Johnny Borrell feels sorry for Morrissey

The article I read has this as the last line:

Outspoken Borrell has previously declared his band better than BOB DYLAN.

I love it when pompous people set themselves up for a fall.

The very fact that I didn't even know who this person is before I read the article speaks volumes about who should feel sorry for whom.

ultimately morrissey writes songs for people with more intelligence than the average "razorlight" fan!!

He's still sore because Moz refused to be photographed with Razorlight just as they were making a name for themselves.

Borrell is boring! and he thinks he´s better than the best :eek: first Dylan, now Morrissey... poor kid we feel sorry for him:rolleyes:

and of course it will be very interesting to see what people will think of him (and his work) in 20 years :D

Aren't the viewing figures for Razorlight vs Morrissey more indicative of the people who go to V Festival than anything else?

I.e. middle class, Virgin radio-listening, Keane-bumming, lobotomised bores?

Anyway. Razorlight. Lol!!! Would you dare?

I feel sorry for Johnny Borrell.
Self important, talentless, boring little tosser!!
Razorlight? How crap are they?

I just checked; Borrell-Solo.com is still vacant. Let's see how popular it is in 20 years.

Yeah, good point. How long have Razorlight been around, 10 minutes? How many people will go and see them in 10-20 years time.

Borrell's a c*** in my opinion.

To be fair....

....he does say he was a huge Smiths fan when he was younger. I think he may have been genuine. Maybe

Saying that, I find the man tiresome, the kind of rock star that should have died in the 80's. The new songs are hugely dull and clearly aiming for the MOR market here and in the States. Don't know why but they remind me a bit of Dire Straits....

On the subject of the V festival, it was obvious beforehand that Razorshite would be a bigger draw than Morrissey, seeing as they have sold many more albums and are more popular with the young festival going crowd, despite the bands almost hilarious level of awfulness. I suspect that Morrissey would only play the festival if he was given the status of 'headliner'.

Finally, I agree with the point raised here that the band will be forgotten in the future, just like Toploader. The songs just aren't memorable.

Razorlight????

Somehow I feel kinda proud to be completely unaware of who these people are.

What digusts me is how little bands like Razorlight, Kasabian etc actually have to do to get headline slots at festivals these days.

There was a time you had to earn it.

f***ing wank the lot of them.

What digusts me is how little bands like Razorlight, Kasabian etc actually have to do to get headline slots at festivals these days.

There was a time you had to earn it.

f***ing wank the lot of them.

i think you'll find it's cos theyre extremely popular and sell lots of records..... i do agree with you tho, they are wank!

Outspoken Borrell has previously declared his band better than BOB DYLAN.

That is not even half true. What Borell said, was ''if Dylans making the chips then I'm drinking the champagne'', and the statement was in relation to both their debut albums. Regardless of whether you agree with this correct interpretation anymore than you do the above obvious exageration, it makes no difference since Borell really wasn't deriding Morrissey in anyway. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a Razorlight fan, their music doesn't interest me, but dont polarize Borell by taking his comment out of context. We both know that Morrissey and Borell have more in common with their arrogance than many of us would like to admit.

Johnny Borrell... enjoy your fifteen minutes.

Razorlight are a joke.

The song, Golden Touch, sounds like 10:15 Saturday Night by the (infinately better) Cure.

They're one of those bands adored by the middle class masses who, when they leave sixth form, will forget all about Razorlight.

A life of X-Factor-alikes will then dominate their musical tastes.

Yes, I am bitter. But at least I KNOW how bad Razorlight are... the rest, well, they'll see the light one day.

Razorshite write some good pop tunes...nothing more. I hate people that are stuck up their own arses, and he is such an ugly c*** n'all

Back
Top Bottom