Johnny Marr Compilation/Playlist/Influences

jdbabz

Morrissey has provided us with a good few playlists. Last night during his bbc radio interview Johnny mentioned some of his favourite songs artists-

Paul Davidson- Midnight Rider
Emily Haines
The Cribs

Can anybody think of any other songs Johnny might put on a compilation?

Last edited:
I can't believe he's working with the freekin' Cribs of all bands. And as a full-fledged member? wuh? :confused::rolleyes: Makes no sense. They're f***ing imbocilic shit... and people talk about him supposedly wasting his talent. Ok, not till this Cribs thing. Well, this sure is wasting talent. Hopefully it won't interfere with his work with Modest Mouse. He's got a great thing going with them right now. But, from what he said on that Manchester XFM interview yesterday, he's going to still be working on the MM album and doing the upcoming tour, so.. let's hope that stays true. But, as he's always done in the past, he'd be working on multiple projects around the same time and still be attentive to each. So, maybe it won't be an issue. Every other project he's worked on has been great, and everyone he's worked with so far.. except this Cribs crap. Why the heck the Cribs?! :confused:

Damn Cribs..:mad::tears:

I wonder what it is about Johnny that he ended the greatest British band and ended playing bit parts in everyone else's bands. I would love to know the honest truth. From what I can gather he is a great bloke, but what of all that genius, wasted, just wasted.

I believe Johnny said he cringed when he found out that Midnight Rider was from the Allman Brothers!

Yes I just couldn't remeber who he said did the cover - It was Paul Davidson.

Just curious, who has Morrissey mentioned?

Considering the 2 compilations he did for the NME. Morrisseys' "under the influence" compilation and his pre-gig playlists.

I can't believe he's working with the freekin' Cribs of all bands. And as a full-fledged member? wuh? :confused::rolleyes: Makes no sense. They're f***ing imbocilic shit... and people talk about him supposedly wasting his talent. Ok, not till this Cribs thing. Well, this sure is wasting talent. Hopefully it won't interfere with his work with Modest Mouse. He's got a great thing going with them right now. But, from what he said on that Manchester XFM interview yesterday, he's going to still be working on the MM album and doing the upcoming tour, so.. let's hope that stays true. But, as he's always done in the past, he'd be working on multiple projects around the same time and still be attentive to each. So, maybe it won't be an issue. Every other project he's worked on has been great, and everyone he's worked with so far.. except this Cribs crap. Why the heck the Cribs?! :confused:

Damn Cribs..:mad::tears:

well, i have to say, you are wrong

the cribs are a very good band, i love their newer album, the best thing they have released yet

and i always found modest mouse a bit shit

I prefer him working with the Cribs rather than Modest Mouse.

But really I'd prefer him working with Morrissey:) (of course)

Morrissey has provided us with a good few playlists. Last night during his bbc radio interview Johnny mentioned some of his favourite songs artists-

Paul Davidson- Midnight Rider
Emily Haines
The Cribs

Can anybody think of any other songs Johnny might put on a compilation?

A few specific songs by bands which were also a general infulence:

The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
The Beatles - I'm So Tired
The Beatles - Cry Baby Cry
The Pretenders - Kid
T Rex - Jeepster
Crazy Horse - Cinnamon Girl

Bands:

Supremes
Patti Smith
Rory Gallagher
Chic