Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours

Link via @ordinaryboy86:

Johnny Marr scotches Smiths reunion rumours: 'Nigel Farage on guitar'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...smiths-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage-on-guitar

Johnny Marr responds to Smiths reunion rumours with swipe at Morrissey's political stance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...n-morrissey-nigel-farage-guitar-a9189001.html

"Nigel Farage on guitar": Johnny Marr responds to The Smiths reunion rumours

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-smiths/johnny-marr-responds-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage/

Johnny Marr has quashed rumours The Smiths are set to reunite

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...quashed-rumours-The-Smiths-are-set-to-reunite

Johnny Marr commnets on rumours of The Smiths reunion with right-wing Morrissey jibe

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-smiths-reunion-morrissey-johnny-marr/

Johnny Marr Shoots Down Rumors of a Smiths Reunion with Morrissey

http://floodmagazine.com/71141/johnny-marr-shoots-down-rumors-of-a-smiths-reunion-with-morrissey/

Johnny Marr breaks silence on Smiths reunion rumours with Nigel Farage jibe

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/johnny-marr-breaks-silence-smiths-17216239.amp

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Morrissey pull a Spector and kill someone?
Even his supposed ‘support’

of For Britain, has it truly swayed thousands to join it? Has his words really hurt anyone to the extent that he should be hounded ?

Media’s hunger for clickbait has turned a pop stars off the cuff political views into a spotlighted platform for For Britain. It’s ‘journalism’ like The Guardian that truly is supporting For Britain.

Anyway, the sickos on here that are twisting what Morrissey has said so they can be openly racist are the same as the people that are twisting what Morrissey has said to try and prove that he’s ‘racist’.

Two sides of the same pathetic coin that will either lionize or vilify someone or something in order to strengthen their self righteous beliefs and stroke their little egos, anything to give them a feeling of ’importance’ and self worth during their short time on this planet.

:hammer:

Yes, what he has done is really wrong. Please explain why you think people like Cro Vegan are so comfortable throwing out insults like mus- this or Islam that in a really derogatory way. That would never have been acceptable without the nod from Morrissey that it is ok to say whatever you want in the spirit of “opinion”. Have you noticed most of the time nobody even ever checks them here when they spew that shit? It’s like a new horrific norm. How did we get here?
I don’t want to make this personal, but please consider asking yourself why you don’t see Morrissey’s words as that bad? I feel it might be safe to assume you are likely white. You probably haven’t had people throw racist insults at you like many of us have had to endure. As a teenager in the ‘80s Morrissey was a voice that gave me hope. But through this solo career, he alienated me more and more. I gave him a pass for too long.
The point of my rambling here is that like a lot of white people, he does not acknowledge his own privilege, so he doesn’t see the big deal in tossing words like ‘sub-species’ for example (and context doesn’t matter when you go that low).
Like I said, it’s just sad all around. He’s managed to turn a place to discuss music into an uncomfortable negative space too often focused on race.
(Thewlis, PP, Cro.... bring on the Skinny comments and troll ratings... come on, show us who you are)

Yes, what he has done is really wrong. Please explain why you think people like Cro Vegan are so comfortable throwing out insults like mus- this or Islam that in a really derogatory way. That would never have been acceptable without the nod from Morrissey that it is ok to say whatever you want in the spirit of “opinion”. Have you noticed most of the time nobody even ever checks them here when they spew that shit? It’s like a new horrific norm. How did we get here?
I don’t want to make this personal, but please consider asking yourself why you don’t see Morrissey’s words as that bad? I feel it might be safe to assume you are likely white. You probably haven’t had people throw racist insults at you like many of us have had to endure. As a teenager in the ‘80s Morrissey was a voice that gave me hope. But through this solo career, he alienated me more and more. I gave him a pass for too long.
The point of my rambling here is that like a lot of white people, he does not acknowledge his own privilege, so he doesn’t see the big deal in tossing words like ‘sub-species’ for example (and context doesn’t matter when you go that low).
Like I said, it’s just sad all around. He’s managed to turn a place to discuss music into an uncomfortable negative space too often focused on race.
(Thewlis, PP, Cro.... bring on the Skinny comments and troll ratings... come on, show us who you are)

Jeez! Bloody sanity. Where have you been hiding? Get your flack-jacket on 'cause the haters will hate your comment.

He actually stood up and defended Moz: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...y-allegations-sam-delaneys-news-thing.142246/
If only Johnny had as much spine.

Thanks, 1st time I've seen that one, yep I think MJ defended well, but see again how this (shitty) interviewer tried to slip in some nasties &, yet again, conveniently avoided providing any context, especially to the infamous 'sub-species' statement. Mike's response was superb, and although awkward, his recovery wasn't too bad either. :)
Make up of the 'panel' & camera shot for their 'reaction' was an interesting side observation too. Basically, load of shite interview, but MJ did very well, & prob made a few notes out of it.

Just to add, & just for the record:

Mike Joyce defended Moz's sub-species statement;

it was used out of context, it was not in connection with the whole Chinese population, it was in connection with animal cruelty

There is (perhaps surprisingly) little anti-Morrissey mileage to be had from Mike Joyce. The Guardian editorial team will be devastated.

I agree, but regardless, they'll just pull out archive stuff...again...rinse & repeat

theres more chance of Donald and ivana trump getting back together, marr hasn't written a decent song in over 30 years and lives off his short time with Morrissey who inspired him to write the tunes

theres more chance of Donald and ivana trump getting back together, marr hasn't written a decent song in over 30 years and lives off his short time with Morrissey who inspired him to write the tunes

Oh, f*** off! Marr wrote the music Morrissey provided the lyric. "Inspired". You are deluded

Thanks, 1st time I've seen that one, yep I think MJ defended well, but see again how this (shitty) interviewer tried to slip in some nasties &, yet again, conveniently avoided providing any context, especially to the infamous 'sub-species' statement. Mike's response was superb, and although awkward, his recovery wasn't too bad either. :)
Make up of the 'panel' & camera shot for their 'reaction' was an interesting side observation too. Basically, load of shite interview, but MJ did very well, & prob made a few notes out of it.

it was used out of context, it was not in connection with the whole Chinese population, it was in connection with animal cruelty

Funny how Mike Joyce can be perceived as a saviour when the need arises but a talentless bastard when not. And, of course, if Mike says it then it must be true.

His opinions & allegiances have attracted some awful elements or very misguided defenders & that's a huge part to do with it all now being online forever in a way that could never happen when he started out.

His words, combined with the backtracking & his general negative attitude to everything, do make me hopeful that his intention wasn't as bad as it turned out.

I have had awful things said to me, but it's mainly been sexism, a bit of sectarianism & the occasional dislike of Scots. Morrissey, to be fair to him, was part of a working-class Irish community at the height of the troubles & won't have been a stranger to anti-Irish insults & stereotypes. Also - no matter what his sexuality is - I've seen a lot of homophobia directed towards him.

I suppose in the end I think it's worth a punt trying to rescue him, while a lot of people (not unreasonably) have given him up for dead.

Skinny dont get your panties all bunched up. What Vegan says is true, Islam sucks.
If you all take over the first one thrown off the moat would be Mozz and we WONT have that.
Now please stop with the dole funded "PR" inspired rants.

You can keep saying it, but I don't know who Skinny is & I can do social media in my sleep. You will get rid of me though, I was only here to work some things out.

Social media=fake troll usernames manufacturing. Yes, now that we exposed you, you will make a new fake alias, you already have crumb one operating.
Skinny as long as your fake alias have the Islam chip in them they will be exposed by my truth test.

Social media=fake troll usernames manufacturing. Yes, now that we exposed you, you will make a new fake alias, you already have crumb one operating.
Skinny as long as your fake alias have the Islam chip in them they will be exposed by my truth test.

You never engage properly with anyone, you make up allegations without any foundation, you think everyone is a sock puppet who argues with themselves, you think mindless bigotry towards a world faith is normal & you don't appear to understand the working world. I think you're probably exposing yourself.

Anyway, I will save everyone's eyesight & not reply till you've said something sensible.

I disagree with you on a lot of stuff you comment upon but you do make some valid, concise fan-based points. PLUS you treat people respectfully. I think you should stay and the naysayers should go.

Aww, thanks.

Is Marr that big of a difference?
Morrissey should have a Smiths setlist tour.
Wouldn’t that work amazing for him?

How foolish of Mike, that statement about the Chinese is NOT DEFENSIBLE in ANY CONTEXT.

I agree, but regardless, they'll just pull out archive stuff...again...rinse & repeat

That's exactly what will happen. Your average hack is practically working in a sweatshop. They cut & paste & steal everything. You used to send a press release to give them ideas & now they just publish most of it. Hardly any follow up, except do you have another picture.

He will have to put some effort in if he wants away from 'Big Mouth Strikes Again', 'Can We Separate The Evil Racist Artist From Their Work', articles.

Is Marr that big of a difference?
Morrissey should have a Smiths setlist tour.
Wouldn’t that work amazing for him?

Yes, it is a huge difference. Morrissey's versions of the Smiths songs are not very well-executed, unlike Johnny's versions with his band which are exquisite. That's why Moz only plays 2 Smiths songs per show, they pale in comparison with Johnny's versions. He knows that. That's why he'd rather play "The Bullfighter Dies" instead of "There Is a Light".

<snip>
I feel it might be safe to assume you are likely white.

Verbal diarrhea again from you.
Don't start playing that 'race' card, son.
You're just a fkn whinger, so, polite request, so as not to make you uncomfortable:

JUST f*** OFF, please.

How foolish of Mike, that statement about the Chinese is NOT DEFENSIBLE in ANY CONTEXT.

FFS, are you deaf, blind, illiterate, or impaired in some other way? Seriously.

So is MJ guilty now, thru association?
Get on his twitter & slate him then.

Crumbs f*** off, I've asked yu politely already on another thread.

You're trying to hang Moz for smthg said 10 yrs ago, which was taken out of context. But to you, even with context it still doesn't suit you, & MJ's defence doesn't either?

Go & discuss it with an adult, then come back with something sensible to say.

Then f*** off back to the circus & get your clown shoes on. Thick c***.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom