James Blunt defends Morrissey's comments; other Morrissey Nobel concert press

Re: Favorable article about Morrisseys presence in Oslo (norwegian newspaper)

To use this thread to gather all news about the event, there was a press conference with the artists today. James Blunt was asked if it was right for Morrissey to appear at the concert. He responded with something like "Of course it's right for him to play here. It's the week of Mandelas death and he talked about compassion and understanding. I don't know what [Morrissey] said, but we must forgive and move on."

I could tell you something that would knock your socks off to do with faith. It was a momentous and life changing event, and it did enable me to know that a force beyond all of our intellectual suppositions actually exists. But I'm not willing to talk about it in a public arena. If you would want to know more, you would need to send a pm. But make no mistake, it proved to me that a spiritual experience gave me the truth of the fact that Jesus did exist and is resurrected to protect and guide all of us who care to listen. It took a monumental catastrophe for me to be shown this. I'm not a bible basher by any means and am still not, but believe me this event changed me forever. I know that I'm going to get more than a lot of flack for this and I'm prepared for it. All the gremlins will come out of their caves and attack me, but I don't care, I won't answer them on the board. Even if I get a suspect pm I still won't answer it. Genuine questions only.

I could tell you something that would knock your socks off to do with faith. It was a momentous and life changing event, and it did enable me to know that a force beyond all of our intellectual suppositions actually exists. But I'm not willing to talk about it in a public arena. If you would want to know more, you would need to send a pm. But make no mistake, it proved to me that a spiritual experience gave me the truth of the fact that Jesus did exist and is resurrected to protect and guide all of us who care to listen. It took a monumental catastrophe for me to be shown this. I'm not a bible basher by any means and am still not, but believe me this event changed me forever. I know that I'm going to get more than a lot of flack for this and I'm prepared for it. All the gremlins will come out of their caves and attack me, but I don't care, I won't answer them on the board. Even if I get a suspect pm I still won't answer it. Genuine questions only.
Let me guess, you were abducted by aliens?

Well you should not get any flak for your beliefs. I think if you believe in God there is one. I think it's unarguable and not up for debate.

Reelaround, I do not associate my beliefs with any one religion. I consider myself a theist and a mystic. I'm honestly interested in your experience, as I have had many of those profound experiences myself.

I think this is true, for some. I'll just address the god part. As politics is not my area of interest (or expertise). I think people who were raised with religion, are often drawn back to it later in life, as they get older. Perhaps when they have children and when they age and face their own mortality--go through an existential crisis of sorts. But I think those who never believed in god, and those who are highly intelligent and educated, are not as susceptible. They accept reality for what it is. They know that they must create meaning for their own lives. And that when life ends, that is it. Time's up--for them. But the world will go on without them. They accept this 'sad' truth. Death is a part of life, an event we will all experience. No more mysterious than birth. We are each just a chapter in a never ending book. Our story ends, but the book continues to be written...

I think that you are right to an extent, I had religion rammed down my throat by my step dad and as soon as I left home that was me over and done with all that and now feel as you describe later on. Weird thing for me is that when I was a about 18 one of my best ,mates who I worked with suddenly turned round one morning and said don't swear, I said what the fcuk are you on about. He then told us how he had been visited by The Lord the previous night. He is now 50 and is still heavily into all that stuff. Each to own though I suppose.

I think that you are right to an extent, I had religion rammed down my throat by my step dad and as soon as I left home that was me over and done with all that and now feel as you describe later on. Weird thing for me is that when I was a about 18 one of my best ,mates who I worked with suddenly turned round one morning and said don't swear, I said what the fcuk are you on about. He then told us how he had been visited by The Lord the previous night. He is now 50 and is still heavily into all that stuff. Each to own though I suppose.

So, do you self-identify as an atheist? Interesting about your friend. I think we will one day understand these paradigm shifts, revelations, and altered states which lead people to become believers. It is easy to understand the 'why'--trauma, emotional crisis, existential crisis, illness. But the 'how' is more difficult to get my head around. The first five years are critical to religious indoctrination. If it doesn't take place in the early years, it isn't cemented into the mind--doesn't become a part of the brain structure--ingrained. So, how does an adult non-believer adopt god later in life? Why do some people never believe in god and seem incapable of believing, even if they try? I think the answers will come from the neuroscientists.

Good question and I am not sure, for example,when my mother passed away 13 years ago, she had been very ill and I hoped she was in a better place but when I pop off I am pretty sure the lights will simply go out.

Good question and I am not sure, for example,when my mother passed away 13 years ago, she had been very ill and I hoped she was in a better place but when I pop off I am pretty sure the lights will simply go out.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I know. You are Viva.

Though it's actually none of your business who makes which anonymous posts, I'm generous enough to tell you again: I'm not.

To recap: first you said that post was by a different person than the one who made the previous ones that bothered you (Skylarker, you claimed). Now it's !Viva Hate!. Three false accusations in one thread.

You are consistently harassing other users with your baseless accusations, your lies about having "proof" that supports these accusations, and above all, with your insane signature, in which you ask others, in every single one of your plentiful posts, to join you in your project of trying to see another user banned.

And another user, contra that signature, is not "violating the TOS" by "engaging" with you. You've been told this explicitly (though how anyone could need to be told this is quite a mystery), so the incorrect claim is now a simple lie--yet another one.

Some people can't handle the internet. Some people can't handle forums. Some people can't handle environments in which they lack a clear advantage over others. That's you. I think you should accept it. You are simply not capable of letting go, walking away, etc. You are not mature enough to do this, or to honestly discuss the issues at hand. Pause and work on yourself as a person before resuming this all-consuming project of endlessly telling people what kind of person you are.

Oh: and haven't you said, in that signature and elsewhere, that you aren't replying to "anonymous troll posts" anymore? You'd obviously consider the post you just responded to as one of them. But you had another opportunity to make a false accusation and take a shot at someone--and couldn't resist. You never can, and will never be able to. That's not being a debater, a polemicist, etc. It's being a spoilt, uncomprehending child.

Wrong again.

Please stop assuming that some registered users you don't get on with post anonymously.

Dear Ms Kewpie,

You can only verify WHO made the post, not WHO DIDN'T. Unless that post was made from a static IP or a dynamic one from a location of a regular user, then you are out of luck. 99% of people could be using proxies. This makes your detective work impossible, inaccurate.

David verified this fact in the site suggestions forum: One, Two

And also verified that there was no way he could prove these anonymous posts were not made by him. He does NOT know that they were not made by him. He can't figure out WHO made them by IP alone. And neither can you. Plus this person has admitted to using proxies. I suggest you read my Troll Take-down post in the site suggestions forum. It could be straight out of a Perry Mason episode... outed dumbstruck defendant, humiliation and all.

You do not have the tools and verification abilities that you lead others to believe you have. Your guess is no better than mine. But guess what? Common sense, motive, information, history, inside knowledge, and writing analysis, are tools I DO have. Trust your instinct. If you don't want us to play the guessing game then don't allow anonymous posting. If I am being trolled, I have the right to know who is doing it. If you can't tell me (unwillingness, unable), I will do my own detective work. This case is closed as far as I am concerned. Btw, David is oblivious to the drama and does not screen posts for content, just TOS violations. So abusive posts can seep through.

Sincerely,
Ms realitybites Holmes :lbf:

Last edited:
Dear Ms Kewpie,

You can only verify WHO made the post, not WHO DIDN'T. Unless that post was made from a static IP or a dynamic one from a location of a regular user, then you are out of luck. 99% of people could be using proxies. This makes your detective work impossible, inaccurate.

David verified this fact in the site suggestions forum: One, Two

And also verified that there was no way he could prove these anonymous posts were not made by him. He does NOT know that they were not made by him. He can't figure out WHO made them by IP alone. And neither can you. Plus this person has admitted to using proxies. I suggest you read my Troll Take-down post in the site suggestions forum. It could be straight out of a Perry Mason episode... outed dumbstruck defendant, humiliation and all.

You do not have the tools and verification abilities that you lead others to believe you have. Your guess is no better than mine. But guess what? Common sense, motive, information, history, inside knowledge, and writing analysis, are tools I DO have. Trust your instinct. If you don't want us to play the guessing game then don't allow anonymous posting. If I am being trolled, I have the right to know who is doing it. If you can't tell me (unwillingness, unable), I will do my own detective work. This case is closed as far as I am concerned. Btw, David is oblivious to the drama and does not screen posts for content, just TOS violations. So abusive posts can seep through.

Sincerely,
Ms realitybites Holmes :lbf:
Way to go Reality.
Kewpie needs to take a chill pill.

If you don't have any evidence at all, how can you verify who made the post, as you did earlier?

Dear Ms Kewpie,

If you don't have any evidence at all, how can you verify who made the post, as you did earlier?

Let's call it detective work, other than the techie kind. Old fashioned analysis. The only people who are disputing my claims are you and Kewpie. No one with common sense or who is a regular disputes them.

If you want to allow anonymous posting, then you are going to have problems like this, now, and in the future. If you allow proxies and anonymous posting you are making it impossible for yourself--even--to know who is who. What a nightmare--all in the name of freedom of speech and anonymity. This is honorable, you sticking to your ideals. But at what cost? Not a great one to yourself if you are willing to deal with it. That is, perhaps, until you get someone like me, a long-term regular who has been loyal to this site--never lied to you, posted anonymously, used proxies, or trolled--now complaining that the system is flawed. It creates victims. Allows regulars to harass other regulars without consequences--anonymously.

You allow freedom of speech. Then I have the right to speak. Now. And defend myself. And take-down trolls, if that is necessary to stop being harassed.

Why are my comments more threatening than anything else posted here?

You allow me to be anonymously harassed by a regular. Yet ask me--demand of me--to not concern myself with who it could be? What world are we living in, that anyone would be willing to comply with that double standard? Where is my freedom to know? Freedom of information is just as important as freedom of speech.

You are hiding information from us. Speech, anonymity, and information. Information wants to be free. This too is a guiding principle of a free Internet. This one seems to have been forgotten.

Last edited:
Dear Ms Kewpie,

How do you know 99% of people could be using proxies?

As I asked you earlier, please stop making assumptions.

How do you know 99% of people could be using proxies?

As I asked you earlier, please stop making assumptions.

I said 99% of people COULD be using proxies. COULD be. 10% COULD be. Everyone COULD be.

Obama COULD be eating a ham sandwich right now. Obama COULD be in a meeting. He has done all these things in the past. So it is possible he is doing them now. People have used proxies here in the past. So it is possible they are doing so now. Can I get any more clearer?

COULD. NOT, IS.

1538915_836204786408976_927406558_n.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom