Jimmy Clitheroe

James(notDean)

I met Jimmy Clitheroe's son in a pub last night. Had a drink with him and a chat about the song Little Man What Now. I drunkenly told him about the Alan Bennett story of Morrissey popping round for tea to talk about his Dad.

Thought you guys might like to know.

Jimmy Clitheroe's son?..... Was he sat with Mollie Sugden's bridesmaid?

How many pints did you buy this person?

“Where’s my fiorucci?”

I met Jimmy Clitheroe's son in a pub last night. Had a drink with him and a chat about the song Little Man What Now. I drunkenly told him about the Alan Bennett story of Morrissey popping round for tea to talk about his Dad.

Thought you guys might like to know.

Where do you have to go to meet Jimmy Clitheroe's son?

Other than wanting to put a well-placed space in Jimmy's name, these names mean nothing to me. :tears: I seriously want to submerge myself in English culture so I can get your guys references without having to google all day. :p

Other than wanting to put a well-placed space in Jimmy's name, these names mean nothing to me. :tears: I seriously want to submerge myself in English culture so I can get your guys references without having to google all day. :p

How many times have you watched The Importance of Being Morrissey?

Jimmy Clitheroe was the only one person in the programme I never heard of.

I knew you'd be first to bring his name up:rolleyes:

Best name ever. Sometimes one has to live in the gutter in order to have the best view of the stars. :p

How many times have you watched The Importance of Being Morrissey?

Jimmy Clitheroe was the only one person in the programme I never heard of.

Maybe twice in segments on youtube. The segment where he hugs Nancy like ten times. :blushing:

:lbf: GO CG, GO CG

I didn't buy him any drinks..basically I was outside having a cigarette in the smoking area and somebody said 'meet James' (me) and he introduced himself.

This was in my hometown of Paignton, Devon near Torquay (of Fawlty Towers fame).

Well, it's a small world. But I wouldn't want it as a kidney stone.

Clitheroe named himself after the place where he was born. Did you know this?
Also, Manchester is in the Midlands, viewed from Scotland not quite as Northern as some people might think it is. :p When I lived in Edinburgh, it was down South for me. :)

Carry On is mentioned here
Rude Britannia: British Comic Art
Tate Britain 9 June – 5 September 2010

You're thinking of Eric Morcambe (born Eric Bartholemew). Jimmy Clitheroe was both born in Clitheroe and had the surname Clitheroe. Which is a bit strange.

I worked with a bloke who was obsessed with Jimmy Clitheroe, Old Mother Riley and the likes. Morrissey would have loved him; there was nothing he didn't know about early British comedians. I tried to introduce him to Morrissey's music with limited success: he liked King Leer, You're the One for Me Fatty, Frankly Mr Shankly and a few other more overtly comedic tracks.

Back
Top Bottom