Johnny Marr frink thread

Re: Johnny frink thread

marr.jpg

I'm most taken with this shot from the new Mojo interview. It makes me smile when I imagine this stern-faced Uncle Johnny tearing that pipsqueak Isaac Brock off a strip for on-stage tomfoolery. Better still, that jacket looks like something Wilfred Bramble would have worn in Steptoe and Son, so young Brock is this very moment in my mind transforming into Harry H Corbett....

EDIT: Here's two other pics from that interview:

Last edited:

not sure who you mean, but if you mean Johnny lol im sure the NME bought them for him for the purpose of the shoot...
I scanned that a couple of years ago from an old NME :D

Ed O'Brien, the other guy in the picture... he's a guitarist in the band Radiohead. if thats what you were asking, cuz you had it bolded. :)

if not, nevermind.

when i first got into the Smiths, I thought Johnny was the cutest one. i really like this pic of him

totp.jpg

I'm most taken with this shot from the new Mojo interview. It makes me smile when I imagine this stern-faced Uncle Johnny tearing that pipsqueak Isaac Brock off a strip for on-stage tomfoolery. Better still, that jacket looks like something Wilfred Bramble would have worn in Steptoe and Son, so young Brock is this very moment in my mind transforming into Harry H Corbett....

EDIT: Here's two other pics from that interview:

ooo nice pics Kate :D
LALA.gif

Ignore Morrissey, It is Johnny we are interested in.

ooo nice pics Kate :D
LALA.gif

Ignore Morrissey, It is Johnny we are interested in.

That 'Peeping Johnny' always reminds me of my Tom - albeit when he was a few inches shorter ( Tom'll hit six foot any month now, with size 10-and-a-half-feet - it's scary!)

That front cover Mojo pics does Johnny no favours though. Eat a pie, Johnny!

wow vicarinatutugal...is he snogging Mick Rock there? Are you familiar with Rock's work, because he has taken a fair few photos of Johnny Marr? If you go to mickrock.com, click on 'gallery' (along the bottom red strip) and then go to 'Manchester vs Cancer' there are a few good ones of Johnny :)

about Manchester vs Cancer, are there any videos of the performance? Johnny and Andy played together if I am not wrong.

wow vicarinatutugal...is he snogging Mick Rock there? Are you familiar with Rock's work, because he has taken a fair few photos of Johnny Marr? If you go to mickrock.com, click on 'gallery' (along the bottom red strip) and then go to 'Manchester vs Cancer' there are a few good ones of Johnny :)

oo thanks, yea he is indeed having a wee smootch with Mick there, I will have a look at the pics as well. :)

Tags
gerontophilia johnny marr photo
Back
Top Bottom