"John Lennon's killer denied parole for 10th time"

"The board explained its decision to Chapman saying ... "You admittedly carefully planned and executed the murder of a world-famous person for no reason other than to gain notoriety."

The board added ... "While no one person's life is any more valuable than another's life, the fact that you chose someone who was not only a world renown person and beloved by millions, regardless of the pain and suffering you would cause to his family, friends and so many others, you demonstrated a callous disregard for the sanctity of human life and the pain and suffering of others.""

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/23/john-lennon-killer-mark-david-chapman-denied-parole-tenth-time/

"The board explained its decision to Chapman saying ... "You admittedly carefully planned and executed the murder of a world-famous person for no reason other than to gain notoriety."

The board added ... "While no one person's life is any more valuable than another's life, the fact that you chose someone who was not only a world renown person and beloved by millions, regardless of the pain and suffering you would cause to his family, friends and so many others, you demonstrated a callous disregard for the sanctity of human life and the pain and suffering of others.""

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/23/john-lennon-killer-mark-david-chapman-denied-parole-tenth-time/
What a mistake to take into account that Lennon was famous and that has nothing to do with it whatsoever and if they take that into account they should all lose their jobs.

That board is full of idiots.

His only crime was that he allowed Yoko Ono to live. That is the only reason why he should remain locked up, for his crime against humanity for letting her live.

He's an utter bastard, he killed a musical genius. I've always loved John Lennon and his music.whenever I watch a Lennon interview i always get good vibes off him. Such a loss,glad he isn't getting parole.

I am gonna kill myself and kill John Lennon on the other side to finish the job off.

Uh? Well they may know about sentences, but they seem to know little about grammar... some people have been killed for less...unless it's the reporter that has a unique style nobody understands (LOTL sckool of writtin).

Oh, but, the "while no one person's life is any more valuable than another's life" bit? So convincing, I got chills. :lbf:

So basically, don't kill anybody famous.
Okay, got it. Sure. No problem.

10 parole applications? You'd think he would give up by now. Look up his wife, she's even more of a lunatic than him.

His only crime was that he allowed Yoko Ono to live. That is the only reason why he should remain locked up, for his crime against humanity for letting her live.
I like Yoko Ono's solo work far better than anything Lennon had a hand in. I know, I know, it's the almighty Beatles. Don't care for them. Respect their place in history, but my ears don't give a shit about them.

I like Yoko Ono's solo work far better than anything Lennon had a hand in. I know, I know, it's the almighty Beatles. Don't care for them. Respect their place in history, but my ears don't give a shit about them.
Huh, it’s hard for me to separate Lennon’s solo work from the fact that he was with Yoko then and I think the brilliant songs he wrote then are informed by that. Beatles aside of course, my mom loved the Beatles so I just grew up listening to them, but Lennon after did some great stuff I think, not lots, think he was too busy living. As for Yoko’s work, music wise not so much for me, but this:

to me is one of the greatest piece of performance art ever done...

Huh, it’s hard for me to separate Lennon’s solo work from the fact that he was with Yoko then and I think the brilliant songs he wrote then are informed by that. Beatles aside of course, my mom loved the Beatles so I just grew up listening to them, but Lennon after did some great stuff I think, not lots, think he was too busy living. As for Yoko’s work, music wise not so much for me, but this:

to me is one of the greatest piece of performance art ever done...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his contributions to her solo stuff, but the Beatles just rub me the wrong way musically. They always seemed so safe and wholesome, and it was even worse for me when they leaned into the hippie thing. I'm a Stones guy. when the Beatles turned into a cartoon, the Stones just got more dangerous and sexy. I do respect their place though, and what they brought to the landscape, especially in terms of what was to come in terms of opening the doors to the British invasion.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his contributions to her solo stuff, but the Beatles just rub me the wrong way musically. They always seemed so safe and wholesome, and it was even worse for me when they leaned into the hippie thing. I'm a Stones guy. when the Beatles turned into a cartoon, the Stones just got more dangerous and sexy. I do respect their place though, and what they brought to the landscape, especially in terms of what was to come in terms of opening the doors to the British invasion.
My mom didn’t like that the only Beatles I seemed to play on my own was their later stuff :o
Also, she hated Yoko and thought of her as a some kind of home and band wrecker.
Later when I married an Asian girl, she made some joke about me copying Lennon :rolleyes:

My mom didn’t like that the only Beatles I seemed to play on my own was their later stuff :o
Also, she hated Yoko and thought of her as a some kind of home and band wrecker.
Later when I married an Asian girl, she made some joke about me copying Lennon :rolleyes:
The closest I come to enjoying them is certain points of Revolver. I think for me, I need to hear some aggression in music, and I have a hard time with drugs music in general. The whole gentle and whimsical "I smoke dope and drop acid, so here's some surreal groovy lovin" thing is just lost on me.

The closest I come to enjoying them is certain points of Revolver. I think for me, I need to hear some aggression in music, and I have a hard time with drugs music in general. The whole gentle and whimsical "I smoke dope and drop acid, so here's some surreal groovy lovin" thing is just lost on me.
Omg, you sound like my mom, she called lotta the music I listened to back in the day “dope music” :squiffy:
She’d ask me if I was on drugs, but I never did drugs at home, ever, well, maybe I was still blazing from some acid I took over the weekend when I went to my dad’s and he wasn’t there, but yeah, dope music, anything weird was dope music.
Prolly made here an excellent social worker for 30 years, but it’s hard growing up with a mom like that, especially when you know she basically was a shot caller on whether or not people got to keep their kids or not, so the last thing she could have happen was one of her kids get busted or something :oops:

Omg, you sound like my mom, she called lotta the music I listened to back in the day “dope music” :squiffy:
She’d ask me if I was on drugs, but I never did drugs at home, ever, well, maybe I was still blazing from some acid I took over the weekend when I went to my dad’s and he wasn’t there, but yeah, dope music, anything weird was dope music.
Prolly made here an excellent social worker for 30 years, but it’s hard growing up with a mom like that, especially when you know she basically was a shot caller on whether or not people got to keep their kids or not, so the last thing she could have happen was one of her kids get busted or something :oops:
I mean, I like drugs music- see our previous discussion about Alien Sex Fiend, but I don't buy into the whole getting high will bring about revolution or change mentality. It's a plant, it's a piece of paper soaked in funny chemicals. Drugs are a nice diversion, and sure, drugs can provide insight to parts of a person they weren't consciously aware of, but I digress. I think as far as music that is significant to me within my ability to relate, that most of the hippie movement was just not something that I can appreciate as a non participant. I can look at the era, and romanticize it a little, because coming off of the bleakness of WWII, and the all around conformity of the 1950s, I imagine it had to be emotionally liberating for the participants to buck convention and express art, emotion, and love, combined with the sensations gained by widespread and easily obtainable drugs. I had my phase of it, just filtered through a post-punk-goth sort of scene that was relevant to me at the time. I couldn't imagine snorting speed off of a Skinny Puppy cassette case, or dropping acid at sunset and wandering around til dawn anymore, but I'm glad for my experience then.

My mom assumed I was taking drugs from a really early age too from the music I listened to because it was so foreign sounding to her and my appearance changed, but thankfully she's also really naive, so I'd tell her "Well Mom, I actually smoked a bunch of pot earlier, and I'm tripping balls on acid RIGHT NOW." and she thought I was being sarcastic, when often, I was telling her the truth. She about shit herself when I told her this a few years ago. :lbf:

I mean, I like drugs music- see our previous discussion about Alien Sex Fiend, but I don't buy into the whole getting high will bring about revolution or change mentality. It's a plant, it's a piece of paper soaked in funny chemicals. Drugs are a nice diversion, and sure, drugs can provide insight to parts of a person they weren't consciously aware of, but I digress. I think as far as music that is significant to me within my ability to relate, that most of the hippie movement was just not something that I can appreciate as a non participant. I can look at the era, and romanticize it a little, because coming off of the bleakness of WWII, and the all around conformity of the 1950s, I imagine it had to be emotionally liberating for the participants to buck convention and express art, emotion, and love, combined with the sensations gained by widespread and easily obtainable drugs. I had my phase of it, just filtered through a post-punk-goth sort of scene that was relevant to me at the time. I couldn't imagine snorting speed off of a Skinny Puppy cassette case, or dropping acid at sunset and wandering around til dawn anymore, but I'm glad for my experience then.

My mom assumed I was taking drugs from a really early age too from the music I listened to because it was so foreign sounding to her and my appearance changed, but thankfully she's also really naive, so I'd tell her "Well Mom, I actually smoked a bunch of pot earlier, and I'm tripping balls on acid RIGHT NOW." and she thought I was being sarcastic, when often, I was telling her the truth. She about shit herself when I told her this a few years ago. :lbf:
Perfect, my mom on the other hand came to realize recently that she played a part in why I became so excellent at hiding it for so long and the having the whole “functioning” addict part down cold by 20. I knew exactly what authorities looked for, the whole proces from top to bottom and how to fool them o_O

Perfect, my mom on the other hand came to realize recently that she played a part in why I became so excellent at hiding it for so long and the having the whole “functioning” addict part down cold by 20. I knew exactly what authorities looked for, the whole proces from top to bottom and how to fool them o_O
I just moved out at 17 and went full on with it. I never ended up addicted to anything other than alcohol, which amazes me because I had some pretty lengthy big boots and bad speed phases where I spent months at a time doing "crank" (pre-crystal meth era) and going like a machine for days at a time, stopping for a week and going right back to it. Never did dabble with needles though, as I've lost f***- I wanna say 7 or 8 friends to the needle over the years, and always somehow knew when to step back right before disaster. I think hitting a point in my youth where I discovered goth, industrial, post-punk etc formed a lot of my musical tastes. They're a lot more eclectic than they were in my teens, but still, the peace and love movement was never for me. I got dragged to the Grateful Dead's last show in Eugene in the 90s, and I left within 30 minutes of them starting up and just hung out with crust punks in the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom