Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports

It's official: the Italian police will sue Moz

La Polizia denuncia Morrissey per diffamazione: “Sono psicopatici armati” - Affaritaliani.it

Morrissey diffama la Polizia italiana, Consap: «pronti a denunciarlo e a chiedergli un risarcimento» - OP Osservatore Politico

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey defames the Italian Police, Consap "ready to sue and ask for compensation"
By Pier Paolo Palozzi

The British singer was stopped by police for a check, in central Rome. Subsequently, on their social profile, he defined the agents of "armed psychopaths." The Police Union: "we do not care about the 'logic she does not know who I am', for us all citizens are equal, including the singers'

ROME - A lawsuit and a thank you, these are the reactions of Consap, more representative union of the State Police to heavy externalization of the English singer Morrissey.

"By the term 'armed psychopaths' that the singer has posted on his company profile - explains the national secretary of Consap Stefano Spagnoli - has been given a mandate to our legal department to assess the details of defamation, while about the possibility that the singer gates all Italian dates we can only thank him for freeing resources for the safety of Italian citizens. "

The Conferazione Statutory Autonomous Police rejects the sender, "the logic of" you do not know who I am "and the bad example of respect for the rule of law provided by singer .- continues the Trade Union Confederation of Autonomous Police - hoping that the promoters of these events musical know better assess the artists to gratify the presence and with the massive crowds, excluding those who clearly and despite the emergence of international security think they are above the law and police checks. "

UPDATE July 12:

Additional quotes from the police union in a link posted by an anonymous person:

Il Siulp (sindacato dei poliziotti) denuncia Morrissey per oltraggio - Askanews

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the connection why you think a lawsuit is dependent on Morrissey having been arrested. Can you explain that?

well Morrissey wasn't driving, as for now, it's not clear who was driving, or even Morrissey had something to do with it, only thing is a person [Morrissey] walk before a Nike shop] and a police traffic cop is putting his gun loaded and unlocked the safety click, so 1 time his finger touched the trigger a bullet would be going out, that man was shouting to Morrissey about papers, and I know you, so clearly Morrissey was the target, the main person , as far as I've seen written on here. Afterwards he said some things about what he thought and felt during that incident.
As I read the headlines the wanna sue Morrissey, and I say and write again, there won't be a lawsuit,, because they haven't even arrested or questioned Him...as for what he said, well I don't know Italian law, but seuing someone who said something about being agressive being hold at gunpoint for 35 minutes, and shouted at...it's clear to me whose the most offensive, and any member from the Italian Justice department who file a case knows there's absolutely nothing to win. There be no lawsuit, capice?

ciao and thanks, and I stop explaining , cause we're getting way out about the incident

Last edited:
The more you learn about Morrissey, and the trail of resentment that he has left behind in almost every relationship that he has ever had, the more you realize that he has almost no redeemable personality traits.

I don't have to like someone to listen to their music, and Morrissey's nauseating social retardation certainly won't stop me from following his work, but he seems like the kind of personable that you would never want to know in any capacity.

His mother has a lot to answer for.

The lesson? Don't raise a mama's boy. It will haunt the both of you.

There is a trail of friends he made angry but did any of them pay attention

fame+money+lawsuits.jpg

The bigger deal is that Morrissey cancelled a tour over something so minor.

Suggs was right when joking suggesting Morrissey cancel a gig over a fag paper blowing onto the stage.

The man cannot face his fears, and can only battle through surrogates from afar. How...brave.

Anyone who pays to see him play live is only enabling his immaturity, and sense of entitlement.

well Morrissey wasn't driving, as for now, it's not clear who was driving, or even Morrissey had something to do with it, only thing is a person [Morrissey] walk before a Nike shop] and a police traffic cop is putting his gun loaded and unlocked the safety click, so 1 time his finger touched the trigger a bullet would be going out, that man was shouting to Morrissey about papers, and I know you, so clearly Morrissey was the target, the main person , as far as I've seen written on here. Afterwards he said some things about what he thought and felt during that incident.
As I read the headlines the wanna sue Morrissey, and I say and write again, there won't be a lawsuit,, because they haven't even arrested or questioned Him...as fow what he said, well I don't know Italian law, but seuing someone who said something about being agressive being hold at gunpoint for 35 minutes, and shouted at...it's clear to me whose the most offensive, and any member from the Italian Justice department who file a case knows there's absolutely nothing to win. There be no lawsuit, capice?

ciao and thanks, and I stop explaining , cause we're getting way out about the incident

You are assuming Morrissey told the truth but that is what the lawsuit will be about. Au revoir.

The bigger deal is that Morrissey cancelled a tour over something so minor.

Suggs was right when joking suggesting Morrissey cancel a gig over a fag paper blowing onto the stage.

The man cannot face his fears, and can only battle through surrogates from afar. How...brave.

Anyone who pays to see him play live is only enabling his immaturity, and sense of entitlement.

If Clownerrey ever performs live again wouldn't it be funny payback if the veterans turn up on mass to heckle the CrankFraud media whore with screams of "SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS ! WHERE ARE YOUR 4KIN DOCUMENTS ! " :laughing:
Oh I can it see now , Shammy Ryanair posting pics of the crowd on his face4ck page "Last night Uncle Steve was date raped by his own audience. Clownerrey walked on stage and immediately faced a barrage of verbal abuse and Kerrygold Dubliner mini cheese pelter's. Clownerrey has now cancelled the rest of the tour despite the fact that the dates havn't yet been confirmed/announced. :rofl:

#we:loveletter:Rome

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

You are assuming Morrissey told the truth but that is what the lawsuit will be about. Au revoir.

without Morrissey this item would have spared me lots time.

Again, what truth? do you think he was the driver? If so why did the cop didn't ask for a car to take him to the police station?

till now there's no official justice report from whomever about the traffic incident, only about Morrissey was around.

Morrissey hasn't been official asked to come at the policestation to get questioned, at least, I never read it in the info on this site, but it seems you know more than what here on this site is published.[plus the links to stories from papers]

I just wrote in this item about what was published on this site in papers.

thanks and respect from the Netherlands.

[again, everyone have great friday and a calm safe weekend]

without Morrissey this item would have spared me lots time.

Again, what truth? do you think he was the driver? If so why did the cop didn't ask for a car to take him to the police station?

till now there's no official justice report from whomever about the traffic incident, only about Morrissey was around.

Morrissey hasn't been official asked to come at the policestation to get questioned, at least, I never read it in the info on this site, but it seems you know more than what here on this site is published.[plus the links to stories from papers]

I just wrote in this item about what was published on this site in papers.

thanks and respect from the Netherlands.

[again, everyone have great friday and a calm safe weekend]
I appreciate your polite manner and I also wish to treat you with respect. I do think you are confused about this matter and I'm not sure if I am able to explain where the problem lies. But I am foolish and avoiding work so I will try.
There is no criminal case here. I think that is the basis of your reasoning for your belief that there will be no lawsuit.
Morrissey was not the driver. Morrissey was not arrested. Morrissey was not charged with a crime. There is no criminal case here.
But there is a civil case. That is a different kind of trial. I agree with you that there is no criminal case. Morrissey was released. No one has accused him of being the driver. What he is accused of is lying. He is accused of making false statements about the behavior of the Italian police officer. You believe the initial story that was told, that the police officer harassed Morrissey. You believe that the police officer held a gun on Morrissey. You believe Morrissey was threatened and his rights were not respected.
THIS REMAINS TO BE PROVEN.
It doesn't matter now what Morrissey did. The police only said that the car was speeding and going the wrong way because they were explaining that
there was a reason that Morrissey was stopped. and
there was a reason Morrissey was asked to identify himself.
They are saying that his version of what happened is not true.
The are not trying to charge him with the crime of speeding.
They are not trying to charge him with driving the wrong way.
They are not saying he was the driver.
They are not charging him with any crimes, unless defamation of character is a crime in Italy. They are saying that he made untrue statements about a police officer. They are contending that these untrue statements are defamation of character. They are saying that lying about the way a police officer performs his duties is harmful to that police officer as a person. It damages his reputation, if people believe it.
You are the perfect example. You believe the man in the picture harassed Morrissey. You believe the man in the picture held a gun on Morrissey. You believe the man in the picture had his finger on the trigger and that Morrissey's life was in danger.
I assume you believe Morrissey's statement that the police officer is a psychopath?
The police officer and the union he belongs to take these accusations seriously. They want the chance to force Morrissey to either substantiate his claims or to admit he lied. That is what this is all about.
It is not about who was driving the car. It is about the next day when Morrissey caused the police officer's photo to be published. Morrissey could seriously damage that police officer's reputation and also cause harm to him. By posting his name and photo he is inviting the world to ridicule, harass, and possibly even physically harm the officer.
So I think there will be a trial. It will not be a criminal trial. They will not try to arrest Morrissey or charge him with any traffic violations. But they will ask him to prove the allegations he made, and I am pretty sure he will fail to do so.
This is not a criminal trial. It is a civil case.
Thank you and enjoy your weekend as well.

Yes someday we will all have the freedom to speed through crowded streets driving on the wrong side of the road and if the cops stop us we will just say "Morrissey, Rome, 2017" and they will run away and hide from the truth. Now that I see this clearly I can't wait for the trial so we can all be free.

That's the truth.

'Yes someday we will all have the freedom to speed through crowded streets driving on the wrong side of the road'

This is the second time addressing this incorrect information, for if anyone was speeding in the wrong direction on a crowded street then wouldn't there be some deaths if not at least injuries? I don't know where that information came from, the 'crowed streets' bit, if it was the police, well, they are obviously lying.

Now THAT is the truth.

I appreciate your polite manner and I also wish to treat you with respect. I do think you are confused about this matter and I'm not sure if I am able to explain where the problem lies. But I am foolish and avoiding work so I will try.
There is no criminal case here. I think that is the basis of your reasoning for your belief that there will be no lawsuit.
Morrissey was not the driver. Morrissey was not arrested. Morrissey was not charged with a crime. There is no criminal case here.
But there is a civil case. That is a different kind of trial. I agree with you that there is no criminal case. Morrissey was released. No one has accused him of being the driver. What he is accused of is lying. He is accused of making false statements about the behavior of the Italian police officer. You believe the initial story that was told, that the police officer harassed Morrissey. You believe that the police officer held a gun on Morrissey. You believe Morrissey was threatened and his rights were not respected.
It doesn't matter now what Morrissey did. The police only said that the car was speeding and going the wrong way because they were explaining that
They are not charging him with any crimes, unless defamation of character is a crime in Italy. They are saying that he made untrue statements about a police officer. They are contending that these untrue statements are defamation of character. They are saying that lying about the way a police officer performs his duties is harmful to that police officer as a person. It damages his reputation, if people believe it.
You are the perfect example. You believe the man in the picture harassed Morrissey. You believe the man in the picture held a gun on Morrissey. You believe the man in the picture had his finger on the trigger and that Morrissey's life was in danger.
I assume you believe Morrissey's statement that the police officer is a psychopath?
The police officer and the union he belongs to take these accusations seriously. They want the chance to force Morrissey to either substantiate his claims or to admit he lied. That is what this is all about.
It is not about who was driving the car. It is about the next day when Morrissey caused the police officer's photo to be published. Morrissey could seriously damage that police officer's reputation and also cause harm to him. By posting his name and photo he is inviting the world to ridicule, harass, and possibly even physically harm the officer.
So I think there will be a trial. It will not be a criminal trial. They will not try to arrest Morrissey or charge him with any traffic violations. But they will ask him to prove the allegations he made, and I am pretty sure he will fail to do so.

It all sounds good to me C L :thumb:. How long do you reckon before we can hang him from the gallows ?

#we:heartssuit:Rome

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Very well reasoned and cuts to the core of the particular issue.

The existence of a civil trial and its result both depend on the judicial system and the prospects the police union may have about the decision. Justice and law have nothing to do with it. The judge will have to consider the legality of Morrissey's detention and treatment in the light of the overall normative system, not only police orders, at the moment of evaluate his words.

At the same time, since this is a matter of image for police unions, the judge will have to consider the international image of Italian policemen making bravado with tourists while ignoring pickpockets, mafia corporations and another important illegalities, and the subsequent cost of spreading and reinforce that conduct through a judicial decision condemning a victim by his words and not an abuser by his acts.

Justice and law, on the other hand, we can only talk about them here at this forum in an abstract scenario. In western countries, if Europe is still so, there are legal principles and human rights according to law: principle of innocence, freedom of speech and all kind of guarantees against police abuse. If a country hasn't expressly suspended those guarantees based on a funded cause, they must be respected at all costs.

1. One missed semi-colon; one missed capitalisation; one missed comma; one mis-spelling of 'their'; one missed question-mark; and another missed question-mark.
Keep trying.

What's your point. I obviously don't care about grammar as we've had this exchange repeatedly. Anybody actually know the answer to the questions I asked. Will they actually file a lawsuit or are they just blustering. Why haven't they done so already. How long do they have

You're a moron and have no clue what you're talking about.

What's your point. I obviously don't care about grammar as we've had this exchange repeatedly. Anybody actually know the answer to the questions I asked. Will they actually file a lawsuit or are they just blustering. Why haven't they done so already. How long do they have

No lawsuit will be filed. The Italian judicial system is proven to be garbage and sloppy. This is all posturing on their part. Morrissey already won.

Likely, we will never hear about this again, with the exception in tabloid bullshit fashion.

Last edited:
The existence of a civil trial and its result both depend on the judicial system and the prospects the police union may have about the decision. Justice and law have nothing to do with it. The judge will have to consider the legality of Morrissey's detention and treatment in the light of the overall normative system, not only police orders, at the moment of evaluate his words.

At the same time, since this is a matter of image for police unions, the judge will have to consider the international image of Italian policemen making bravado with tourists while ignoring pickpockets, mafia corporations and another important illegalities, and the subsequent cost of spreading and reinforce that conduct through a judicial decision condemning a victim by his words and not an abuser by his acts.

Justice and law, on the other hand, we can only talk about them here at this forum in an abstract scenario. In western countries, if Europe is still so, there are legal principles and human rights according to law: principle of innocence, freedom of speech and all kind of guarantees against police abuse. If a country hasn't expressly suspended those guarantees based on a funded cause, they must be respected at all costs.

I don't understand this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom