Johnny Marr and Modest Mouse tonight at KoKo

selfvalidation

Ill advised
Just amazing. I was standing right in front of Marr, I was so close to him. The new material between himself and MM is really great, certainly got the Marr jangle to it.

He looked really amazing as he played, so natural. It was just such an experience to see the other half of a band I love playing live

Did anyone else go?

On a side not Modest Mouse played Float On, Bukowski and Dramamine some of my faves

L xx

I was there, too.
Although Johnny looked enjoy playing, it's a wasted opprotunity to me.

When he's in The The, there's merit in both live and creative process (yes, luckily I saw live).
However, in Modest Mouse he's just doing session work, I'm afraid.:o

It was just such an experience to see the other half of a band I love playing live

I had the same thrill when I saw Johnny playing with Electronic. Too bad he was a tiny white stick figure-- I saw him play a baseball stadium.

I just don't get it.

From what I hear all the new songs sound like Modest Mouse songs. Marr has had no influence on the sound of the group at all. All the Modest Mouse fans have expressed great relief at this.

So why does he bother? Is it the money? Is it ego? It's not like he's doing it for the fun of it, because everyone knows he doesn't like playing live.

He'd be better off doing a few acoustic shows on his own around Manchester. At least he'd have some artistic input.

I've never been lucky enough to see Johnny live but I agree if he ever decided on any solo gigs I'd certainly make the effort.

Back
Top Bottom