"It's Over" 7" vinyl appears on Italian record sites with Dec. 13, 2019 release date, updated sleeve

New crop / moved lettering artwork via an Italian record site:

full

(Apologies - only a small image currently)

The original image on Morrissey Central (Oct. 12, 2019):

20191114_162026.jpg

Update (Nov. 14):

Although this release isn't on the indie store Warners release sheets for the 6th, 13th or 20th of December - it is showing on the Warner's sales portal with a release date of December 13th.
The Warner's product number is: "4050538559873".
If searched for, this code gets 2 hits for Italian record shops:

https://www.ibs.it/it-s-over-vinile-morrissey/e/4050538559873#

https://www.mondadoristore.it/It-s-over-Morrissey/eai405053855987/

Both with changed artwork and cite a December 13th release date too.

I'm sure there will be more details to follow and as there isn't 100% certainty (which I prefer when it comes to people spending their money), please appreciate this information could change.
That said, this the most tangible news about the single to surface.

Update (Nov. 16):

The single has been removed from the .UK Amazon store, but remains on .DE/FR/IT

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

The plot thickens - 2 sites now saying:
"OUT ON 10 JANUARY 2020"
"Release Date: 01/10/2020"

https://www.lafeltrinelli.it/musica/lp-vinile/morrissey/it-s-over-vinile/4050538559873
https://rockntipo.com/122375-comprar-vinilo-online-morrissey-it-s-over-7-pulgadas.html

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dale - another new user from just this month - is already on my ignore list.

He’s either another joking troll account or is wrong in the head: either way, I don’t need his inanity clogging up the threads.

I’ve been pretty heavy-handed with the ignore button recently & it’s increased my enjoyment of this site immeasurably; I strongly recommend all other reasonably sane members do the same.

Now, if only DavidT would disable comments from Anonymous guests, this site might actually become a worthwhile place again.

:)
the site needs an overhaul.think dales a bit newfangled,theres a word.thus the posting every two minutes,im sure he will calm down.

Last edited:
Dale - another new user from just this month - is already on my ignore list.

He’s either another joking troll account or is wrong in the head: either way, I don’t need his inanity clogging up the threads.

I’ve been pretty heavy-handed with the ignore button recently & it’s increased my enjoyment of this site immeasurably; I strongly recommend all other reasonably sane members do the same.

Now, if only DavidT would disable comments from Anonymous guests, this site might actually become a worthwhile place again.

:)

what a snide c*** having a go at new members. Plus, Dale’s only been grating on you for 1 month, you’ve been insufferable on here for 10years.

And your post is doing something other than trying to ruin a good time for everybody on this forum by spewing bullshit?

Another Morrissey hater who can’t just leave us Morrissey fans alone to enjoy this site, & another who’s going straight on my ignore list.

FFS its a Skinny sub species fake username, pay no mind to it, it has no mind of his own.;)

OrdinaryCuck is pulling up his britches and will momentarily get on up from the floor and depart the pub to the council house. Give him 5 minutes.:straightface:

And your post is doing something other than trying to ruin a good time for everybody on this forum by spewing bullshit?

Another Morrissey hater who can’t just leave us Morrissey fans alone to enjoy this site, & another who’s going straight on my ignore list.

Go f*** off and create your own forum then, police it how you want. There’s people on here that have been Moz fans since day 1 and have a right to air their feelings, even if they’re a bit different to yours. Why do you only wanna hear things you agree with? What a pussy.

Go f*** off and create your own forum then, police it how you want. There’s people on here that have been Moz fans since day 1 and have a right to air their feelings, even if they’re a bit different to yours. Why do you only wanna hear things you agree with? What a pussy.

FFS a WHAT? you a MOZ FAN??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

a DramaJ Le Pew fan. :censored:

thats the end. DramaJ Le Pew fans wanting real true devoted Moz fans to leave the Moz forum:drama:
what drama by the DramaJ Le Pew fans.:drama:

Given Morrissey's considerably exacting standards regarding album artwork, and his justifiably ferocious hatred towards the overall exploitation of animals, I find it unsettling that an image of Robert Mitchum clearly exploiting an animal should be acceptable (regardless of the framing) as a Morrissey sleeve.

FFS a WHAT? you a MOZ FAN??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

a DramaJ Le Pew fan. :censored:

thats the end. DramaJ Le Pew fans wanting real true devoted Moz fans to leave the Moz forum:drama:
what drama by the DramaJ Le Pew fans.:drama:

Ahhh it’s you again, that guy that overcompensates for his lack of humour by cramming his posts full of emojis. It doesn’t make them any more funny, mate.

The Orb's son said upon release that he loved it and Morrissey reminded him of his father. Huge praise. Elvis wouldn't share a stage with The Orb he was so intimidated. He said so. Beauty.

The Orb's son said upon release that he loved it and Morrissey reminded him of his father. Huge praise. Elvis wouldn't share a stage with The Orb he was so intimidated. He said so. Beauty.
I guess it’s that intimidating presence that makes It’s Over a complicated listen for me. Yes Morrissey’s vocal is great, but he can’t really own the song because Orbison’s voice on the original was one of the greatest ever committed to vinyl.

On California Son, I much prefer Morning Starship and Don’t Interrupt... partly because Morrissey’s versions aren’t overawed by the blueprints (him deviating so much from the vocal delivery of Jobriath and Mitchell).

The terrible backing vocal aside, I think Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow is the most successful recording on the album.

The covers record did get this inspired one time only vocal from Mozz. I've never heard him like that.

I guess it’s that intimidating presence that makes It’s Over a complicated listen for me. Yes Morrissey’s vocal is great, but he can’t really own the song because Orbison’s voice on the original was one of the greatest ever committed to vinyl.

On California Son, I much prefer Morning Starship and Don’t Interrupt... partly because Morrissey’s versions aren’t overawed by the blueprints (him deviating so much from the vocal delivery of Jobriath and Mitchell).

The terrible backing vocal aside, I think Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow is the most successful recording on the album.

For me, the best versions on California Son, after It’s Over, are:

Suffer The Little Children
Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets
Only A Pawn In Their Game
Lenny’s Tune

but I think the whole album is very successfully done; I only hope he’ll follow it up with a collection of cover versions of some of his favourite songs by British songwriters.

Update November 16, 2019:

I have a feeling "information could change" is going to come back to haunt me - as I'm still not confident about this single's release despite the detective work and subsequent information found.
Time will tell...
FWD.

Update November 16, 2019:

I have a feeling "information could change" is going to come back to haunt me - as I'm still not confident about this single's release despite the detective work and subsequent information found.
Time will tell...
FWD.

Is no longer available on Amazon FR

"Currently unavailable"

Capture d’écran 2019-11-16 à 17.42.52.jpg

Is no longer available on Amazon FR

"Currently unavailable"

View attachment 53491
That's a placeholder (usual for Amazon) which is a good thing.
It says unavailable and it normally updates when stock/release is close.
That said, it's a UK import on the French site, so it will probably be dependent on a UK release.
Regards,
FWD.

The covers record did get this inspired one time only vocal from Mozz. I've never heard him like that.
It’s his most impressive vocal since Something is Squeezing my Skull. And perhaps his best ever.

Do any of these vinyl 7-inches actually exist? I have never seen one and I have absolutely no interest in buying one but I keep seeing news of them being announced, then postponed and/or cancelled ad infinitum. I suspect they are just a sick ploy to delude fanatics like vegan cro who don't buy them anyway but keep hailing any sad tidbit as news that Morrissey is still winning.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom