karaoke/instrumentals

Re: The Smiths/ Morrissey instrumentals

thanks so much. your currently making this terrible evening (camera broke) a lot more tolerable.

My dsl connection is not very fast...just bear with me. Later this evening there'll be something here for you :)

My dsl connection is not very fast...just bear with me. Later this evening there'll be something here for you :)

thanks I am off out for a little anyway. so there is no rush.
It is all in aid of my A Level media piece.
I couldn't help but throw some morrissey in there.

Well there's also the leaked Children In Pieces demo and on Akiraware (Edit: The Asleep bootleg already mentioned) you can find some sound checks of The Smiths' songs. Know that they also played Bigmouth Strikes Again live as an instrumental once, that should be available.

And needless to say there's the instrumental version of Interlude but that one was included as a b-side.

Edit: Found a rough instrumental demo of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?. And there's always the early demo of On The Streets I Ran.

Last edited:

could someone upload Get Back To The Ghetto, please?

Well there's also the leaked Children In Pieces demo and on Akiraware (Edit: The Asleep bootleg already mentioned) you can find some sound checks of The Smiths' songs. Know that they also played Bigmouth Strikes Again live as an instrumental once, that should be available.

And needless to say there's the instrumental version of Interlude but that one was included as a b-side.

Edit: Found a rough instrumental demo of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?. And there's always the early demo of On The Streets I Ran.

That On The Streets I Ran demo is not Morrissey & the boys. Definitely, definitely not.

That's if it's the same one I have.

Peter

perfect. thanks a lot. my media grade with improve thanks to you. thousand thanks x

That On The Streets I Ran demo is not Morrissey & the boys. Definitely, definitely not.

That's if it's the same one I have.

Peter

Okay, it probably is the same we've got, thanks for the info.

when you guys inevitably record your own versions, PLEASE make sure you post them on here.

Advice on how to get The Smiths instrumental versions?

Hi there

Hopefully someone can help me. I was wondering where I could get The Smiths or Morrissey instrumental versions. For example, an instrumental of Still Ill or of Everyday is Like Sunday. It might be used for something like Karaoke.

Does anyone know if this exists, or if they are aware of mp3's you can download. Or even, how I would go about getting hold of instrumental versions

Thanks and best wishes

Re: Advice on how to get The Smiths instrumental versions?

i've recently started messing around with a program called Audacity, for ripping vinyl. it's free software and pretty easy to find. evidently you can import a song and strip away the vocals, by subtracting certain frequencies, etc...
i haven't attempted it. but if there's a song you really want to sing to and it's not readily available as a karaoke track, this might be useful.

Back
Top Bottom