Karaoke Night

I gave what I imagine was a stirring rendition of 'The Lazy Sunbathers' in a pub toilet last weekend, having somehow found a willing acquaintance who knew all the words. Terrible acoustics, though. :(

I always end up singing the 'I swear I never even knew what drugs were' line from TQID when drunk. I've never quite mastered tone!

happy to sing 'interlude' with you JJ
although i would prefer 'hairdresser on fire'
how about salford lads concert hall?
afternoon tea & crumpet kinda thing?

The problem is that there's not a big selection of Morrissey solo karaoke stuff unfortuantely, I would love to find karaoke tracks on Throwing My Arms Around Paris and Hairdresser on fire, but there's non out there in the world :(

MANCHESTER!

And I can sing the intro soprano to 'That's How People Grow Up' much better than the 'person' whom was recorded:rolleyes:, other than this I cannot sing Morrissey because he has a beautiful male voice . . . . so someone would have to follow with the lyrics! :)

Note: voice very loud.

Shall I wear a long operatic sparkly white dress too? To absorb myself into the occassion?

:sweet:

Last time I done some karaoke was at a popular local pub which has now recently closed down. I used to go down well untill I tried a Moz song 'First of the Gang to Die', It didn't go down to well for some reason. People just looked really puzzled as if they never heard it before, which, they most probably hadn't lol.

Reminds me of a tram ride home one evening last summer. The two women in front of me were a bit tipsy and practising their duet. Five minutes from their stop they phoned ahead to the pub and said "Tell him to get Hector ready for us"

singing Moz is something I was at first shy about, but people always seem to enjoy it when I do it :)
and at least a couple of girls, sort of, hit on me afterwards :blushing:

...There you go! Morrissey karokay = instant success with the opposite sex!
Logical enough.:lbf:...Errrrrrr:confused:

happy to sing 'interlude' with you JJ
although i would prefer 'hairdresser on fire'
how about salford lads concert hall?
afternoon tea & crumpet kinda thing?

OK l_d, we'll do the duet:thumb:
And then I shall sing solo......
'You're the one for me Kewpie':laughing:

Jukebox Jury

I LOVE Moz karaoke. Some guys organised a Mozaoke night in Newport Pagnell earlier in the year, which was tremendous fun and had a great take up.

I'm getting married next weekend and we are having Karaoke, my husband and I will begin proceedings with Last of the Famous International Playboys. He will only do the wooah bits though. It's sure to be a very classy day.

I also did "Irish Blood, English Heart" in a British pub in Spain a few years ago and pretty much got acused of being racist by the bar man. He afterwards said "We don't just welcome the English, we also welcome French and Icelandic and any nation". I wasn't allowed to sing again after that.

Girlfriend in a Coma is the only real contender for Moz Karaoke.:cool:

He buggered off, Mr Steve. A fairweather friend researching a book. Well, I'm sure meself and Punky will get a few mentions. That's how the media works. I'm still up for doing it.

Peter

i did first of the gang 3 years ago in a pub in Skegness while on holiday, took 5 big vodkas to get me up there, got a standing ovation( well 1 man stood up and cheered)!! xx

I was at my gf's office christmas party last night which inclued a Karaoke competition. We didn't stick around but I noticed in the book of songs, between the Smiths and Moz solo about 20 plus tunes available to sing..I considered doing a little "I Have Forgiven Jesus" but then thought better of it :rolleyes:

I was at my gf's office christmas party last night which inclued a Karaoke competition. We didn't stick around but I noticed in the book of songs, between the Smiths and Moz solo about 20 plus tunes available to sing..I considered doing a little "I Have Forgiven Jesus" but then thought better of it :rolleyes:

It has to be done. It just has.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom