Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny achieved one (1) co-songwriting credit during all his time with The The, so I think it's safe to say he'd be "that good guitarist who played with Matt Johnson" rather than Johnny f***in' Marr.

Ha ha. No. Johnny joined The The in 1988 after Matt had written almost all of "Mind Bomb", and again, by 1992 when they were recording "Dusk", Johnny was spending all his time in Electronic during the writing period.

Seriously though, what has he achieved that would make someone think they need to make a film about him? With Joy Division, Control was all about Ian's epilepsy and problems with depression etc, for New Order it was all about Factory Records/ The Hacienda and the madness surrounding that era. What would it be for Morrissey?

'Roy's Keen'.

So Morrissey loses his Mother and Johnny Marr's no-talent and no-class son Nile Marr posts this? Obviously, the apple doesn't fall far from the virtue-signalling tree. Blame Johnny for this, as well as for not leaning on his son to take it down. After reading Johnny's autobiography and many interviews, in my humble opinion, he is a professionally "friendly" careerist with no depth or intellect. He also does not seem to - and probably never did - like Morrissey on a human level. He should be a man and be honest about this, but Johnny can't, because 30 years into his disappointing post-Smiths career, all anyone still wants to know is what The Smiths were like and also if Morrissey might possibly grant him another pub meeting and maybe this time agree to a reunion tour.

Do you genuinely think that Marr is hankering for a Smiths reunion? I wouldn't go see Morrissey/Marr if they played anywhere more than ten minutes walk from my house. The past is gone.

Positive.
Being a tormented artist isn't a bad thing.
No, but being a far-right campaigning liar who claims to prefer his own race certainly is.
Just ask the 40,000 UK fans who have jumped ship in the last two years.

Ha ha. No. Johnny joined The The in 1988 after Matt had written almost all of "Mind Bomb", and again, by 1992 when they were recording "Dusk", Johnny was spending all his time in Electronic during the writing period.
Interesting, thanks. I've come to respect Johnny a lot more since he started putting out his recent solo albums. Really liked Playland. But I used to bristle at the suggestion that his time in The The was longer and at least as significant.

Seriously though, what has he achieved that would make someone think they need to make a film about him? With Joy Division Control was all about Ian's epilepsy and his problems with depression etc, for New Order it was all about Factory Records/ The Hacienda and the madness surrounding that era. What would it be for Morrissey?

For a start he's an amazing writer. Other writers will carry a torch.

And he could create drama in an empty room. His mental health, his ambiguous gender & sexuality, his quiff, his animal obsession, his love/hate affair with fame.

There's tons of stuff.

I hate the Conservatives.

And again I repeat, all races have been oppressed and marginalized - but only some exploit this fact for the special concessions they can gain. It's called Playing the System.

We all know the two groups who do this. One is rich, one isn't. And one uses the other as battering rams.

Get educated.

BLM announced today that they do not want equality and actually want to enslave whites. If you support such a group you are insane.

You truly are a moron and have been completely brain washed by the bullshit far right conspiracy theories that no one actually believes except other brainwashed insignificant losers and you will lose. Well actually you already have lost.

I think I was born a kind of off white pinky kind of hue and will die a rather yellowing hue with varying shades of white and brown in between and I don’t give two sh*ts to be honest what race box that means I am. To have got through it having successfully dodged this type of blatant repetitive insanity and moronic logic will be a reason to go out with a bang.

I have seen and heard crap like this for over 60 years and not once have I heard and seen it succeed. It is fringe nonsense and will always will be. The rest of us will continue to live life like human beings with human decency for all living companions no matter where they came from and I know which side of this argument will die happy and which won’t.

For a start he's an amazing writer. Other writers will carry a torch.

And he could create drama in an empty room. His mental health, his ambiguous gender & sexuality, his quiff, his animal obsession, his love/hate affair with fame.

There's tons of stuff.

That stuff is often the reason why they will not make a film. A lot of people see that as negative.

On a site with its fair share of delusional f***wits, no-one comes close to you.
Steve has lost tens of thousands of fans - fact.
Steve explained that everyone prefers their own race. He has carried out no research into this matter - he obviously prefers his own race, and idiotically/sickeningly assumed everyone else feels the same.
The Der Spiegel episode revealed him to be an absolute liar - it couldn't be clearer. Fact.
He has urged everyone via a post on his website (which remains there to this day) to vote for a far-right political party. Fact.
Accusing me, ridiculously vaguely, of being a liar simply shows how empty and desperate you have become. You are nothing but a delusional laughing stock around here, and your mission to cast Steve in a more favourable light has totally failed. Time to move on.

Not fact.

You're distorting it.

& I put this on another thread - it's from a later interview he gave. May as well put it here.

20200830_045106.jpg

I'm not sure Johnny can take full credit for some of those achievements. James Bond, Glasto etc were established projects with bigger names and he was lucky to gain exposure by being invited to guest, or piggy-backing on them. Whereas Morrissey did a fantastic Glasto set on his own steam, and lots of other festivals over the years. Johnny is riding the wave of 2 or 3 fortunate things:

- younger Smiths fans see him as the 'cool' guy & the Smith it is acceptable to like
- older fans have been waiting decades for Marr to lead something and there seems to be an attitude of "FINALLY!!!" over his solo endeavours
- Marr was always over-shadowed by M so Morrissey's PR disasters have been beneficial for him
- he is being more prolific, vocal and ambitious now than he has been at any time since the 80s - Autobio, book signings, speaking engagements at the Oxford union, etc.

I hope the wave continues because I love the guy, but I don't think it can compare to Morrissey's career. Johnny waited so long to go down the 'solo' path that he's now adding bells to a legacy that was built in his absence, and built on the Smiths. And the trouble with being thought of as 'cool' is that you fall out of fashion.

He never wanted that solo spotlight hence the years of wanting nothing more than session work. You can not compare two completely different people in this way. One is a spotlight attention seeker that thrives on drama and melodrama and the other seeks a quieter role and in that respect JM totally succeeded in achieving his ambition.

Yeah there’s so many hardcore Johnny Marr fans out there, bedroom walls plastered with his posters, closets full of Johnny Marr shirts, tattoos. bumper stickers etc!! And the crowd at Marr concerts is insane! So many stage invaders just wanting to touch their idol!! Hilarious...

I think you just described the insanity of the Moz fan.

Not fact.

You're distorting it.

& I put this on another thread - it's from a later interview he gave. May as well put it here.

View attachment 58763

Well he has said a lot of things and a large amount of it is just a pile of lies. He does watch the news cause he has spoken about the news. The other points are too crap.

You can’t really back a view of him on a statement made that doesn’t stand up as credible and from the lips of someone who time and time again has contradicted his own words and beliefs.

He carries no logic and very little sincerity.

Well he has said a lot of things and a large amount of it is just a pile of lies. He does watch the news cause he has spoken about the news. The other points are too crap.

You can’t really back a view of him on a statement made that doesn’t stand up as credible and from the lips of someone who time and time again has contradicted his own words and beliefs.

He carries no logic and very little sincerity.

Artists are volatile. It's sincere & has its own emotional logic though.

He never wanted that solo spotlight hence the years of wanting nothing more than session work. You can not compare two completely different people in this way. One is a spotlight attention seeker that thrives on drama and melodrama and the other seeks a quieter role and in that respect JM totally succeeded in achieving his ambition.

I agree but I guess his ambitions changed over time. He must have wanted the spotlight eventually, or else why would he go solo at 50?

Yeah there’s so many hardcore Johnny Marr fans out there, bedroom walls plastered with his posters, closets full of Johnny Marr shirts, tattoos. bumper stickers etc!! And the crowd at Marr concerts is insane! So many stage invaders just wanting to touch their idol!! Hilarious...

:)

even the tubby dudes who played in his last and final Comet tour couldnt stand him:blushing:

You have two hands? Did you count Moz’s last arena tour attendance with the other hand?
You miscounted. There is nothing on that hand and, since you brought it up, there is likely nothing on the other hand either for poor Johnny.

Seriously though, what has he achieved that would make someone think they need to make a film about him? With Joy Division Control was all about Ian's epilepsy and his problems with depression etc, for New Order it was all about Factory Records/ The Hacienda and the madness surrounding that era. What would it be for Morrissey?
Court cases and being questioned by the police intelligence over his Maggie song and his time as a Stretford loner where he sat in the corner of the pub muttering about killing the queen which locals from that era can confirm. There are so many things you could use for a movie about him not least his gay flings and his constant travelling and owning homes in different parts of the world.
Then we have the career of course and him having the most whacky and dedicated fans in the world not to mention his absolute influence on pop culture which popped everywhere as his generations of fans grew up and got a job.
His flirting with controversy in lyrics and interviews makes it hard to choose what to focus on unless you turned his life into a tv series cause a movie would never be enough.
His job as a flesh remover would be the opening of course where the awful sound of it turns into a Marr guitar sound. I also see all the fans who wrote to him about various medical conditions which made him use hearing aid onstage as well as wheelchair and band aid and big fake cuts on his hand to mention a few.
Then we have his personal life story so in the end the people behind it would have to pick and choose what not to use rather than the other way around to avoid making it too long.

🤒
FFS one of :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: names is DramaJ:okay:
if its not comets its aminotopia everything is soap opera for the twat🤒

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom