Jesse Tobias no more?

Bluebirds

Has he been retired?

What is it about Dublin and Morrissey guitarists?

Bernard Butler please

The thing is, if Jesse is out, everyone here is hoping for a name...Alain, Bernard, Johnny...I'd love it to be the former, but I just don't see it.
We're more likely to end up with 'Lil Barry' again! And only then will the "bring back Jesse" t-shirts will go into print.

According to someone on facebook, who is usuly a reliable source, Jesse said that the rumour is "compleat crap".

Jesse Tobias HAS NOT left the band, nor has any other member.

ALL LIES!

ive just wanted a morrissey and bernard collaboration since forever. i mean yes was written as a morrissey song and i think the two could do well in musical terms provided they didnt kill one another

Bernard Butler, whom I love, is never going to collaborate with Morrissey. He's insulted and denigrated Morrissey quite a bit, unambiguously, on Twitter and elsewhere. He once ended a tweet ridiculing Morrissey with the hashtag, "teammarr."

If you know anything at all about the disollution of Suede, you know if was in large part because Butler doesn't like depressing lyrics. So you think he's gonna be Morrissey's new man Friday?

Ridiculous.

Bernard Butler, whom I love, is never going to collaborate with Morrissey. He's insulted and denigrated Morrissey quite a bit, unambiguously, on Twitter and elsewhere. He once ended a tweet ridiculing Morrissey with the hashtag, "teammarr."

If you know anything at all about the disollution of Suede, you know if was in large part because Butler doesn't like depressing lyrics. So you think he's gonna be Morrissey's new man Friday?

Ridiculous.

i dont do twitter so i missed like all of that and i also dont know elsewhere but either way i wasnt online much then so i probably just missed all of that as well. i know he has or had at least marrs cherry red gibson and has some sort of relationship with marr as well as theyve played with a few of the same people at special events and what not. i do think bernard would go write with morrissey even if he doesnt like sad lyrics or prefers positive as i think he still loves morrissey more but i dont know. i do know much about suedes break up and separation with bernard and i dont think that was all it was about.

Being Morrissey's guitarist would mean being a faceless nobody in a backing band, where you have to wear whatever stupid T-shirt your boss orders you to, stand motionless by your amp at the back with your feet nailed to the floor , only moving from that spot during your designated solo's, and go out drinking with the boss whenever he tells you to. Sure, if you were a complete nobody you'd jump at the chance for a steady paycheck, but I'm not sure why someone like Bernard Butler would allow anything that demeaning to happen to him.

Ditto Alain coming back. At least when Alain was in the band the first time round, the band had the freedom to express some individuality, wear what they like, and not be nailed to one position on the stage (hell, Alain used to speak to the audience on quite a few occasions). The 'band' now is a very different kettle of fish, and I can't see him wanting to get demoted down to hired-chump level.

Ridiculous.

Bernard has already teamed up with Morrissey. It didn't work out and moz hooked him up with David

He's a runt anyway, "team marr " what a child.
As for the depressing lyrics that's bullshit. He was a huge smiths fan. He left suede due to Bretts drug issues, among other things.
Marr and Bernard deserve each other idiot guitarists with weedy voices way past their best. The music is never just about the music, Brett also came up with quite a few of the ideas with suede words,covers, world view and music ideas and guitar parts

Bernard has already teamed up with Morrissey. It didn't work out and moz hooked him up with David

Offering someone a song, via intermediaries or even the bleeping mail, isn't the same as "teaming up" with them.

As for the depressing lyrics that's bullshit.

On Twitter he has described Morrissey's entire shtick as "corny" and "being a wet blanket." His opposition to depressive lyrics can be found in plenty of discussions of the recording of Dog Man Star.

He was a huge smiths fan.

No one is arguing with that. However, as I already made clear, he is someone who at least in retrospect (important--there are a lot of those) attributes the band's appeal primarily to Marr.

Offering someone a song, via intermediaries or even the bleeping mail, isn't the same as "teaming up" with them.

On Twitter he has described Morrissey's entire shtick as "corny" and "being a wet blanket." His opposition to depressive lyrics can be found in plenty of discussions of the recording of Dog Man Star.

No one is arguing with that. However, as I already made clear, he is someone who at least in retrospect (important--there are a lot of those) attributes the band's appeal primarily to Marr.

yeah i mean mike called them a smiths cover band long before they were suede proper, after he answered the ad, and art is like the same guitar part as barbarism. also brett, whom i love to death, did have some musical interests ideas after bernard left. his demos from home he sent to brett for the top line are like note for note duplicates which no one in the band really disputes. i think bernard has a reputation for working well with other players as his and bens tour was great.

also yeah sending a person a song in then post is not the same as teaming up with morrissey. id take richard hawley as well as he auditioned to be morrisseys guitarist and was turned away for trying to sing in the audition.

Back
Top Bottom