Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours

Link via @ordinaryboy86:

Johnny Marr scotches Smiths reunion rumours: 'Nigel Farage on guitar'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...smiths-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage-on-guitar

Johnny Marr responds to Smiths reunion rumours with swipe at Morrissey's political stance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...n-morrissey-nigel-farage-guitar-a9189001.html

"Nigel Farage on guitar": Johnny Marr responds to The Smiths reunion rumours

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-smiths/johnny-marr-responds-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage/

Johnny Marr has quashed rumours The Smiths are set to reunite

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...quashed-rumours-The-Smiths-are-set-to-reunite

Johnny Marr commnets on rumours of The Smiths reunion with right-wing Morrissey jibe

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-smiths-reunion-morrissey-johnny-marr/

Johnny Marr Shoots Down Rumors of a Smiths Reunion with Morrissey

http://floodmagazine.com/71141/johnny-marr-shoots-down-rumors-of-a-smiths-reunion-with-morrissey/

Johnny Marr breaks silence on Smiths reunion rumours with Nigel Farage jibe

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/johnny-marr-breaks-silence-smiths-17216239.amp

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I know, MJ does a lot of low level stuff, 'evenings with', etc., not really 'press', but when I saw the link to the G'd'n, I thought, there's only really one reason for the 'chat'...a smattering token of MJ (how you doing? right, ok, cheers), maybe an ask about poss. reunion (waddaya know? is it/isn't it, oh, so it's not then?, cheers), & the rest re; Moz (here's a few quid Mike, can you tell me about such & such, what about this 'n' that? really? that's quite interesting, cheers) ...then cue: fresh regurgitations of the normal stuff....'ist' this, 'ism' that, etcetera, etcetera.
Am sure something of an unsavoury nature will appear next week.
Hopefully he will keep his cool and not give them anything to quote out of context.
He hasn't really said anything bad about Morrissey in interviews.

FFS, are you deaf, blind, illiterate, or impaired in some other way? Seriously.

So is MJ guilty now, thru association?
Get on his twitter & slate him then.

Crumbs f*** off, I've asked yu politely already on another thread.

You're trying to hang Moz for smthg said 10 yrs ago, which was taken out of context. But to you, even with context it still doesn't suit you, & MJ's defence doesn't either?

Go & discuss it with an adult, then come back with something sensible to say.

Then f*** off back to the circus & get your clown shoes on. Thick c***.

What an eloquent response! I'm sure Morrissey would be very proud of your intellectual defense!

Yes, what he has done is really wrong. Please explain why you think people like Cro Vegan are so comfortable throwing out insults like mus- this or Islam that in a really derogatory way. That would never have been acceptable without the nod from Morrissey that it is ok to say whatever you want in the spirit of “opinion”. Have you noticed most of the time nobody even ever checks them here when they spew that shit? It’s like a new horrific norm. How did we get here?
I don’t want to make this personal, but please consider asking yourself why you don’t see Morrissey’s words as that bad? I feel it might be safe to assume you are likely white. You probably haven’t had people throw racist insults at you like many of us have had to endure. As a teenager in the ‘80s Morrissey was a voice that gave me hope. But through this solo career, he alienated me more and more. I gave him a pass for too long.
The point of my rambling here is that like a lot of white people, he does not acknowledge his own privilege, so he doesn’t see the big deal in tossing words like ‘sub-species’ for example (and context doesn’t matter when you go that low).
Like I said, it’s just sad all around. He’s managed to turn a place to discuss music into an uncomfortable negative space too often focused on race.
(Thewlis, PP, Cro.... bring on the Skinny comments and troll ratings... come on, show us who you are)

So, Crumbs, you're ok with the Chinese animal cruelty bit then?
In my eyes, that makes you a "sub-species", and I won't give any context, as I don't think it's really needed, and doesn't mean anything to you anyway. What a complete wipe you are.

What an eloquent response! I'm sure Morrissey would be very proud of your intellectual defense!

This site is mad these days! Before the For Britain debacle - the only time I was on here was to do some research for a Moz related project & it was all posts about how cute he was when he was young, details of where he lived, how he grew up etc, fights about his sexuality & threads about what his songs meant.

This site is mad these days! Before the For Britain debacle - the only time I was on here was to do some research for a Moz related project & it was all posts about how cute he was when he was young, details of where he lived, how he grew up etc, fights about his sexuality & threads about what his songs meant.

I hear you. The level of discourse is very disheartening. These are not the type of people who would have been Smiths or Morrissey fans back in the day. They are the people we tried to shield ourselves from, lose ourselves in their music to escape.

Agreed, this site has gone bonkers toxic...regardless of what the subject is, it always descends to the depths. No moderation as far as I can see...just someone counting traffic.

Yes, it is a huge difference. Morrissey's versions of the Smiths songs are not very well-executed, unlike Johnny's versions with his band which are exquisite. That's why Moz only plays 2 Smiths songs per show, they pale in comparison with Johnny's versions. He knows that. That's why he'd rather play "The Bullfighter Dies" instead of "There Is a Light".

o_O

the small twat,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant even get the FING INTRODUCTIONS right FFS:swear
the INTRODUCTIONS:swear the easy part in the beginning of the song.doh:

the whole of Glasto was shaking their collective heard when he f ed up with the Killers.:swear

when he plays with his band its not noticeable since he has poor musicians who can hardly play as well and
they too F up the songs you with the din its to tell even what song it is. Just a non stop disaster, the Dramatic one.

That's exactly what will happen. Your average hack is practically working in a sweatshop. They cut & paste & steal everything. You used to send a press release to give them ideas & now they just publish most of it. Hardly any follow up, except do you have another picture.

He will have to put some effort in if he wants away from 'Big Mouth Strikes Again', 'Can We Separate The Evil Racist Artist From Their Work', articles.

& don't forget 'heaven knows he's miserable now' another super cliche...I despair.

Yes, what he has done is really wrong. Please explain why you think people like Cro Vegan are so comfortable throwing out insults like mus- this or Islam that in a really derogatory way. That would never have been acceptable without the nod from Morrissey that it is ok to say whatever you want in the spirit of “opinion”. Have you noticed most of the time nobody even ever checks them here when they spew that shit? It’s like a new horrific norm. How did we get here?
I don’t want to make this personal, but please consider asking yourself why you don’t see Morrissey’s words as that bad? I feel it might be safe to assume you are likely white. You probably haven’t had people throw racist insults at you like many of us have had to endure. As a teenager in the ‘80s Morrissey was a voice that gave me hope. But through this solo career, he alienated me more and more. I gave him a pass for too long.
The point of my rambling here is that like a lot of white people, he does not acknowledge his own privilege, so he doesn’t see the big deal in tossing words like ‘sub-species’ for example (and context doesn’t matter when you go that low).
Like I said, it’s just sad all around. He’s managed to turn a place to discuss music into an uncomfortable negative space too often focused on race.
(Thewlis, PP, Cro.... bring on the Skinny comments and troll ratings... come on, show us who you are)

JFC you Pseuds hate Christianity.o_O
I hate Islam because like the man said it 1oo percent sucks.:lbf:

but since DramaJ is into it then you all have bark after it.o_O

I hear you. The level of discourse is very disheartening. These are not the type of people who would have been Smiths or Morrissey fans back in the day. They are the people we tried to shield ourselves from, lose ourselves in their music to escape.

It's horrendous. And the new people don't even like him, because why would they be interested in an unhappy, 'humasexual', vegan???? I can only assume that he is lost in online propaganda & doesn't know he's lost in it.

The other day I saw that Anne Marie Waters was talking to David Vance (Ulster Unionist, massively homophobic) who was RT'ing some some mad Irish Nationalist who thinks the Catholic Church is The One True Faith. Hell is freezing over & pigs are flying!

It's horrendous. And the new people don't even like him, because why would they be interested in an unhappy, 'humasexual', vegan???? I can only assume that he is lost in online propaganda & doesn't know he's lost in it.

The other day I saw that Anne Marie Waters was talking to David Vance (Ulster Unionist, massively homophobic) who was RT'ing some some mad Irish Nationalist who thinks the Catholic Church is The One True Faith. Hell is freezing over & pigs are flying!

Skinny in the flurry of troll posts you forgot that 5 minutes ago you posted that you were a devout Catholic.
Have you switched to Muslim in the last 5 min?

Verbal diarrhea again from you.
Don't start playing that 'race' card, son.
You're just a fkn whinger, so, polite request, so as not to make you uncomfortable:

JUST f*** OFF, please.

What, this doesn't get a troll rating from Trill? I'm affronted.

Skinny in the flurry of troll posts you forgot that 5 minutes ago you posted that you were a devout Catholic.
Have you switched to Muslim in the last 5 min?

I am a Catholic - I'm just not a mad one who posts insanely racist stuff about the One True Faith being under attack from Islam.

Gemma O'Doherty (had to check) is her name - & I do find it massively strange that an Ulster Unionist would be RTing anything that calls the Catholic Church the One True Faith.

He's an Ulster Unionist!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Catholic - I'm just not a mad one who posts insanely racist stuff about the One True Faith being under attack from Islam.

Not so fast, Skinny. Sorry but not so fast Troll Puppetmaster. You were blasting some Irish person because he thought Catholic was the One True Faith.
Now you quickly went back to being a devout One True Faither. Caught you there, Troll Ayatollah.

Not so fast, Skinny. Sorry but not so fast Troll Puppetmaster. You were blasting some Irish person because he thought Catholic was the One True Faith.
Now you quickly went back to being a devout One True Faither. Caught you there, Troll Ayatollah.

No, I was saying I couldn't believe an Ulster Unionist was RTing a bonkers Catholic Irish Nationalist while a lesbian was talking to a homophobe.

Gemma O'Doherty (had to check) is her name - & I do find it massively strange that an Ulster Unionist would be RTing anything that calls the Catholic Church the One True Faith.

He's an Ulster Unionist!!

Skinny you changed your post when you realized you had shown your trolling hand.
If you were in reality a devout Catholic, Skinny, you would be elated that anyone one would call the Catholic the One True Faith. You supposedly being a member and believer of the same One True Faith. However, we all know this is pony and Islam is your One True Faith. You got caught Skinny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom