Johnny Marr on cover of tomorrow's NME...

Some people find Morrissey looking and acting his age cringeworthy.

I find Marr's dyed hair and constant posing with bands half his age for magazines cringeworthy.

Hmmm...Johnny hasn't breached his hair and dyed in blond at least.

only because moz can't wear them too :D
nothing wrong with dyed hair. johnny looks good. moz looks old, old, not that it matters anyway.

Yes, nothing wrong with dying hair.

I don't mind if Morrissey dyes his hair, but he prefers not which actually suits him well.

Got it here - headline is "This Jarman Man", a few posed group pictures, Johnny says that in The Smiths he was writing "...Dusty Springfield song through Johnny Thunders And The Heartbreaker's equipment...". Asked how Ryan Jarman compares to Morrissey, Johnny tuts and says "Ryan plays the guitar for a start, I don't see any gladioli in his back pocket yet and he has a mic stand." Also..."one or two people have heard some of the songs we're working on and have said it sounds like The Cribs and The Smiths joined together, and, in a way, one does."

Finally...NME - "If someone offered you a trillion quid to quit The Cribs and reform The Smiths tomorrow, would you take it?"
Johnny..."It depends if they wanted to see it and get in on the guestlist! I think if that situation were to arise it would be a dilemma the band would all be involved with anyway. I would follow advice from Ross and Ryan and Gary."

Peter

Scans here

As mentioned before, the NME is just too big to fit on a standard scanner, so some bits from the edges of the pages have been snipped off - sorry about that. And as usual Flickr slightly resizes the pics, which makes the text barely readable, but I hope you get the gist of it.

Peter

2944371255_cc0d576951_b.jpg

2945236768_9c4f9ce0ef_b.jpg

2944372003_3edc0d31db_b.jpg

2944372487_31c0d8c1cb_b.jpg

Re: Scans here

How cool.

Re: Scans here

As mentioned before, the NME is just too big to fit on a standard scanner, so some bits from the edges of the pages have been snipped off - sorry about that. And as usual Flickr slightly resizes the pics, which makes the text barely readable, but I hope you get the gist of it.
Peter
Thanks, Peter. :guitar:

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom