:cool:
I'm throwing my arms around Johnny
2m3jqjn.jpg

Jukebox Jury

Nice pic! But next time don't forget the camera :D

Re: Take A Walk On The Wild Out-Side

"[People] think the music industry is a place."
"There is no doorway."

These 2 statements are particularly intriguing. If anyone cares to elaborate on what was said, I'm all ears.

And I'm jealous of the guy who has the same dentist as Johnny. Seriously, that's rather cool.

These 2 statements are particularly intriguing. If anyone cares to elaborate on what was said, I'm all ears.
QUOTE]

He was saying everyone thinks the music industry is a place with luscious carpets etc etc like Simon Cowell's house or something that you have to get 'into'. It isnt. You can make it without the fat cats etc etc. He was talking about Joy Division getting loads of money off some big label and what resulted was shit, same as when the Smiths went into the studio with someone's (?) money. Rough Trade / Factory stuff was better... I think I have that right but maybe someone will correct me.
I will post another vid clip if anyone's interested but I accidentally deleted that particular bit. Sorry.

He was saying everyone thinks the music industry is a place with luscious carpets etc etc like Simon Cowell's house or something that you have to get 'into'. It isnt. You can make it without the fat cats etc etc. He was talking about Joy Division getting loads of money off some big label and what resulted was shit, same as when the Smiths went into the studio with someone's (?) money. Rough Trade / Factory stuff was better... I think I have that right but maybe someone will correct me.
I will post another vid clip if anyone's interested but I accidentally deleted that particular bit. Sorry.

Thanks VD, I think your summary is pretty accurate. :)

And I'm jealous of the guy who has the same dentist as Johnny. Seriously, that's rather cool.

Wow, I've achieved cool status. I can retire now :D

I loved the quote from the Telegraph (and in the times):
His recruitment by Salford University for a five-year series of lectures and masterclasses is regarded as a coup to match nearby Manchester University's achievement in securing Martin Amis as a visiting professor.​

But I'd also forgotten Marr's comments about Morrissey (from the Q article):
Marr also spoke about his relationship with Morrissey. “People have this idea that (it) was fraught but it only became fraught when it stopped. For five years you would have been hard pushed to find two people who were as telepathically tight,” he said.​

Whilst I can't ever see the Smiths getting back together, I can't help but wish one day for Johnny to join Morrissey on stage (unannounced to the press) - maybe the next time Morrissey performs in Manchester...

Hmmmm

Wow, I've achieved cool status. I can retire now :D

Whilst I can't ever see the Smiths getting back together, I can't help but wish one day for Johnny to join Morrissey on stage (unannounced to the press) - maybe the next time Morrissey performs in Manchester...

Yeah, we often have troll threads which claim someone close to Johnny told him that Johnny is going to join Morrissey's next Manchester gig. :rolleyes:

Is he STILL there?

That man is dedicated...:p

Article in today's Independent (UK)

The cover of the Arts section is about Johnny's lecture - there's a lot of nice pictures in the article, which is pretty much a transcript of Johnny's lecture notes.

2hgfvhc.jpg

The transcript of Johnny's lecture can be read here.

Thanks to my good lady wife who spotted it in the newsagent.

Peter

Re: Article in today's Independent (UK)

The cover of the Arts section is about Johnny's lecture - there's a lot of nice pictures in the article, which is pretty much a transcript of Johnny's lecture notes.

2hgfvhc.jpg

Peter

Excellent finding, thank you very much Peter. :)

Re: Article in today's Independent (UK)

The cover of the Arts section is about Johnny's lecture - there's a lot of nice pictures in the article, which is pretty much a transcript of Johnny's lecture notes...

Peter
Thanks to you and your good lady wife! :sweet:

Many thanks to Peter and Mrs. Peter.

Whoah, that photo of Lou Reed is a bit scary. I think he must have been the inspiration for Rocky Horror's Frank N. Furter with his white face make-up and frizzy black hair.

Johnny mentioning going to a Slaughter & the Dogs gig made me look them up in Wikipedia, which claimeth that our Steven Patrick recorded 4 songs with them that were never released. Have these ever surfaced?

Many thanks to Peter and Mrs. Peter.

Whoah, that photo of Lou Reed is a bit scary. I think he must have been the inspiration for Rocky Horror's Frank N. Furter with his white face make-up and frizzy black hair.

Johnny mentioning going to a Slaughter & the Dogs gig made me look them up in Wikipedia, which claimeth that our Steven Patrick recorded 4 songs with them that were never released. Have these ever surfaced?

There is a person who claims to have the tape, but he hasn't shared the recordings with us.

I suppose he was teasing us.

I thought Morrissey only attended auditions for the band and didn't get the job........ rendering such recordings as a non event?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom