Johnny Marr Interview On The Smiths And Solo Career - The Quietus

Finally, an interviewer that has the guts to ask Johnny why his post-Smiths career has been so disappointing. "A bit of this and a bit of that" :lbf:.
Bravo Mr Parkes!

Thank You!!! Morrissey's music has been horrible since Tobias has come into the picture. He's an ass who was thrown out of the Chili Peppers after one Month of shite playing! Morrissey would be better off with my guitar playing.

Jesse Tobias wouldn't know guitar finesse/delicate touch if it came up to him and smacked him in the head. He's a lousy guitarist.

Not only was he booted out of the R.H.C.P. but he was part of that abortion of a band "Mother Tongue" and the horrid Alanis Morissette.

He is by far the worst thing to happen to Morrissey as a songwriting partner and guitarist.....Ever.

It's shameful that he's in the band of such an iconic/legendary singer.

Thank You!!! Morrissey's music has been horrible since Tobias has come into the picture. He's an ass who was thrown out of the Chili Peppers after one Month of shite playing! Morrissey would be better off with my guitar playing.

Woah now... I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Life is a Pigsty, Dear God Please Help Me, Black Cloud... Let's not go nuts! Has he recaptured Vauxhall and I? Certainly not. But compare him to other artists on the back end of their careers.

Woah now... I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Life is a Pigsty, Dear God Please Help Me, Black Cloud... Let's not go nuts! Has he recaptured Vauxhall and I? Certainly not. But compare him to other artists on the back end of their careers.

Give me a break.

Jesse's terrible.

There's no getting around it.

None of those songs were written by Tobias though, so he can't really be credited with the "peaks" of Moz' post-Quarry career, if that's what they are. After Jesse overload on ROTT, barely any his tracks were used for Refusal; he's got 3 out of 12. Alain -who wasn't even in the band anymore(!) - has got 5, including 1 used for a single, and more if you include B-sides and bonus tracks. I think the Tobias "golden boy" period has been over for a long time in terms of his writing - it's just his playing that is still woeful :lbf:

None of those songs were written by Tobias though, so he can't really be credited with the "peaks" of Moz' post-Quarry career, if that's what they are. After Jesse overload on ROTT, barely any his tracks were used for Refusal; he's got 3 out of 12. Alain -who wasn't even in the band anymore(!) - has got 5, including 1 used for a single, and more if you include B-sides and bonus tracks. I think the Tobias "golden boy" period has been over for a long time in terms of his writing - it's just his playing that is still woeful :lbf:

Agreed... But the poster's claim was that Morrissey has been shit since Tobias joined up. I don't mind or disagree with the rage, just make sure to focus it.

Jesse Tobias wouldn't know guitar finesse/delicate touch if it came up to him and smacked him in the head. He's a lousy guitarist.

Not only was he booted out of the R.H.C.P.(snipped) .

Oh THAT Jesse Tobias! Blimey, he wasn't with the Chili Peppers long.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom