Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the "old man yells at cloud" meme has become so banal. Taylor Swift's fans have been shitting their pants at Damon Albarn all week, because he was mean to their billionaire blue-eyed saint, who they somehow view as the most persecuted woman in America. "Shut up, old man is the main thrust of their response." Personally, I think Damon should just say, "Shut up, Karen" to Taylor. It's kind of the blanket insult for white middle-aged women that's become as meaningless as the Abe Simpsons meme.

PS Dave Haslam should put up or shut up. He really is the worst kind of parasitical music industry leech.

I'm meant to be going to see a Smiths tribute band this weekend.
Hope they turn up
The guitarist might have some
Problems 😎

Seen The Smyths
A couple of months ago
A very danceable evening 👌
Hope you enjoy 🍻

Fight between Sam and Nile in MMA Freak Fight Show would be something more interesting than a fight between a woman with a beard and a dwarf . We are living in an interesting times now.

This unseemly spat - hyped to ludicrous proportions by the lamestream media - brings another estranged Manc musical duo to mind.

The Gallaghers - blessed with a fraction of the talent of M & M, yet substantially more successful in commercial terms - have turned mutual feuding into an art form during the past 30 years.

I don't think there's much more to it than Marr being unprepared for a response like that, he should have ignored it and let Moz vent, but he probably got angry at the idea of being told to shut up in public by a bloke he has nothing to do with.

It's still all a storm in a teacup when you look at what has been said.

Ultimately, cynically, it's just basic business savvy.

Morrissey's perspective: Johnny has a new album coming out in less than a month - on a major label that wants nothing to do with him anymore, no less - and get your name in the public eye again and trending on social media to set the stage for a year that will supposedly see you release a new album.

Johnny's perspective: Stoke the fire and sell some more copies.

Full disclosure, I've been enjoying JM's venture much more than Morrissey's for several years - but both of them sounded poorly here. The IG JM posted would have been a chef's kiss of a response. But, ultimately, how we feel about it is irrelevant - the business model has been served for both.

Your definition of a rational argument is to call people "thick as pigshit" when you can't understand what other people are saying, so, I'm happy not to waste any more time on you.

Yeah, you can't afford to be wasting time, get back to your Ladybird Book of the Law, now you've found out what libel means, you can move on and find another legal term to explain on a forum for no necessary reason. You're thick as pigshit because you can't follow the simplest argument laid out to you in the most basic terms:

1. Haslam is implying he has the dirt on Morrissey and could destroy his career by revealing what he knows in a few tweets.

2. Does he have evidence to support any allegations he makes? If he doesn't, then he's talking through his arse when he claims he's going to destroy Morrissey's career in a few tweets, because we all know he won't do it - Morrissey would sue his butt.

But hey, wade in again with your dumb ass, 'Things I Learnt Today in My Ladybird Book of Law' argument, and point out that something can be true eve if there's no evidence for it - like that's got anything to f***ing do with with the above points. I understand what you're saying, I understand that what you're saying has no absolutely relevance, and I understand that you're a complete f***ing moron.

This has made the headlines on the UK’s Talksport Radio station. It’s apparently just behind the brewing Ukraine crisis, the PM’s lying, and Prince Andrew’s sex trafficking court case, in terms of its global significance.

Yeah, you can't afford to be wasting time, get back to your Ladybird Book of the Law, now you've found out what libel means, you can move on and find another legal term to explain on a forum for no necessary reason. You're thick as pigshit because you can't follow the simplest argument laid out to you in the most basic terms:

1. Haslam is implying he has the dirt on Morrissey and could destroy his career by revealing what he knows in a few tweets.

2. Does he have evidence to support any allegations he makes? If he doesn't, then he's talking through his arse when he claims he's going to destroy Morrissey's career in a few tweets, because we all know he won't do it - Morrissey would sue his butt.

But hey, wade in again with your dumb ass, 'Things I Learnt Today in My Ladybird Book of Law' argument, and point out that something can be true eve if there's no evidence for it - like that's got anything to f***ing do with with the above points. I understand what you're saying, I understand that what you're saying has no absolutely relevance, and I understand that you're a complete f***ing moron.

PERFECT LEGAL ANALYSIS(y)

:hammer:

Has marr put his name to any Wokist open letters in the guardian etc?

This has made the headlines on the UK’s Talksport Radio station. It’s apparently just behind the brewing Ukraine crisis, the PM’s lying, and Prince Andrew’s sex trafficking court case, in terms of its global significance.

Sounds about right. What's Ukraine, is it a beer?

Johnny Marr's response must've been written by his son Nile.
"Here dad, paste that."
I thought this as well. But as much as Nile is a shit who has, in the past eaten the hands that have provided
Endless wealth ... Nile , I think has had a better education than his father, and is much more a better translator, so no , in my view this was from Johnny’s hand, and a rather poor response when you put it next to Morrissey’s.

Quite shocked at the Marr response - patronising, nasty and vicious. Thought he would have just risen above. Mr SP Morrissey must've hit a raw nerve...

only good thing about kylie was her arse,then again i did like better the devil you know.
Don’t forget about her most annoying song ever Gordy 👇
5C5FD468-6B72-4820-A68E-BB12EF34F997.jpeg

I wonder with all this carry on between them, if maybe we could see a Smiths album be in the lower end of the charts in the next couple of weeks ..
Janice.... 5-10 thousand albums sales would see any band/ singer back in the charts nowadays...
am I right/ wrong ... ??

Ultimately, cynically, it's just basic business savvy.

Morrissey's perspective: Johnny has a new album coming out in less than a month - on a major label that wants nothing to do with him anymore, no less - and get your name in the public eye again and trending on social media to set the stage for a year that will supposedly see you release a new album.

Johnny's perspective: Stoke the fire and sell some more copies.

Full disclosure, I've been enjoying JM's venture much more than Morrissey's for several years - but both of them sounded poorly here. The IG JM posted would have been a chef's kiss of a response. But, ultimately, how we feel about it is irrelevant - the business model has been served for both.

Wouldn't it be funny if it were all pre-arranged by the both of them?

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom