Johnny Marr Compares Pro-Brexit Campaign to Nazis

I like him as well. Like with moz I don't always agree, as you could probably tell by my Bernie stance, but I like that marr is having a discussion and wrote that he wanted to her opinions and was willing to listen. That a good attitude. Also liked his just sayin as that's something I say a bunch. Still gotta try and pick up his Sig ray bans. I always forget about them

It's very sad M&M were divided by domestic problems. Obviously they have a lot in common, even now. They were very young and inexperienced and their message disturbed some powerful people. Conclusion: easy prey for sly hunters. Of course they were subversives, that was "the problem" with them.

It's very sad M&M were divided by domestic problems. Obviously they have a lot in common, even now.

I don't know if they will be on the same side on this particular issue. Of course, he may have recently changed his views, but Morrissey certainly used to be a fan of Nigel Farage (who unveiled the very poster Marr is complaining about): "I nearly voted for Ukip. I like Nigel Farage a great deal, his views are quite logical – especially where Europe is concerned".

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...i-like-nigel-farage-a-great-deal-8446651.html

I don't know if they will be on the same side on this particular issue. Of course, he may have recently changed his views, but Morrissey certainly used to be a fan of Nigel Farage (who unveiled the very poster Marr is complaining about): "I nearly voted for Ukip. I like Nigel Farage a great deal, his views are quite logical – especially where Europe is concerned".

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...i-like-nigel-farage-a-great-deal-8446651.html

Possibly they are not on the same side on this issue. They are both people who dare to express their opinions about political issues. They are committed with the societies they live in. It seems Marr was referring to the Brexit campaign, which seems too much focused in scaring people about the immigration problem.

By the way, I don't believe all Brexit supporters are nazis, people will vote on what they think is their best interest. From an outsider perspective, it seems they should stay in EU, but people who live in UK know better. It's their country. It's democracy.

Maybe Marr is legitimately concerned about this, too:
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1186-the-uk-leaving-the-eu-would-change-the-european-music-industry/

It seems to me, an outsider, that both campaigns are being fear mongers with the immigration issue and the stay people warning of economic catastrophe

Johnny your heart is in the right place but you have been duped by the Right Wing media

The Left's supporters of Brexit have a very strong case. This is not about human rights it is about big business.

Very interesting to watch thank you.
Steven has a track record at not being the sharpest tool in the box when it comes down to all things business so maybe that could explain his silence on the matter.
I'm sure he'll have lots to say after the event. Lol.

Thanks again

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Johnny your heart is in the right place but you have been duped by the Right Wing media

The Left's supporters of Brexit have a very strong case. This is not about human rights it is about big business.

Nah. The thing is there are plenty of left-wing economics professors around the planet and, if there really was a coherent left-wing case for Britain leaving the EU, you'd expect at least a little gaggle of them to be going around making it. But they're all supporting Remain because, when you get down to it, it's not about human rights or big business, it's just about what the consequences of the vote will be, either way. One of those isn't going to be that we cease to live in a world governed by big business and high finance.

Last edited:
Let's call a spade a spade, the European Union has been a disaster for pretty everyone not named Germany and a bunch of fat cat Eurocrats in Brussels. There seems to be too many cultural and fundamental economic differences for it to work. I figure as soon as one country is brave enough to break free of this one government stranglehold then many more will follow. It only takes one. This I'd say is Britain's one and only shot. You might not like some of the folks leading the Brexit campaign, I know I don't, but they make some fundamentally sound points, remain and Britain is going into the pooper.

Good lord. Nazism and fascism are the go-to lazy leftist comparisons to everything.

Too bad—Brexit wins!

David Cameron resigns. So, will the smiths be reunited?

Never ! Mike, Johnny and Andy are good people who don't deserve the thought of having to work with that village idiot Steven.
Steven and his sidekick lawnmower Martin ruined those Smiths songs beyond repair.

Let's remember The Smiths with fond memories and leave it at that.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Back
Top Bottom