Jessica Brown-Findlay as Linder Sterling in Morrissey biopic "Steven"

Re: Jessica Brown Findlay as Linder Sterling in Morrissey "movie"

looks are close enough,glad they went out of their way. Hope she does the scene with the meat dress and black strap on ! :lbf:

hmm, this film may be worth a watch.

I can't remember her as young .. but anyway acting is more relevant than looks :D

Me too , I want something dark something like Control , Anton Corbjn should've get his hands on this first ;)

looks are close enough,glad they went out of their way. Hope she does the scene with the meat dress and black strap on ...

... and the dildo :D

Jessica Brown Findlay Joins Morrissey Biopic - WENN / Contactmusic.com

Excerpt:

Jessica Brown Findlay has been cast as British artist Linder Sterling in the upcoming Morrissey biopic.

The former Downton Abbey actress will star opposite Scottish actor Jack Lowden in Steven, which chronicles Morrissey's life in 1970s Manchester, England before he finds fame with The Smiths in the 1980s.

The actress will play the English visual artist, who became close friends with the rocker, real name Steven Patrick Morrissey. Linder has included the rocker in many of her art works, including a photograph book in 1992. She also appeared in a 2002 documentary about the musician, worked on video footage for his concert DVD, and shot the images for many of his record covers, including albums Your Arsenal and Beethoven Was Deaf.

Link also posted by an anonymous person and Kenmare (original posts):

‘Downton Abbey’s Jessica Brown Findlay Joins Cast Of Morrissey Biopic ‘Steven’ - Deadline

jessica-brown-findlay.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:

yes, I don't know her acting skills. But looks are at least a start as far as capturing some similarity.

I do hope the film goes into long boring scenes of M as a teen curled up by the his stereo in rapture,empty tea cups,crumbs in his sweater and all the frustration of wanting to be more,pondering that dream of pop stardom,all the frustration and strangeness of being an outsider even when with the few friends who were outsiders themselves,etc.

no audio clip,

audio from that clip,whole song:

oh god, that poor little thing

She looks nothing like Linder and is so much hotter. Why isn't Morrissey fighting the release of the biopic?

They could of got Dolph Lundgren. Linder looks just like him. Anonymous-

She looks nothing like Linder and is so much hotter. Why isn't Morrissey fighting the release of the biopic?

He isn't fighting the release preumably because it will give him publicity

Not worthy of my precious time.

Sorry folks !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

yes, I don't know her acting skills. But looks are at least a start as far as capturing some similarity.

I do hope the film goes into long boring scenes of M as a teen curled up by the his stereo in rapture,empty tea cups,crumbs in his sweater and all the frustration of wanting to be more,pondering that dream of pop stardom,all the frustration and strangeness of being an outsider even when with the few friends who were outsiders themselves,etc.

no audio clip,

Love the sex toy accessory on Linder, reminds me of a certain jack the ripper

Steve,

I just got a FB message from Gary and he told me you are leaving me off the liner notes on KerryGold disc 3. Wellllll...remember that night at the Flint Ramada Inn in 1993 in my room...I'm sure you remember..well guess what? I stole the negatives from Linder when she was making out with Phranc and I still have them! So, I am sure you don't want your cozy family life with Nancy and lil' Sammy ruined out there in Sunny California, so I would suggest you re-consider. BTW, The Spence and Steve Realty Group offer is now null and void. Now I know how Mike Joyce felt.

Spence :(

Last edited:
Morrissey isn't fighting the release of this biopic because he actually has a small role in the film! He's playing
a milk man or is it librarian(?) my inside sources weren't entirely sure,but yes he's in it!,and he gives lot's of sage advice to the
younger Morrissey on how to get on in life,etc.

;)

He's playing a homeless man who goes to touch young Steven but Steven beats him and the other lads help him hide the body.

Morrissey isn't fighting the release of this biopic because he actually has a small role in the film! He's playing
a milk man or is it librarian(?) my inside sources weren't entirely sure,but yes he's in it!,and he gives lot's of sage advice to the

;)

Don't give up your day job!

cheers,
Mike

;)

Why do you write lot's? I'm sick of loonies who don't know how to use apostrophes correctly.

they have already shot the part with Linder init

Since Findlay was on Downton Abbey, I hope this means the "biopic" (would you call it a "movie"?) will feature on prime-time Masterpiece on PBS in the US.

But I don't remember much about Moz and Linder in the 70s described in _Autobiography_. The main Linder scenes I remember are:

1) Linder tells Moz she is pregnant. His chair breaks. [Left out of the book were the answers to: Who was the father? (Moz?) What happened to the fetus? (Miscarry, abort?)

2) Moz, Linder, and other buddies go on a road-trip through the Moors and encounter a ghost.

#MeatIsMurder

no audio clip,

I have to agree with you there. On both counts.
By the way: sometimes you're 'anonymous' AztecCamera but not always 'anonymous'. What is that all about?

She is totally gorgeous, like an English ScarJo but she can also act. She was always going to be the biggest star from Downton. This is a sign of them assembling a good cast, even if she hasn't quite broken through yet, mostly cause she hasn't been in anything significant yet.

The guy who will play Moz has an absolute wealth of things to draw on, so nothing less than a full on forensic Streep mimicry will do. I hope he is as good as Sam Riley in Control and that the film approaches what Control did in greatness.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom