Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports

It's official: the Italian police will sue Moz

La Polizia denuncia Morrissey per diffamazione: “Sono psicopatici armati” - Affaritaliani.it

Morrissey diffama la Polizia italiana, Consap: «pronti a denunciarlo e a chiedergli un risarcimento» - OP Osservatore Politico

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey defames the Italian Police, Consap "ready to sue and ask for compensation"
By Pier Paolo Palozzi

The British singer was stopped by police for a check, in central Rome. Subsequently, on their social profile, he defined the agents of "armed psychopaths." The Police Union: "we do not care about the 'logic she does not know who I am', for us all citizens are equal, including the singers'

ROME - A lawsuit and a thank you, these are the reactions of Consap, more representative union of the State Police to heavy externalization of the English singer Morrissey.

"By the term 'armed psychopaths' that the singer has posted on his company profile - explains the national secretary of Consap Stefano Spagnoli - has been given a mandate to our legal department to assess the details of defamation, while about the possibility that the singer gates all Italian dates we can only thank him for freeing resources for the safety of Italian citizens. "

The Conferazione Statutory Autonomous Police rejects the sender, "the logic of" you do not know who I am "and the bad example of respect for the rule of law provided by singer .- continues the Trade Union Confederation of Autonomous Police - hoping that the promoters of these events musical know better assess the artists to gratify the presence and with the massive crowds, excluding those who clearly and despite the emergence of international security think they are above the law and police checks. "

UPDATE July 12:

Additional quotes from the police union in a link posted by an anonymous person:

Il Siulp (sindacato dei poliziotti) denuncia Morrissey per oltraggio - Askanews

Last edited by a moderator:
It might have felt right, posting the police officer's portrait, but it is wrong. It puts you in the same league as Trump with his CNN wrestling clip. Don't do this again.

They are glad he cancelled his shows so that they won't have to waste more efforts policing him. This is the best part.
That translation needs a little work.

I hope the next time he plays Ganglord, he just puts up on the screen the robocop's photo.

Presumably, he'll also be changing the lyrics so as to admit that the police can't quite always be bribed.

I get the impression that the Italian Po-Po are trying to strategically litigate against Mozzer's and Sam's public participation. MOZ, YOU ARE THE MERITORIOUS PARTY. THEY CAN'T INTIMIDATE YOU. THEY ARE TOO STUPID. THEY NEED TO BE STRIPPED OF THEIR GUNS AND BADGES. GO, MOZ, GO!

#VivaMoz :sunflower:

http://www.askanews.it/cronaca/2017...orrissey-per-oltraggio-top10_20170710_200719/

The Italian Unity of Police Workers, in the person of the Italian Secretary General Felice Romano, reports that he has instructed lawyer Massimiliano Annetta to report to Mr Steven Patrick Morrissey and the owner of the profile facebook "Sam Esty Rayner Photography "in relation to what happened in Rome last 4/7/2017 and, even more, to what has been said later on social networks and press organs.

"It is believed, in fact," the Siulp explains in a note, "that no one can outraged those who do their duty to guarantee the safety and freedom of citizens, while assuring the full right of citizenship recognized by law. This, more importantly, when the one who does so should be an example because it is a 'public figure': we policemen are accustomed to working in the belief that public relevance has more burdens than honors. Let us note that Mr. Morrissey not only does not think of us as we do, but he believes that his being 'famous' places him above the law.

"Certainly - continues the Siulp - who only briefly publicly criticized the British Premier because, in his view, there was no adequate guarantee of the security of the citizens, we would never have expected the Italian police officers to be 'psychopathic' In anti-terrorist controls, with the aggravating that such an action would make him 'insecure' in our country. "

"In the circumstances - the police syndication notes - colleagues acted not only in full compliance with the rules, in order to guarantee the safety of Mr. Morrissey, but also with extreme touch and kindness, allowing him to contact the hotel In order to identify the same, with no documents, expecting to refrain from declining in general because a car that had entered countermeasures at a sustained speed in a crowded street in central Rome. Exactly what led him to criticize his country's police. "

"Representing the overwhelming majority of Italian policemen, and not wanting to lend ourselves to what appears to be an obvious campaign of self-promotion, we can not allow anyone to offend the dignity and professionalism of Italian policemen and of our entire country who - concludes Siulp - unlike others, as regards hospitality and hospitality, it is giving lessons to the whole world."

Reckon this is embarrassing for Uncle Steve. He has played up Italy as this wonderful land and now he gets shiteee on by them. Italian life partner, love of pasta and Italian bread, riding a moped around Rome for photo shoots, Italian flag emblems all over tour shirts and bass drum...etc

Chuck a fag?

Wonder if Sarrow will come In the end will be played now. I've no idea what burden of proof the union will be under to prove damages as I dont know much about Italian laws and courts, the most recent case I followed being he Knox case (it didn't leave a good impression), but the union doesn't seem like it has much of a case. There statement made it seem like he was being sued for having criticizing words for the police that they didn't seem justified. Unless they can prove some part of his statement was a lie intended to slander which I don't think they can will this go anywhere

Can't help but think Morrissey made this whole situation escalate with his shitty, entitled attitude (even if has in the right to begin with). At least maybe now we'll find out what really happened. Once again, I'd rather be discussing reactions to new material, etc. but this is what we get.

This "The wise option for Morrissey is to get shot of his nephew, once and for all. Family ties and all will no doubt get in the way.
Sam has proven to be worse than Jake Walters, Peter Hogg and Kristeen Young in terms of leaching off the talent and causing embarrassment. Jack and Peter (from what I hear) at least tried to guard Morrissey against outside harm, in terms of press. There was at least an old school English decency , to a point. Jack is also quite talented. Kristeen and now Sammy , on the other hand, are all too modern and American in their shameless grab for spotlight. Sam was too busy giving interviews (to Rolling Stone) and putting his new profile picture up, after stupidly posting pictures of the officer, to care what harm he caused his uncle. At least , thats what I've been told, I'm not on his page and do not go on Moz sites, but thats what I've heard)
Morrissey is going to have to pay for the stupidity of his nephew, this is on the back of a few years of dumbass activities by Sam. Of course Sam will continue to do what serves him, taking full advantage of Morrissey's deep family loyalty, because he has no talent, looks like a 90s boy band dancer and is basically thick"

Then " From what I've heard over the years, and what I've always inferred from his personality, Morrissey isn't new to getting himself in trouble in a myriad of ways , thats just his nature. Whats is new, well since around 2007 or so, is that he has had less and less people who understand him around. Most around him are just there for money, they aren't very clever, they aren't very good, apart from maybe Boz, the reason these people, in the quotes you sent me, keep saying he's changed since 2008 is not because he has changed but because the calibre of people around him have changed . People like KYg, Tony Viscuntti and, I would suggest Jalapeno Tobias are all deeply unpleasant in a number of ways, none of which I wish to repeat. I will say this how seriously can you take KY when she was betraying Morrissey to anyone who would listen , when she was on tour with him, after he had helped her out so much. How seriously can you take Tobias when he is a known piss head , who dates from the Morrissey fan club pool ? Sam also, from what I hear, also uses the Moz army as Tindr and is also trying to launch his career off the back of Morrissey. Unfortunately what worked for Jake, won't work for him. Jake is a skilled photographer, Sam isn't"

I note the bot army are maintaining radio silence on this one :clap::laughing::rofl::ahhh::clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I note the bot army are maintaining radio silence on this one

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Too busy looking forward to the new album.

Time to go to The Winchester and let this all blow over...

Radio silence from you would be a godsend, mind.
SOSB

:gun: :greatbritain::knife: :mock::mock::mock:

There statement made it seem like he was being sued for having criticizing words for the police that they didn't seem justified. Unless they can prove some part of his statement was a lie intended to slander which I don't think they can will this go anywhere

This is seeing things through the lens of US law, where defamation requires a lie to have been told. That isn't the case in most countries, where you can have defamation based on implication or unjustified criticism, although the standards will vary from country to country and I wouldn't claim to know exactly what they are in Italy.

Just FWIW, even in the US you can have defamation based on lies by omission. In this case, Morrissey and/or Sam appear to have left out important information (that a driving offence had been committed, that the police allowed Morrissey to phone his hotel so they could ID him) so as to give a false impression of what happened. So it's not at all clear that this wouldn't be actionable even in the Land of the Free.

Whoops:

The police respond to British rocker Morrissey's insults, which he stopped by the authorities as he slammed in the course of the Course, called the patrol "armed psychopaths".
Now the English songwriter is in trouble because the police union intends to launch a lawsuit with a claim for compensation for statements made to the British tabloid Metro UK after the authorities' detention.
Are you pleasuring yourselt off to this?

giphy.gif

The police department is the biggest street gang in the entire world. Never trust a police officer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom