Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Electronic?

C’mon Surface. You really think Johnny is going to be remembered for the one maybe two good songs he wrote as Electronic?

He will always be remembered for the songs he wrote with Morrissey, not for what he did after.

C’mon Surface. You really think Johnny is going to be remembered for the one maybe two good songs he wrote as Electronic?

He will always be remembered for the songs he wrote with Morrissey, not for what he did after.
And it's not like Bernie will be remembered for his work with Electronic either...

I had to YouTube them so I'm going to be mean & say probably not.

Their first album got to number 2 in the charts and went gold from a sales perspective, so pretty sure a lot of people also associate Johnny with Electronic as well as with the Smiths.

Depends on where you live I suppose, you sometimes see Johnny and Bernard together around here and I'm pretty sure there will be another Electronic release at some point in the future.

The son of Marr on his own page makes a statement regarding what his views are of Morrissey, The same people on here slate the very thought of cancel culture when it involves record shops not stocking Morrissey's work or train companies taking down Morrissey posters etc but have no issue with trying to state Nile Marr should be silenced for his opinion.

Absurd.

No one is trying to "silence" Nile Marr. People are just willing to call out his opinion for what it is: delusional self-righteous careerism. It's one thing to thoughtfully challenge someone over their alleged political sensibilities, but to just reinforce trendy libelous statements against another person (whose relationship with his dad being the main reason anyone knows who the f*** he is) to gain buzz and woke points is bullshit. If Nile wants to make an actual name for himself, make better music.

He uses his Dad in hashtags & pictures. His Dad's fame rests on The Smiths. He said his favourite Smiths song is 'Morrissey is racist', which attaches the stigma of racism directly on to the band.

His lookout though.
He's an idiot who thinks he's clever, dangerous combination.

Their first album got to number 2 in the charts and went gold from a sales perspective, so pretty sure a lot of people also associate Johnny with Electronic as well as with the Smiths.

Legacy is kind of a different thing though - it's not about sales in their day, it's about how iconic they are.

Legacy is kind of a different thing though - it's not about sales in their day, it's about how iconic they are.

Depends on how you look at things I suppose, Johnny and Bernard are really good friends and often appear on stage together nowadays to play an Electronic song.

For every good track they had, they had a terrible dance track to weaken their discography. I liked the good stuff they done but the dancey stuff meant you were skipping half their albums which obviously ain't great. I do believe they're a bit of a forgotten band that nobody really misses.

I know you have to stay humourless or you couldn't relentlessly troll, but there are limits.

Nile has directly associated racism with The Smiths brand. The only brand his Dad is famous for. Tainted brand, tainted legacy.

“Relentless troll” wtf are you on about? You are not the only person who is entitled to speak and calling someone a troll everytime you don’t like something somebody says is pathetic.

You said he had “actually criticised The Smiths”. But you can not produce any evidence for that.

You can tenuously link his dislike of Morrissey and his belief that Morrissey is a racist to this thing you are calling “The Smiths Brand” but doesn’t stand up.

I very much doubt his dad would ever agree with you either.

The only person I suspect in his and his father’s mind who has “tainted The Smiths Brand” is Morrissey.

A very insensitive and ill timed slur at Moz, who I am sure is occupied grieving for his dear Mother, R.I.P. Poor taste by Nile. Regardless of his views he should pay Moz some respect. It was himself and his Father who formed one of the most magical musical partnerships we have ever seen!

A genuine question, why is he accusing Morrissey of been a racist? Can someone enlighten me?

Have you been away on another planet? He believes Morrissey is a racist. Now whether you believe that or not why would he therefore show respect to someone he considers to be a racist?

I think you may find a whole load of people who may disagree with your view of Electronic.

No one is trying to "silence" Nile Marr. People are just willing to call out his opinion for what it is: delusional self-righteous careerism. It's one thing to thoughtfully challenge someone over their alleged political sensibilities, but to just reinforce trendy libelous statements against another person (whose relationship with his dad being the main reason anyone knows who the f*** he is) to gain buzz and woke points is bullshit. If Nile wants to make an actual name for himself, make better music.

Rubbish

He can say what the f**k he wants and if he believes Morrissey is a racist he is entitled to say so and it was on Instagram so hardly a forum for discussion.

“Relentless troll” wtf are you on about? You are not the only person who is entitled to speak and calling someone a troll everytime you don’t like something somebody says is pathetic.

You said he had “actually criticised The Smiths”. But you can not produce any evidence for that.

You can tenuously link his dislike of Morrissey and his belief that Morrissey is a racist to this thing you are calling “The Smiths Brand” but doesn’t stand up.

I very much doubt his dad would ever agree with you either.

The only person I suspect in his and his father’s mind who has “tainted The Smiths Brand” is Morrissey.

Ok, I'll be kind, maybe you naturally miss the point.

If Nile thinks the Smiths brand has been tainted by Morrissey then it's not a great idea to use the association to sell his own music.

🤒

100 years from now when musos make a list of the sockoist groups in history, electronic and new order will be vying for the top spot:blushing:

electronic wouldnt pay for 👉:baby:👈 fake fluttering eye lids FFS:rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom