"Kit" - No Longer Keeping It Hidden

An anonymous person writes:

Kit.
Oh, Kit. You really do exist.
This song is just too beautiful not to be heard & shared amongst Morrissey fans everywhere. My apologies in advance for the somewhat degraded quality. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hs99bw9h1dpdh1a

PS- If anyone out there is good at cleaning up old audio, please feel free to do so and then kindly share it back here so that we may all have a cleaner copy. Thank you, David, for maintaining this site throughout the years. Your work is appreciated. And that is why the news of this song is debuting on your site.

Some background:

According to Mozipedia, "Kit" (Morrissey/Boorer) is a "Studio outtake from the 1997 Maladjusted album sessions".

"Kit" lyrics - bozboorer.com

Update Jan. 6, 11:40 PM PT:

Song on YouTube via the InMozWeTrust Facebook page:

Last edited:
Who is Kit anyway? And who is Julia?

Kit lrycs comes close to sunny though it's more like an imaginary love, as sunny is more personal

Julia Riley has a website, True-to-You, and is official a fansite where Morrissey outs whatever and when he
wants

Julia is also famous for going to about every gig, years ago, he chatted in his gig, so she got mentioned
and in the spotlight, as Daviid, and some more fans , she also thanked on some album/singles covers

This could be the best news item of the year already. I've been wanting to hear the Morrissey version of this song for a long time. The vocal melody is great as well as the extra lyrics at the end. I don't like the drums and cheesy synth at the end but I like to think this would have been improved in the studio. Seems odd that the song was never finished. Put a bit more to this and it could have been a stand out track.

"Seems odd that the song was never finished."

Dear son,

Song was never finished, because;
There were moments when he wished himself neither experienced nor a philosopher; moments when he looked back to the lost paradise of his innocent boyhood, those glorious hours when the unruffled river of his Life mirrored the cloudless heaven of his Hope!
Indeed,

we'll let you know

There is a Kit in Shelagh Delaney's The Lion in Love. Hmmm....

We are proud to inform Morrissey that he has now achieved the ultimate achievement and earned his ninth award. We know he will be so happy to hear that once again his award was in doubt but he was able to bail it out in the end and earn this coveted award that we know he will be proud to receive. We await word of his desires for how he'd wish to receive these awards and once again congratulations to Morrissey on his outstanding achievement this evening.
My special precious little boy with the most beautiful voice, I love you. We are the same.

Wonder if Boz will even be allowed to sing this ever again

Sounds like The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye. I see why he wanted to keep it hidden.

Musically it's quite strong, but Morrissey's vocal line is quite static and doesn't really go anywhere - the verse, bridge and chorus all predominantly revolve around the same note. Added to this, the lyrics aren't particularly strong. I still think with a polished vocal take and a decent production this could be a good song - maybe even a beautiful one if Lillywhite was in full lush 'Vauxhall and I' mode and went to town laying in backing vocals etc - but I think it's easy to see why Morrissey simply forgot about this one and concentrated on other things.

Thanks for the release ! Is it true that this song ( in particular the lines about hoarding cigarette butts and pictures that must come down) has something to do with a besotted David Bowie fan ? Am I imagining things or did I actually read this somewhere ?

Kit - No Longer Keeping Herself Hidden.

Oh "Anonymous."
You're right, she does exist. But...

It seems I'm the only one who thinks the anonymous person who sent this is Morrissey. I'd swear it's him!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom