Johnny Marr in L.A.! 5/16/09

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan

MudSpelledBackwardsIsDum
Johnny Marr Fans,

Today I was driving on La Cienega in L.A. and on the corner at 3rd street across from the Beverly Center waiting to cross the street I saw a guy that looked just like Johnny Marr. I got closer and reallized "Holy sh*t! That really IS Johnny Marr!" So I pulled over to the neighboring parking lot and he was still waiting for the crossing light and I said "Johnny Marr!" And he looked over like he knew me and said hello. I shook his hand and he said I looked familiar. I told him how we met first met backstage at a Neil Finn show he played at in 2002 ( http://jaytando.tripod.com/jeff-and-jay-meet-johnny-marr/ ) and he said "Oh yeah- you guys had my old guitar!" He then totally remembered me from both of the times I met him! So eventually the light changed again and I said "I'll let you go" as I didn't want to keep him- but that I lived a mile from here and was shocked that I happened to randomly see him and just wanted to say hello again. And we shook hands again and smiled and off he went! Great guy. All class. The irony is that I was on my way to the cell phone store to replace my phone that I had just dropped and broken a few hours before- otherwise I would have current Johnny Marr pix to share with you all!

Cheers,

Jay

Re: Johnny Marr in L.A. today! 5/16/09

Johnny Marr Fans,

Today I was driving on La Cienega in L.A. and on the corner at 3rd street across from the Beverly Center waiting to cross the street I saw a guy that looked just like Johnny Marr. I got closer and reallized "Holy sh*t! That really IS Johnny Marr!" So I pulled over to the neighboring parking lot and he was still waiting for the crossing light and I said "Johnny Marr!" And he looked over like he knew me and said hello. I shook his hand and he said I looked familiar. I told him how we met first met backstage at a Neil Finn show he played at in 2002 ( http://jaytando.tripod.com/jeff-and-jay-meet-johnny-marr/ ) and he said "Oh yeah- you guys had my old guitar!" He then totally remembered me from both of the times I met him! So eventually the light changed again and I said "I'll let you go" as I didn't want to keep him- but that I lived a mile from here and was shocked that I happened to randomly see him and just wanted to say hello again. And we shook hands again and smiled and off he went! Great guy. All class. The irony is that I was on my way to the cell phone store to replace my phone that I had just dropped and broken a few hours before- otherwise I would have current Johnny Marr pix to share with you all!

Cheers,

Jay

That is really cool, wish I could just walk through Leeds city centre and bump into Johnny. Good stuff!

Love PTxx.

Oooh, that's so great! I love him. I met him once too and he was life-changingly dear to me. How cool that you just met him randomly like that! :D

Cool, your previous meeting too. :) i love the fact that he's so nice to fans.

Thanks for sharing Jay but is he not supposed to be in Manchester rehearsing for Moz birthday show on Friday:)

I read it on here so it must be true:lbf:

cossy

Johnny Marr Fans,

Today I was driving on La Cienega in L.A. and on the corner at 3rd street across from the Beverly Center waiting to cross the street I saw a guy that looked just like Johnny Marr. I got closer and reallized "Holy sh*t! That really IS Johnny Marr!" So I pulled over to the neighboring parking lot and he was still waiting for the crossing light and I said "Johnny Marr!"

That's fantastic that you spotted him on the street and were able to pull over to meet him! Your heart must have been pounding. Thank goodness for long lights. :)

Johnny's been recording with The Cribs at the Seedy Underbelly Studio in LA for awhile. Here's pic of him getting a tattoo recently at Mark Mahoney's Shamrock Social Club, a top tattoo place in West Hollywood.
Who knows, you may see him again!

JM_8829657.jpg

Well, rui alves and helena figueiredo they don´t like Johnny Marr ! I think they hate him, because questions of jealousy.:lbf:

They never heard The Smiths during their lifetime and they have started to listen Moz solo stuff, only in 1991. So they think they are the one and only Moz fans in the world and for them, Johnny Marr doesn´t exist. :eek:

Thanks for sharing Jay but is he not supposed to be in Manchester rehearsing for Moz birthday show on Friday:)

I read it on here so it must be true:lbf:

cossy

:)eek: It's true that!) Johnny! Get your arse back to Manchestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah immmediately! Do you hear! And make sure you get your beauty sleep! I still haven't forgiven you for the abomination that is G.I.A.C so don't force me to spank you (in front of your son!):mad:

:)eek: It's true that!) Johnny! Get your arse back to Manchestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah immmediately! Do you hear! And make sure you get your beauty sleep! I still haven't forgiven you for the abomination that is G.I.A.C so don't force me to spank you (in front of your son!):mad:
Spank? More like pee on his leg. Please try to stay in character.:p

Spank? More like pee on his leg. Please try to stay in character.:p

I couldn't pee in front of Johnny!:eek: He's my Hero! I'd be all inhibited!
-Wha, hang on, you've never heard of the Spanking Dog :confused:?-

haha you almost googled that :D

But seriously, if Johnny doesn't play in Manchester with Miss Piggy, I'll hold my breath for as long as I can and I'll write a whining letter to, mmm, Iggy Pop! :mad:
You hear me Johnny?! :swear:

wish I could randomly bump into my hereos. I dont think there will be much chance of that happening on ayr high street though

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom