It's Hard To Walk Tall When Your Small (slow version)

This B-Side taken from Irish Blood English Heart has two versions. The "official" one and an alternative slower version that Morrissey performed live during his 2016 tour.

Other than Swords that also has the 'official" version, I only found it on:
Morrissey ‎– Redondo Beach / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

but I'm clueless which version this one is. Does anyone know?

Attachments

• R-1231180-1264434469.jpeg.jpg
    R-1231180-1264434469.jpeg.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Spencer Corbin reacted to the leak here with:
"There are posts appearing on FB and Morrissey-solo.com of an unfinished/unreleased track I co-wrote with Morrissey, 'It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small', this recording was part of the b-side sessions (which included, 'Lost') that followed the recording of Maladjusted. Amazed to hear this track after so long and though the track is unfinished and was never released I am glad it is seeing the light of day after so many years."

I don't think Peter has hinted at the source, but a DAT tape has been mentioned elsewhere.
Regards,
FWD.

Seen Morrissey sing this version live and it's absolutely stunning, a real shame it's never been released on an official recording.

Seen Morrissey sing this version live and it's absolutely stunning, a real shame it's never been released on an official recording.

Absolutely. It was part of 2016 tour song list. Below a link from Manchester Arena.
I mean, I really enjoy the said "normal" version, but this slow alternative one, it lingers... simply beautiful.

Absolutely. It was part of 2016 tour song list. Below a link from Manchester Arena.
I mean, I really enjoy the said "normal" version, but this slow alternative one, it lingers... simply beautiful.

Thanks pal, I was there that night but I'd also seen him in Bergen then Stavagner also before Manchester. I think I'm right in saying Bergen was the live debut of this version and it blew me away, the melancholy is heartbreaking and everytime I hear it, it brings back great memories & a few sad ones too.

One can only be eternally grateful for this burial. I've always wondered if the source has access to the other pieces from this phase, or rather why KIT and IHTWTWYAS saw the light of day and Hanratty, I know Who I love, Nightmare & The Leeches keep on removing should rest in strife? @Erik

Back
Top Bottom