"It Happens Every Time" by Tim Buckley on covers album?

I still see it on this guys instagram. I guess it is It Happens Every Time by Tim Buckley.

https://www.instagram.com/cellodick/

44249_cellodick.jpg

@cellodick / Instagram
Sunset Sound
#allstars #joechicarelli @billy_mims@rogerjosephmanning thanks for the great session. #morrissey

Last edited by a moderator:
Great song, by one of Morrissey’s 13 most revered singers.
Also on the intro-music the last 5 years or so.

Strange choice imo - although it sort of has the feel of the iconic 60s girl singers he likes. Wonder if he'll sing 'she' or 'he'?

It's a delicate, brief song with dark tones.
I'm sure some of the songs are going to be interesting to the point of enraging some, but this isn't a terrible choice if arranged well.
Regards,
FWD.

It's a delicate, brief song with dark tones.
I'm sure some of the songs are going to be interesting to the point of enraging some, but this isn't a terrible choice if arranged well.
Regards,
FWD.

The lyrics certainly suit Moz anyway. I'm not being argumentative but I wonder if Moz will change the she to a he or something more vague. Sounds like it could be a letter to Jake. I like the original and think Moz might just make a great cover version of this.

This new album is gonna suck monkey balls.

It will be an album full of obscure songs. He could have done great things with an album full of covers. He could have recorded well known songs and made them sound better than the original.

But oh no, he has to pick these forgotten shitty songs. f*** me!

So glad it’s one by Tim and not Jeff, who I feel is highly overrated. Anyways he once could only squat not stand in the the shadow of his pa, who was the real genius.

This has me intrigued as it perhaps suggests that Morrissey will be delivering an album of 'original covers' and not just ones he's already done as b-sides or live (of course with the exception of "Back on the Chain Gang"). All will be known soon as the saying goes.

So glad it’s one by Tim and not Jeff, who I feel is highly overrated. Anyways he once could only squat not stand in the the shadow of his pa, who was the real genius.

Tim is considerably more talented. His cover of Hallelujah is sublime.

That's utterly dreadful. The lyrics are a sickly potpourri of every Morrissey cliche in the book.

"And it happens every time
Give my love, she leaves me behind
Yes, it happens every time
The sorrow makes me lose my mind
If she'd only be as true as I am
And listen to my love that's sayin'
Oh baby, won't you stay mine
Your lovin' makes me feel so fine
And someday baby you'll find
My love was gentle and kind
Someday you'll know that leaving me was wrong
But don't bother all that time is gone
And it happens every time
Now I know it's not worth the tryin'
So baby, don't turn around
Let my tears fall to the ground"

This new album is gonna suck monkey balls.

It will be an album full of obscure songs. He could have done great things with an album full of covers. He could have recorded well known songs and made them sound better than the original.

But oh no, he has to pick these forgotten shitty songs. f*** me!
Maybe we'll luck out and he'll cover something that is Jesse's personal equivalent to Cilla Black, and it will provide the impetus to force him screaming from the room, and band.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom