Kill Uncle longbox?

leastlikelyto

first lost lad
Anyone got any information about this release, US release of Kill Uncle in something called a longbox... Information please.

attachment.php

Well, I would not buy it for 50 euros:rolleyes:

Anyone got any information about this release, US release of Kill Uncle in something called a longbox... Information please.

attachment.php

What about it? Virtually all CDs in the US were sold in longboxes up until the mid-90s, when there was a movement to ban them. (Incidentally, you can still find them at some big-box retailers like Costco.) If they're worth anything now, then I'll be jiggered. I've tossed all of mine except for my Beatles ones, of which I have a complete set. :guitar:

"MORRISSEY Smiths KILL UNCLE Superovanlig CD! Kolla!!!! Extremt svårhittad OÖPPNAD USA- original CD från 1991 i longbox!! Grymt svårhittad med denna box i vilket skick som helst- detta ex är OÖPPNAT!! Grym raritet!"

Somehow I feel a bit alarmed by this.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
"MORRISSEY Smiths KILL UNCLE Superovanlig CD! Kolla!!!! Extremt svårhittad OÖPPNAD USA- original CD från 1991 i longbox!! Grymt svårhittad med denna box i vilket skick som helst- detta ex är OÖPPNAT!! Grym raritet!"

Somehow I feel a bit alarmed by this.
:rolleyes:

I would, too, if I knew enough Swedish to understand it. But "grym" sounds, well, pretty grim. :D

I would, too, if I knew enough Swedish to understand it. But "grym" sounds, well, pretty grim. :D

Yeah, grym means grim but can be used as "extremely" & "cool":)

"MORRISSEY smiths KILL UNCLE super rare CD! Check out!! Extremely hard to find UNOPENED USA-original CD from 1991 in longbox!! Extremely hard to with this box in any condition - this copy is UNOPENED!! Cool rarity!"

That's how mine came when I bought it March 5th, 1991.

Sealed longboxes are pretty valuable now. I remember around '94 when they were being fazed out I was going to buy the whole catalog again in longboxes but never got around to it.

To be honest, I never liked them and chucked them away. I had "Your Arsenal" in a long box (my UK edition started skipping). I think the box went straight to the bin outside the shop.

This was the record shop that used to employ Morrissey, when it was called "Yanks". It's a Gym now, I think?

Hah hah, I initially misread the thread title as "Kill Uncle LUNCHbox"

How cool would a Kill Uncle or Viva Hate lunchbox be? :guitar: Imagine sending the wee anklebiters off to school with one of those lunchboxes? Hell, I'd get one and take it to my own workplace.

I suppose I could find a plain metallic lunch box and paint my own Viva Hate cover on it. It would be better if "Education in Reverse" were substituted for the title. Then it would really be a wonderful lunchbox for school.

You know you can easily have that done.

Just go to http://www.photolunchboxes.com/order.html
and upload the pix you want on the lunchbox, pay online, and they will ship the product to your hizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-ouse.

Let me know if you end up doing one so I can see the final product before i take the leap myself.

Love ya

BR

Back
Top Bottom