Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have been doomed if you hadn't slagged off the thing you were using to get sales?

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

So you are going to say everything he does is about who his dad is?

He will never have the freedom to express himself in the way he wants?

He should be silent and not say anything detrimental about the Smiths or Morrissey because his dad was in The Smiths?

You do realise this is borderline control freak?

Who cares who his dad is? You think he is the first person to try to build a career on the back of parental fame? Does that mean he should always never speak his mind?

We are born into our parent's heritage and that is not our fault and it also doesn't mean he should defend that heritage regardless of whether you believe his attempted career is privileged because of who his dad is. If I was his dad I would stand by him having his own mind even if I didn't agree with it.

He isn't the first son or daughter to take a lift up from their parent's success. Get over it.

You would have been doomed if you hadn't slagged off the thing you were using to get sales?

you take what you can from your parents to give you the advantage whether that be education, influence in business, a new car, money to get through uni etc etc or whatever but does that mean you should always worship at the alter of mummy and daddy. Of course not

My parents' money came via the Tory party connections and I had a privileged upbringing because of it and I used the opportunities I could find to get my career off the ground but I'll be f***ked if I am going to never slag off The Tories for the rest of my life because of it.

We take what we can and then we build our own adult life. Everyone does it

You have said that he is tainting his dad's legacy.

Can you post something he has said that shows he is doing that? Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't but I'd like to see the evidence rather than just your words. He obviously doesn't like Morrissey which is very interesting as JM's son. But if you have something that shows he has targeted his dislike of his dad and The Smiths that isnt specifically aimed at Moz it would be interesting to see please?

curious

if he had posted something praising Morrissey and The Smiths on the same page as saying he had an album out would you have said he was using his heritage to get sales?

Or only if he says something about how he feels about Morrissey that you don't agree with?

I think I said it best in my first reply: You're delusional. If you can't see the beauty and magic of what Marr created on his own with his guitar work, then you're deaf, dumb, and blind. Remove Morrissey's vocals from The Smiths catalogue, and you're still left with some of the most memorable melodies and music of that era.
The draize train and Occilate, yep brilliant.

Do people like Nial Marr, who are born to rich and famous parents, not feel inadequate and pathetic spending their life copying said parents? One would think they'd have all the more reasons to break out of their parents' shadow, but strangely it often seems to work the opposite way.
Not only does he opens for his father and imitate his father's singing and playing style, but he also dresses like him, wears his hair like him, poses like him, and even copies his father's facial expressions when he sings. It's pitiful, the man is almost 30 years old ffs.
And before anyone butts in with their whataboutism, yes, Sam is on the same level of cringe, but at least Morrissey doesn't trot him out on stage.

Pretty sure you look a bit like your dad, probably have similar hair, and your face makes the same general expressions as your dad does. You're probably more than 30 too. Get a life.

I think I said it best in my first reply: You're delusional. If you can't see the beauty and magic of what Marr created on his own with his guitar work, then you're deaf, dumb, and blind. Remove Morrissey's vocals from The Smiths catalogue, and you're still left with some of the most memorable melodies and music of that era.

Shoplifters instrumental demo
Not much fun without Morrissey

You have said that he is tainting his dad's legacy.

Can you post something he has said that shows he is doing that? Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't but I'd like to see the evidence rather than just your words. He obviously doesn't like Morrissey which is very interesting as JM's son. But if you have something that shows he has targeted his dislike of his dad and The Smiths that isnt specifically aimed at Moz it would be interesting to see please?

He uses his Dad in hashtags & pictures. His Dad's fame rests on The Smiths. He said his favourite Smiths song is 'Morrissey is racist', which attaches the stigma of racism directly on to the band.

His lookout though.

Shoplifters instrumental demo
Not much fun without Morrissey

I'm sure the record company will give the public what it's crying out for - all of The Smiths records with the lyrics, vocal melodies & singer removed.

If it wasn’t for Morrissey/Smiths, Nile most likely wouldn’t even have been born. Unless he was an accident, some parents make sure they’re financially secure before they decide on bringing a child into this world, and I’m sure Smiths royalty checks and other job opportunities because of the Smiths name/work gave both Johnny and Angie this security.

So Nile, no need to be so ungrateful.

If it wasn’t for Morrissey/Smiths, Nile most likely wouldn’t even have been born. Unless he was an accident, some parents make sure they’re financially secure before they decide on bringing a child into this world, and I’m sure Smiths royalty checks and other job opportunities because of the Smiths name/work gave both Johnny and Angie this security.

So Nile, no need to be so ungrateful.
As much as I like you, KS, that's one of the dimmest arguments I've read on here in a while. My parents met whilst they were doing Civil Defence in the 1960s. Does that mean I've got to be grateful to Hitler and Stalin?

As much as I like you, KS, that's one of the dimmest arguments I've read on here in a while. My parents met whilst they were doing Civil Defence in the 1960s. Does that mean I've got to be grateful to Hitler and Stalin?

If they profited from the war which made them feel financially secure enough to bring you into this world, then in a way yes.

btw I wasn’t arguing, and I don’t think it’s that strange of a consideration to pose.

If they profited from the war which made them feel financially secure enough to bring you into this world, then in a way yes.

I wasn’t arguing, and I don’t think it’s that strange of a consideration to pose.
No, you miss my point. No-one is under any moral obligation to feel gratitude to someone else whose actions may or may not have led ultimately to their birth, not least because I'm sure that the notion of Marr's future offspring was the furthest thing from Morrissey's mind during The Smiths.

No, you miss my point. No-one is under any moral obligation to feel gratitude to someone else whose actions may or may not have led ultimately to their birth, not least because I'm sure that the notion of Marr's future offspring was the furthest thing from Morrissey's mind during The Smiths.

If one is happy to be alive, then they might want to look at the circumstances in which that was made possible and be grateful.

Such as... thank god my parents loved each other enough and had the intelligence also to consider what their financial situation is and would be before they decided to bring me into this world.

"Listen son"
" :eek::whip:"

... Are my eyes deceiving me or is Jesse Tobias actually directly patronizing Johnny Marr's son, now?

:rofl: . Sorry.

Jesse really takes himself very seriously, doesn't he.
It's one thing to lightly gossip about this on a forum but if you're a troubled soul like Jesse you actually gonna think it is your moral duty to educate a 28 year old...

Dude, newsflash, you ain't his daddy!
Go adopt a kid with Morrissey, if you need to be one so badly!
(Although, knowing him, chances are he'll only let you be the mummy...)

(BTW: Yes, the Marrs' haircuts may sometimes be atrocious, but last I looked at Jesse T, he looked like he'd had a close encounter with parts of a lawnmower. )

Blimey, working for Morrissey really does things to your head...

Thank God Jesse is going to have a lot of time to rest, now...

PS. Jesse, face it, you're such a self-righteous vengeful lackey nobody will ever listen to your tunes again.
And report that to your boss, he's in complete deNile.

He uses his Dad in hashtags & pictures. His Dad's fame rests on The Smiths. He said his favourite Smiths song is 'Morrissey is racist', which attaches the stigma of racism directly on to the band.

His lookout though.

so what? If someone feels someone is racist event if you don't believe it do you think they should be silent? He is obviously convinced Morrissey is racist so let it be. You have argued on here for hours with someone you call a racist. Let him also make his point regardless of who his father is.

His lookout though.

is that really the sum total of your evidence? You stated publicly that Nile Marr has criticised The Smiths and his dad.

I dont see what you have just said as being anything of the sort.

Do you have anything else to back you your slander?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom