Johnny's comments on whole Simpsons debacle

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 4.27.24 PM.png

Not really a comment on the debacle

Indeed, not really a comment on the show, and we shouldn't really expect anything more meaningful to come from Johnny. He knows when it is better to just shut up.

fools.

Why should Johnny say anything? there’s nothing for him to complain about. The episode wasn’t about Marr, which secretly may be his only complaint.

Johnny (left, I suppose) is clearly being portrayed as playing the bass... and even if he were playing the correct instrument, he's still on the wrong side of the stage.

vlcsnap-2021-04-19-07h47m58s112.png

A nasty comment would be, that nobody cared enough about the other members of The Smiths, to check what instrument they played...

And besides, as I understand it, he's still portrayed in the episode as part of a reunion that includes the racist, animal-devouring, cash-grabbing Quilloughby, so his integrity isn't exactly untouched by the writers, is it?

Johnny (left, I suppose) is clearly being portrayed as playing the bass... and even if he were playing the correct instrument, he's still on the wrong side of the stage.

View attachment 71341

A nasty comment would be, that nobody cared enough about the other members of The Smiths, to check what instrument they played...
:lbf: the story is old, but it goes on ...
And besides, as I understand it, he's still portrayed in the episode as part of a reunion that includes the racist, animal-devouring, cash-grabbing Quilloughby, so his integrity isn't exactly untouched by the writers, is it?

yeah, but really not as bad as the fictional main character.

Whatever, this shit will blow over as it always does, of course haters will regurgitate it back up when ever they get the chance.

:lbf: the story is old, but it goes on ...

yeah, but really not as bad as the fictional main character.

Whatever, this shit will blow over as it always does, of course haters will regurgitate it back up when ever they get the chance.

Yeah, I just thought that the offspring's glee (documented in another thread) was rather misguided, but then again, his lack of perspective is obvious.

View attachment 71341

They missed the white patch in Johnny's hair but that is a Jaguar-ish shape though it does seem to have four strings. Andy seems to have a capo far up the neck like he's Albert King or something but he's holding down the strings on the wrong side of it.
What buttons is Quilloughby wearing? I had a white one with blue letters like that a long time ago but I don't remember what it was. Wonder if it's a band pin or a political badge? Could have been worse I guess.

In the midst of watching a bunch of beautiful ESL shitshow YouTube videos, my friendly algorithm happened to throw this choice at me.

í had happily lived these past 8 years never having set my eyes upon it. Not now.

Just-for-Men-Genius-Johnny at the 2013 NME Awards with...Ronnie Wood? Big-time Smiths fan, í'm sure :ha-no:
'Doing' "How Soon Is Now?" {as in "I'm gonna fackin' do you mate!"}

í don't have the words to describe Johnny's...vocal...here. It sounds like he's being live autotuned? Or...denied oxygen.

In one sense, Johnny could be secretly glad that Moz is 'Snuffing' out The Smiths legacy. Cos if Moz hadn't been at it, then this 👇 would have drawn more flack, and done the deed just as well...

í absolutely know the dude seems to be a Lovely Bloke. And í would be super happy to knock back a few protein shakes with him, and would happily listen to him do anything whatsoever on a guitar. But this 👆 redefines chronic.

But at least he's skinny...

It doesn't matter which side of the stage Johnny Marr is on. Andy and Mike wear glasses in their old age and the fact that the act is called "Quilloughby & The Snuffs" is of course also cynical. The makers of The Simpsons have put in so many little details and even if they don't seem 100% authentic, it's really a tough, in many parts also very successful but macabre satire. Notice, for example, that Morrissey's lower crown of hair appears grey, while the quiff looks dyed or could be a toupee. Also the trick that the Morrissey of memory represents an ideal and reality is cruel: hard stuff and exaggerated but...

Again, I count six strings on that "bass"...

Yeah they messed up and switched them. It’s six atrings and Marr has four. Never realized or thought about it I guess but Ronnie and marr do look alike which is weird for me for some reason and all I’ll be able to see for a while

Back
Top Bottom