Morrissey Central "Kirk, our hero" (December 9, 2019)

KIRK, OUR HERO
December 9, 2019

103 years old today !!!!!!!!

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/kirk-our-hero

Small picture from Young Man With A Horn (with Doris Day, 1950):

With A Song In My Heart

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I found this about the hero.It seems Morrissey forgiven him or dont' know this .I am so confused.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/ente...mals-was-most-stupid-thing-ive-ever-done.html

Veteran actor Kirk Douglas has confessed his regrets over a wild game hunt in which he killed a leopard and a zebra on a trip to Kenya 50 years ago, and has called for the hunting of wild animals to be stopped.

In a blog post for The Huffington Post, the actor describes his experiences of the wild game hunting trip to Africa, which was documented by a photographer for a book called Great Hunts.

He writes, "Some 50 years ago, I went on my first (and only) wild game hunt - the most stupid thing I've ever done. But, at the time, I was gung-ho, buying all the proper paraphernalia, checking guns and racing off into the wilds of Kenya. I remember being drunk with power as I softly pulled the trigger of my high-powered rifle and watched a leopard, a gazelle, an oryx, a zebra and other defenceless animals fall to the ground."

All the animals Douglas killed were shipped to his home and mounted on his walls, and it is then that he realised how "obscene" his actions were

He adds, "One day I looked up and all my trophies seemed to be staring at me. I realised how obscene it was to kill them. I quickly got rid of all the 'trophies' and tried to forget the sin that I had committed."

The Spartacus star also admits he feels sorry for Dr Walter Palmer, the man who shot and killed Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe, writing, "I feel sorry for Dr Palmer. He is being hunted much like he stalked his prey. His actions were inexcusable and I believe he is certainly paying for them. But he is not alone, many people hunt and kill wild animals for sport. That must be stopped."

Oh, he is a hero for stopped hunting?So we must forgive the serial killers who stop murdering people ,or rapists who stop raping.
So a big forgiveness,pardon for all :crazy:

Hi

I found this about the hero.It seems Morrissey forgiven him or dont' know this .I am so confused.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/ente...mals-was-most-stupid-thing-ive-ever-done.html

Veteran actor Kirk Douglas has confessed his regrets over a wild game hunt in which he killed a leopard and a zebra on a trip to Kenya 50 years ago, and has called for the hunting of wild animals to be stopped.

In a blog post for The Huffington Post, the actor describes his experiences of the wild game hunting trip to Africa, which was documented by a photographer for a book called Great Hunts.

He writes, "Some 50 years ago, I went on my first (and only) wild game hunt - the most stupid thing I've ever done. But, at the time, I was gung-ho, buying all the proper paraphernalia, checking guns and racing off into the wilds of Kenya. I remember being drunk with power as I softly pulled the trigger of my high-powered rifle and watched a leopard, a gazelle, an oryx, a zebra and other defenceless animals fall to the ground."

All the animals Douglas killed were shipped to his home and mounted on his walls, and it is then that he realised how "obscene" his actions were

He adds, "One day I looked up and all my trophies seemed to be staring at me. I realised how obscene it was to kill them. I quickly got rid of all the 'trophies' and tried to forget the sin that I had committed."

The Spartacus star also admits he feels sorry for Dr Walter Palmer, the man who shot and killed Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe, writing, "I feel sorry for Dr Palmer. He is being hunted much like he stalked his prey. His actions were inexcusable and I believe he is certainly paying for them. But he is not alone, many people hunt and kill wild animals for sport. That must be stopped."

Oh, he is a hero for stopped hunting?So we must forgive the serial killers who stop murdering people ,or rapists who stop raping.
So a big forgiveness,pardon for all :crazy:
You would think if he felt remorse, it would have been after he killed the first animal. He's a real shit, just like Prince Phillip who similarly is a hypocrite, being patron of the world wildlife fund while hunting animals all his life.

What I was suggesting was not that being against the blacklist makes up for being a rapist. Instead, I was suggesting that possibly one might not believe the rape accusation or be unaware of it, and that Kirk Douglas, in addition to being an actor, was also a political force and that, if one were to be unaware of the rape story, this might be a legitimate reason to see him as a hero.
Honestly, given Morrissey's unfortunate comments about Weinstein and the producer's habit of sexually assaulting women after inviting then to audition in his hotel rooms, and given that this is exactly the circumstances under which Natalie Wood found herself alone with Kirk Douglas in his hotel room, and given that Morrissey had zero sympathy for the victims, I could have assumed that not only did he hear the stories but either didn't care or continued his pattern of blaming the victim. But I was trying to be fair and suggest there was a legitimate reason for his citing of Douglas as a "hero."

WTF??????????:straightface:
'you could have assumed that not only did he hear the stories but either didnt care or continued his pattern of blaming the victim':straightface: WTF?? there are about 3 levels of assumption to go with the 4 levels of 'givenness' on the top part of this particular psycho babble. :crazy:

like 'whos on first' in reverse:nomouth:

The way actors played back then might come across as "annoying" to some now, although i totally disagree, but at least you still remember the dialogues and some epic lines to this day! They were honoring the language! Poepl knew how to speak. A lot of movies today are like produced like consumer products, forgettable as you soon as you walk ou of the theatre! This is not movies designed for millenials.

When it comes to taste in music and actors you can tell that Moz is from a completely different generation and is way older and probably older than his age.

Back when actors were taught to sound like public service announcers using words and phrases you never heard in the real world even back then.

In Sweden they are called Dramaten (Stockholm dramatic theatre) actors who speak in a way that makes it not come across as natural or real in any way. Swedish acting still suffers greatly from this compared to danish actors who are the ones who deliver dialogue naturally.

Old movies are ridiculously funny if you study the way they talk which is why they were old even when new and not at all to be taken seriously cause they are art more than anything else and cannot compare with modern movies in that sense.

The theatre in a movie on the screen and many were of course adapted from theatre plays. Actors who came from teh theatre stage told to talk clear and loud and on film that just becomes annoying and unreal somehow.

The way actors played back then might come across as "annoying" to some now, although i totally disagree, but at least you still remember the dialogues and some epic lines to this day! They were honoring the language! Poepl knew how to speak. A lot of movies today are like produced like consumer products, forgettable as you soon as you walk ou of the theatre! This is not movies designed for millenials.

Actors back then came from treading the boards, theater. So their craft and approach translated differently to screen. Because of this and the dialogue
I find them to be far more poetic and powerful.

Must have been heard for the old man to see his son Michael become a much better actor appearing in more relevant movies than the theatre stage productions that Kirk did that happened to end up on the screen.

His movies aged very badly I'm afraid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom