Johnny Marr vs David Cameron

Don't be silly, of course we know who Cameron is.

cameronincar.jpg

"One day Uncle Sam will let me drive his car..." :cool:

Huh, you think your fellow country men and women don't know Cameron?

Really patronising indeed.

I know who he is but I confess I don't know much about him.
I'm too busy keeping up with all the fun stuff Sarah Palin says over here. Way too entertaining.

Can you tell us some of the things Mr. Cameron has done or said?

Nobody in authority should possibly like The Smiths....You are everything The Smiths and us Smiths fans despise, Mr Cameron. Now clear off!

Pff, rubbish. As if it's remotely any of Smiths' fans business to decide who gets to like the Smiths or not. Or Johnny Marr's, for that matter. Sit down and shut up Johnny.

Cameron is using his musical preference to become pop. Of course Marr realized it and he's angry 'bout it.

Then I'll treat myself to some minutes of peace and return quite soon, guys.

Is Johnny Marr on the FIFA executive committee?

The other thing is I didn't' even know he was on twitter and have just starte following him. I wonder how many new follwers he's gained today!

Johnny Marr just tweeted this message on his official Twitter page:

"David Cameron, stop saying that you like The Smiths, no you don't. I forbid you to like it."

http://twitter.com/#!/Johnny_Marr

Oh dear God, storm in a teacup or what? Morrissey called for the death of a Prime Minister and didn't get so much stick :rolleyes:

Pff, rubbish. As if it's remotely any of Smiths' fans business to decide who gets to like the Smiths or not. Or Johnny Marr's, for that matter. Sit down and shut up Johnny.

Of cause all mps and that lot can like The Smiths...but they're not considered a fan as they are everything The Smiths are against! It's like if churchill had joined the nazi's...it would never happen!

I hope Johnny continues to stick up for The Smiths, I'm glad he's actually doing it and talking about The Smiths more in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Johnny!

Go, go, go!

never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell :guitar:

Dave

4 articles in the Guardian so far on this today hailing Marr as a hero of the left (hmm, not so sure about that when you look at The Smiths royalty split).

I somehow doubt there'd be the same response if Morrissey had said it!

(hmm, not so sure about that when you look at The Smiths royalty split).

:rolleyes:

I thought about this double standard the other day, skimming an article about Kanye West in the New Yorker. Sasha-Frere Jones allowed that Kanye's rants were often incoherent and embarrassing, but somehow it was better to have a f***-up like Kanye in the pop fishbowl than not. It seems that if we didn't have a misguided malcontent shooting off his mouth in public there would be no interesting commentary at all. In short, can't live with Kanye, can't live without him. Which I thought is exactly the point one might make about Morrissey, except Morrissey is no longer fashionable, no longer a critical darling and Kanye, apparently, still is. If they like you, you can get away with murder. If you're box office poison...

4 articles in the Guardian so far on this today hailing Marr as a hero of the left (hmm, not so sure about that when you look at The Smiths royalty split).

Really?

J. Marr is getting the Morrissey treatment: one little tweet and everyone is up in arms.

Had Morrissey said it, it would have been construed as a petulant, arrogant, egomaniacal slam. Since J. Marr said it, it's a principled defense of his work.

It's interesting (and kinda sad) when you think about it...

Really?

J. Marr is getting the Morrissey treatment: one little tweet and everyone is up in arms.

Had Morrissey said it, it would have been construed as a petulant, arrogant, egomaniacal slam. Since J. Marr said it, it's a principled defense of his work.

It's interesting (and kinda sad) when you think about it...

Last year's Alexandra Palace gig Morrissey said 'David Cameron, stop killing stags', but it didn't make a headline. :(

Last year's Alexandra Palace gig Morrissey said 'David Cameron, stop killing stags', but it didn't make a headline. :(

Perhaps Morrissey should finally get his own twitter account - he could set the blogosphere alight with his bilious bon mots.

Tags
ismelltrouble
Back
Top Bottom