented musician. At least as good of a songwriter as Morrissey, and at least as good of a guitarist as Marr. Watch this space, big things could be happening in the next few years.

I know, that's why 99% of people here DON'T talk about Skinny endlessly. It's just you. Put him on "Ignore"!

I think Puppet Parrot is just trolling or is a bit cracked. He seems to have no interest in Morrissey at all, just wants to accuse people of being Skinny & to say gratuitous things about Islam.

Is it really so strange to want who was once an icon to ... become an icon again? Instead of a cruel cantankerous caricature? The good news is that the singing voice is better than ever. Spoken word.... well I'm not so sure anymore.

I don’t believe in the name calling.

His lyric style seems to be a conscious change on his part along with the way he responds in recent ‘interviews’.

In part it may just be a reaction to the way he feels he’s being treated. And in lyric it seems on his part he just wants to get to the point, cut away all the flowery and maybe in hope also cut away the image that he himself, his fans and the media have created of him (bookish, shy/weak,etc). I do get a sense of urgency and being fed up from him, and that for him there’s no more time for the ambiguity that we and even he loved in his earlier lyric writing.

But yes, overall, either in his writing style or the way he responds in recent interview, there seems to be a conscious move away from the idea of the person he may feel that he isn’t any longer or maybe to some small degree never actually was.

Which is why so many are hurt. It hurts when someone’s image you have of them changes because one’s own identity and belief system depends on it.

We don't like the damage that Skinny is trying to create on this site...Skinny isn't a fan, never really has been, nor is he a mod any longer. You have to ask yourself, why does he keep coming here trying to poison everyone's thoughts regarding Moz.

Skinny is an attention seeker who has a sick, sad, personal vendetta against Moz, & real Moz fans don't like it.

PP, a real fan, is just calling Skinny out at every opportunity & quite rightly so. The so called mods do nothing & allow the nasty Skinny to post vileness. Anywhere else, Skinny would be banned. The mods allow it bcos it provides traffic. That's their only agenda...site traffic, however toxic it might actually be.

PP will stop when Skinny & his clones f*** off. If they stay, so will the jibes from PP. Simple really.

Better, why dont you Skinny hate trolls open a Skinny forum and you can roll around in the mud with him. All you can pack up and go there and post your insanity there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom