Kissing the Pink & Morrissey

T

Tingle

Legend has it that a band called 'Kissing the Pink' put Morrissey on one of their record covers in the 80's. Does anyone have a copy of the sleeve? I've never seen it. I remember that they had Morrissey's co-operation after they said they'd put him on the sleeve anyway with or without his consent.

Almost correct.

You're thinking of the band PINK INDUSTRY who featured Morrissey on the sleeve of their 'What I Wouldn't Give' single in 1985 on Zulu records.

Kissing The Punk were a shit 80s new romantic type band a few years earlier. Nothing to do with Morrissey. Actually nothing to do with music.

Yeah, Kissing The Pink had a song called 'Last Film'. That was dross.

Talking of Morrissey and him featured in other people's songs

Has anyone heard the Fat Tulips song 'Saint Steven'? I have a (very poor) copy that was taped from John Peel many moons ago (about 1990). It is about Mozzer. Just wondered if anyone has a copy or has heard it?

Right, I'm off to the Star & Garter.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
x

Re: Talking of Morrissey and him featured in other people's songs

> Has anyone heard the Fat Tulips song 'Saint Steven'? I have a (very poor)
> copy that was taped from John Peel many moons ago (about 1990). It is
> about Mozzer. Just wondered if anyone has a copy or has heard it?

> Right, I'm off to the Star & Garter.

> Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
> x

You left for the S & G at 7.40? The out-of-towners there were already on their 20th pint by then.

Re: Talking of Morrissey and him featured in other people's songs

Actually, the clock on this board hasn't been altered - it's 1 hour slow. Which means I didn't leave until nearer 9!! It took a while to cover up the "nez blu".

> You left for the S & G at 7.40? The out-of-towners there were already
> on their 20th pint by then.

Back
Top Bottom