"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

So, after reading hundreds and hundreds of comments, I 've finally watched the video and it's obvious that many of you havve not connected with Sam's vision. Clearly the video is a deeply philosophical perspective of Morrissey's isolation as a talented, non-conformist lyricist, trying to exist in a vacuous, Kardashian culture that ignores a literary genious while systematically idolizing the likes of botoxed housewives; corporately contrived boy bands; and vapid, talentless media-whore celebrities who have attained fame by uttering mono-syllabic catchphrases like "that's hot" in some barely coherent "Hollywood speak".

Just look at the loneliness in Morrissey's eyes as he stands on the stage, longing, as he has for decades, for his words to connect with the audience on a deeper intellectual and emotional level, something that he has been told from the very beginning of his career would be an impossible goal to achieve. While he has always struggled to maintain some modicum of dignity and integrity, alas, there have been times when he has been forced to bend rather than break. Let's not forget that he was once the vision of youthful beauty with messages scrawled across his torso, allowing himself to be objectified with the hope that some of the gawkers would have a moment of epiphany and actually connect with the emotional revelations of his words.

But time is unkind to beautiful people and pop stars, and Morrissey's current dilema is trying to validate himself to prospective record companies who are likely to say "yes, he is phenomonally talented, but does anyone really care about that? How can we make a 55 year old poet relevant to today's audience... casual dug use, gratuitous sexual imagery, frivolous pop videos... how about all of the above?"

Don't blame Morrissey or Sam for illuminating the flaws of a social media driven world; blame yourselves for applauding, or at least complacently accepting, the lowest common denominator of entertainment and mass marketing. Unfortunately, Sam's message will soar over the head's of the masses. He would be best advised to re-shoot this video using very cute cats. A grumpy-looking, older cat could be used to symbolize Morrissey's isolated, disillusioned existence as it watches other happy, 'normal' cat couples expressing acceptance and affection as they lick each other's faces to "Kiss Me A Lot".

lynnda

If the message has soared over the heads of the masses it's because Sam's execution of the message was so shit. Having said that, I think the obvious has soared right over your head.

Just stop for a second and look around at this thread. Look at it from a distance. Morrissey has put out a trite, shitty, throwaway pop video, and has managed to generate endless, passionate debate and reflection.:

Appalled disappointment would better describe it.

I'm going to put a positive spin on this.

If he can get those "models" to come on tour and dance around on stage or sing background when Morrissey plays this song, he might be able to lure Alain Whyte back to replace Jesse Tobias with the promise that Alain gets to f*** them every night in his hotel room. Alain loved his groupies and f***ing whores on tour.

110,000 views chalked up pretty quickly, like it or not it's certainly getting seen, and with no label backing or promotion.

Maybe someone knows what they're doing after all.

I think it's a fun video, you people are all way too serious.

If he wanted a video and decent promotion then why not run a competition on true-to-you and ask fans to create a video themselves? Morrissey could then choose the one he likes best as the official video. The music press would run that with a level of hype and buzz, and we wouldn't have to end up with such embarrassment as this current video (it isn't difficult).

Next time perhaps...

Ok! My thought is, the girls COULD be post-op transsexuals. Since typical cheeseball ladies seems so incongruous, that was my thought. And then I thought Moz would want dudes to think they're just cheeseball ladies, and then they'd be attracted to transsexuals, and laughs galore for Moz. His whole career he's been fascinated with gender being nebulous.

110,000 views chalked up pretty quickly, like it or not it's certainly getting seen, and with no label backing or promotion.

Maybe someone knows what they're doing after all.

I think it's a fun video, you people are all way too serious.

I'm sure 109,000 of those views are Mike Joyce logging on to have a laugh.

...You've got to admire the Old Ponce, though...Rolling out of the lavender-scented bed in which he spent a full night romping with Damon...Grabbing a cuppa...Ambling into the provençal studio, still in his robe, to record KMAL ("once more, with feeling!")...And then later making a video to showcase the street workers that are going to get him his next music award...

He's EARNED that title of Sultan of Trolls, you know.

-What was that Harvest motto again? Ah yes. You reap what you sow...

Just stop for a second and look around at this thread. Look at it from a distance. Morrissey has put out a trite, shitty, throwaway pop video, and has managed to generate endless, passionate debate and reflection. I've watched it a few times now, and I really do think it's true intent was satirical. Poorly done satire, but satire nonetheless. This is what's amazing about it. Trust me, I hated it just as much as anybody else. Deny it all you want, the man is one charismatic son-of-a-bitch. It's hilarious, really. That's why we're all here. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go blast Smiler with Knife and wait with bated breath for the MSG tickets to go on sale. :thumb:

So what your saying is he's made a crap i-phone movie at the risk of destroying his Nephews future career but hey it's cool just look at all the publicity ! If your right he really is a selfish nasty piece of work.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

So many people here are missing the point.
This "video" is so, SO, SOOOO beyond bad that analyzing why he didn't use different bodytypes or whatever is far too advanced of a discussion for something this shitty.
It's like someone serving you moldy toast and you asking why it didn't have a variety of tastes and spices on it.
With something this bad, this...amateurish and just awful, there should be no discussion. And all the people linking to Taylor Swift and whatever, the sad day has come when I have to say that none of those tween pop sensations have ever released anything this atrocious production-wise. Morrissey's concept? I wish it had a f***ing concept. And was it really difficult to rent a f***ing dolly or a jib, HELL, even go handheld. My fifty year old dad made an iMovie video for a song that compared to this thing could be considered the high-point of filmmaking.
Sad, sad, sad.

If he can get those "models" to come on tour and dance around on stage or sing background when Morrissey plays this song, he might be able to lure Alain Whyte back to replace Jesse Tobias with the promise that Alain gets to f*** them every night in his hotel room. Alain loved his groupies and f***ing whores on tour.

Leave Jesse alone and stop spreading rumours about Alain.

Re: MORRISSEY TROLLS HETEROSEXISM. WHO KNEW? *rollseyes*

There's nothing wrong with me.

Oh, a million trillion laughs!! There's nothing wrong with your obsessions with Morrissey's sex life and cheese. Nothing at all :crazy:

Haha, it's a funny video. It's funnier when muted, that way a good song remains untarnished too.

I particularly like how he has put 'Copyright S.E.R' at the end. Like anyone else would want to lay claim to it :lbf:

You do realise spreading these rumours are damaging the names of band members, right? That Spanish hooker comment you made when the Murcia show was announced was spreading amongst fans on the UK tour. The band members are real people with real lives and you should think about that before you go maligning their reputations with false stories.

OK GO makes "great" music videos yet no one can stand their music. This is the first music video I've watched the entirely in decades.

OK GO makes "great" music videos yet no one can stand their music. This is the first music video I've watched the entirely in decades.

first two ok go albums are great, especially the second, and they only make ok videos. later albums i dont listen to

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom