Jackson's death ''homicide''

kyleleonard

Jeff Buckley Is God
The Los Angeles county coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death was caused by a lethal combination of powerful sedative drugs.

Conrad Murray, a cardiologist who treated Jackson for insomnia, told a Los Angeles police official that he had injected Jackson with propofol in the hours before his death on 25 June in a rented mansion in Los Angeles. The drug is an anaesthetic used during surgery, and is typically administered intravenously in a hospital setting.

In a sworn affidavit, Los Angeles detective Orlando Martinez said that Murray admitted to giving the 50-year-old singer a veritable cocktail of drugs to help him sleep the night before he died.

Murray had been Jackson's personal physician for about six weeks, and told investigators that another doctor had introduced Jackson to propofol, which investigators said the pop star obtained using several aliases.

Martinez said that the Los Angeles County chief coroner Dr Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran reported Jackson had a lethal level of propofol in his blood.

Murray told police he used it to help Jackson sleep, and that he worried Jackson had become addicted to it. He said he tried to wean Jackson off the drug, which Jackson called his "milk". Murray said Jackson had injection marks on his hands and feet.

Murray said he was monitoring Jackson's pulse and oxygen levels as he administered the sedatives during the night, and that Jackson remained awake despite several injections of drugs. Jackson requested and demanded an injection of propofol, Murray said.

Murray told investigators that about 10:30am on 25 June, Murray left Jackson for less than two minutes to use the restroom, and that Jackson was not breathing when he returned. Murray began CPR, injected more drugs, and another aide summoned help.

Federal drug enforcement agents were unable to find records of Murray's purchase of propofol and have sought medical records from a handful of other physicians who had treated the singer.

Martinez also stated that in April, Jackson offered to pay another physician any price to obtain propofol. The physician declined. Murray has gone into virtual hiding since Jackson's death. In his only public statement, he said in a video posted on YouTube that he had told the truth and "the truth will prevail".

------

:eek:!

not that it wasn't obvious, worthy of a thread, no doubt

It's amazing that this drug they use to make people unconscious for surgery would not let him sleep. From what I've read the type of sleep you get with strong sedatives is not restorative anyway because it doesn't allow you to go through the natural cycles of sleep, and may prohibit REM sleep, which seems to be an important part of restful sleep, possibly for psychological reasons more than physical. So when a person this heavily drugged was finally able to sleep, when they woke up they would still feel tired and would eventually be exhausted, but still unable to sleep, especially with the tolerance to these drugs that would have been built up. I'm surprised he was not using stimulants as well. I saw an interview with a nurse who said that he used a lot of caffeine, but in the famous interview where he held the baby over the balcony, he was very jittery and seemed to be in some kind of drug-induced state more than you would be from drinking a few cans of Pepsi.

I guess it seems that Gloria Allred was right and his children were in danger, because even though he had people around to keep things safe, none of these people could stop him from acting on his whims and he was not in the right frame of mind to make health and safety decisions.

I can't believe the quantities and dosages he got that night. He had enough downers in him to put a large zoo animal to sleep. :eek: Was this his normal sleep routine? Being unconscious is not sleeping. Insomnia sucks, but damn...read a book or something. ;) If it took a lethal combination of drugs to put him to sleep, I just wonder what the hell it would take to wake him up the next day?

It's all quite sad.

Ian Undercover Predicted Jackson's Death

IUC Exclusive: Michael Jackson does not have more than Six Months To Live

IUC has learned the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson, is extremely ill with a rare disease. He’s been hospitalized several times the past month in what his close friend Dean Smith described as an “incurable disease”. “It’s worse than cancer,” Smith told IUC last week. “Cause they don’t have a cure for what Michael has. Unless the homeopathic treatment he’s receiving kicks in Michael will be a gonner within six months.”

dhfivm.jpg

Homicide...criminal charges of second-degree murder...reckless homicide. It makes me sad that he lost his life, trusting in someone who should know better. It's total irresponsibility to give someone propofol without being on a mechanical ventilator.

"Propofol is a short-acting intravenous anesthetic commonly utilised in the intensive care unit (ICU) for sedation of mechanically ventilated patients. The rapid onset and termination of action make it an attractive drug for use in the ICU. The safety profile of propofol is well established."

Michael was living/dying on the edge for a long time, it seems.

The ruling is shocking but I suspected foul play. Or at least death at the hands of a quack doctor.

He may be a quack doctor but even a good doctor would probably have fallen into the same trap. Jackson was powerful and not in his right mind. People with money surround themselves with yes-men. If someone like Jackson tells you to shoot him up with a drug, you do it.

To me this finding is just a footnote to Jackson's bizarre behavior. His death was a suicide. The doctor should face the music but I hope the judge goes easy on him.

He may be a quack doctor but even a good doctor would probably have fallen into the same trap. Jackson was powerful and not in his right mind. People with money surround themselves with yes-men. If someone like Jackson tells you to shoot him up with a drug, you do it.

To me this finding is just a footnote to Jackson's bizarre behavior. His death was a suicide. The doctor should face the music but I hope the judge goes easy on him.

I disagree, doctors murder people all the time and get off easy
I hope they throw the book at him, the more "white collar" criminals in jail the better :cool:
oh wait, the doctor was black?
33.gif

I am in a quandary then :confused: since judges tend to give far tougher sentences to African Americans(even for 1st time convictions) than other people
so I don't know then, screw it, just take away his medical license and ask him nicely to promise not to drug anymore people up til they die :thumb:

oh wait, the doctor was black?

Yes, but does this really count as black on black crime?

take away his medical license and ask him nicely to promise not to drug anymore people up til they die :thumb:

This. ^^

It's all that's necessary. And the sooner the book on MJ is closed, the better.

Then we can turn our attention back where it belongs: The Diana/Morrissey Phenomenon. :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe the fact that this 'doctor' was performing CPR on MJ while MJ was on
a bed. Even a basic EMT knows CPR won't work that way. On the 911 tape you can hear the dispatcher telling the dr to get him on the floor. He certainly does sound like a quack...

If someone like Jackson tells you to shoot him up with a drug, you do it.

And then you go to prison for it. If the person who did it was not a doctor that would be the result.

To me this finding is just a footnote to Jackson's bizarre behavior. His death was a suicide.

Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I
I want to go to bed

Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
And then leave me alone
Dont try to wake me in the morning
cause I will be gone

Dont feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I will feel so glad to go

I absolutely agree with worm here - it's MJ's own fault. He employed this doctor to supply him with hard drugs. If the doctor had refused MJ would have hired someone else.

I absolutely agree with worm here - it's MJ's own fault. He employed this doctor to supply him with hard drugs. If the doctor had refused MJ would have hired someone else.

well, we're still saying the doc did wrong you know :straightface:
i mean just because someone else will do a bad thing if you dont, does not mean you should, ok W_C_
06.gif

I don't think that a drug dealer that supplies someone that dies of an overdose is guilty of murder, but if they actually inject them it's different, and this person was a doctor that was supplying and injecting a very dangerous drug that was inappropriate for home use. If Michael Jackson had died of a self-injected heroin overdose I would not think anyone but himself should be responsible, but when you actually hire a doctor there is some implied contract that the things that he does to you are, if not totally without risk, at least not most probably fatal. It was the doctor's responsibility to say no, and because he is a doctor he should be held to a standard.

In a way the doctor's that did all of the crazy plastic surgery to Michael Jackson were also guilty of malpractice, but in that case, I can see that the patient's wishes would be followed, according to some guidelines, because the risk of death is not great. If they had been ethical I think that they might have refused or insisted that he seek counseling first to be sure he understood what he was doing and why.

But a drug addict is not in their right mind anyway, and might not be 'sane', and a person on the heavy drug's Michael Jackson was on is certainly not able to make important decisions. I think that the doctor should go to prison to send a message to other doctors that will do whatever their wealthy or famous clients demand. The idea that he would have gotten the drugs elsewhere doesn't matter because then the other person he got them from would be responsible.

It's very obvious that Michael Jackson made a lot of very poor decisions for a long time, and these decisions led to his destruction. But the decision to demand more potentially fatal drugs simply in order to sleep was not his decision to make, and that is why he had a doctor. He was led to believe that what he was doing was safe because he was taking precautions, such as having a doctor, but his doctor was simply a drug dealer. If someone had injected him with illegal narcotics and he had died that person would be guilty of a crime and likely charged with murder, and I think that this doctor should be held at least to that standard, and actually to a higher standard.

Michael Jackson's fraility show be considered. Though he had power in his massive celebrity (which was derailed in at the time when he hired this doctor)he was the constantly the victim of leeches who took advantage of his wealth and his too openness to suggestion. And most of these leeches were the ones he hired.
Jackson's celebrity and insistence on powerful sedatives doesn't sign off the signature for these sedatives and even if Jackson could do it by himself, he would need the sanctioning of a doctor. proposed celebrity power should not over rule the doctor's better judgement and integrity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom