Kirsty Young on giving Morrissey vodka to relax

Sir David ‘fave guest’ of Desert Discs host - Herald Scotland

Excerpt:

Young, 48, added that she would often go to extra lengths to try to relax interviewees, including sharing a bottle of vodka with ex-Smiths frontman Morrissey.

She said: “I try and make my castaway at ease. Once people relax, they’re more likely to open up.

“And we had it on good authority that Morrissey drinks neat vodka, so we made sure we had a bottle.

“When my producer said: ‘Would you like some tea or coffee... or vodka?’ “Morrissey said: ‘Vodka.’ I had one as well. I wasn’t going to have a cup of tea when Morrissey was having a vodka.

“I didn’t drink it. He did.”

Jason also sends the link to the article in The Guardian:

Roll over Beethoven: Desert Island Discs stars pick pop over classical - The Guardian

39574_1867.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not really. I guess it depends upon how you define 'strange', I suppose.

On a different subject, I remember that you were very vocal in stating how Johnny Marr's autobiography would give the 'bots' sleepless nights and it would reveal the supposedly hideous truth about Morrissey and his behaviour. I've just finished reading it and all I could detect was that Marr absolutely loved Morrissey and doesn't have a single bad word to say against him. Have I missed something that you picked up on?

I'm not being confrontational and I'm certainly not a 'bot' (despite how the above may read) I'm just interested in understanding your reading of things.

Cheers.

You are correct the book is unrecognisable to the one I was shown before it went to print. My guess is a deal has been brokered behind the scenes but what the terms are I have no idea whatsoever as yet. One thing we can all be sure of though is the last thirteen/fourteen months have been somewhat strange and unusual in respect to present and past gangs.
My left ear is firmly placed on the ground and I've also been tipped off to keep my eye on a certain area. :guitar:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Thanks for replying.

I'm not entirely sure that I follow what you are suggesting/predicting...I guess the next few months will reveal all.

Did you get a copy of the original manuscript you saw? I'm sure there are many here who would appreciate a read.

To be fair to Morrissey, after drinking a bottle of vodka I feel pretty relaxed too.

Skinny,

What is your opinion on Benny posting something negative and never returning to a thread, for any news item?

4K off (Paul) we never know if u return to a thread because you're any mouse :rat:
I sign all of my contributions.
There are so many of you :rat::rat::rat:' s on here who want to engage with me but it's impossible to respond ! Every :rat: looks and sounds just like any other :rat:.
Why don't ya just sign off with Paul to avoid any confusion?

You are correct the book is unrecognisable to the one I was shown before it went to print. My guess is a deal has been brokered behind the scenes but what the terms are I have no idea whatsoever as yet. One thing we can all be sure of though is the last thirteen/fourteen months have been somewhat strange and unusual in respect to present and past gangs.
My left ear is firmly placed on the ground and I've also been tipped off to keep my eye on a certain area. :guitar:

So you are stating in a public forum that you have read the original manuscript and that it was then sanitised to remove all of the negative comments about Morrissey because of "a deal...brokered behind the scenes"? And you fully believe this to be true? Despite all evidence to the contrary, despite nothing like this being suggested in any form in any media, you fully believe that you were given access to Marr's original manuscript that was then changed before publication?

Ok. Given your clear agenda, you must have taken some form of evidence of this. You would not simply read it and then pass it on given the subject matter. If what you claim is the truth, then post evidence of it here. It's dead simple. Just provide evidence to substantiate your claims.

Better be quick...I'm guessing that Johnny Marr's lawyers will already be sharpening their pencils.

JP

Pure madness. If they offered Moz a Vodka and he accepted then they should have been happy. He probably only accepted it out of courtesy that they had actually tried to make an effort. f***in idiots complaining about nothing. Trump is building a wall and doing his best to nudge the world into the abyss and this dizzy twat of a ' journalist' is talking about someone having a bloody vodka. By that rationale every single guest on Alan Carr Chatty Man is a raving alcoholic. Political correctness makes me sick and is a symptom of the intellectually and imaginatively bankrupt. Spineless bastards all.

Pretty stupid if you've been a Morrissey fan for a while you would know he likes vodka he's said it in past interviews before. Stories on here get redundant.

Pretty stupid if you've been a Morrissey fan for a while you would know he likes vodka he's said it in past interviews before. Stories on here get redundant.

Yes. Big deal.
He gets a vodka or is it wodka?
So what? Is this insinuating he's an alcolic, or what? :crazy:
What was the brand? :paranoid:

I reckon real Irish Catholic people in America who don't have last names like Hewson, Clayton, and Evans don't drink Vodka, so Uncle Steve does not drink Vodka.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom