"Knockabout World" released on YouTube / streaming platforms (Feb. 21, 2020)

The YouTube video went live in the UK at midnight.

Engineer: Bill Mims
Assistant Masterer: Chris Allgood
Orchestra: Czech Film Orchestra
Engineer: Emily Lazar
Synthesizer: Gustavo Manzur
Guitar: Jesse Tobias
Electric Guitar: Jesse Tobias
Engineer, Producer: Joe Chiccarelli
Engineer: Ken Sluiter
Bass Guitar: Mando Lopez
Drums, Percussion: Matt Walker
Engineer: Maxime Le Guil
Vocals: Morrissey
Engineer: Nate Haessly
Engineer: Pavel Ridoško
String Arranger: Roger Manning Jr.
Arrangement Horn: Roger Manning Jr.
Synthesizer: Roger Manning Jr.
Backing Vocals: Roger Manning Jr.
Engineer: Roman Sklenár
Arranger, Conductor, Contractor, Performance: Steve Aho
Engineer: Zac Zajdel
Composer, Writer: Jesse Tobias
Composer, Writer: Michael Daly
Composer, Writer: Morrissey
Composer, Writer: Roger Manning Jr.

Also live on the usual store portals.
The 320 official will be in the downloads section shortly.
Regards,
FWD.

so that’s another track that Boz isn’t playing a meaningful role on. I wonder if he wasn’t available for large parts of the recording, maybe time with his mum.

the song just came through on my spotify. i think i like it the most, on a first listen, more than the other two songs he’s released.

Finally the reorientation of the Morrissey sound works for me too. Where I couldn't understand the hype around the 3 rather uninspiring LIHS bonus tracks and the two available tracks for IANADOAC, didn't entitle me to do so, almost everything fits with "Knockabout World". It is catchy and cool (unlike the a.m. "Twin") and the synthetics work. Finally a clever chorus again, where you get taken along immediately. The reverb guitar at the end is also classic Morrissey sound. Good also how Roger Manning sings the counterpart in the background at the end. Yes, it's clearly a clean 80s sound and reminds me (if at all) of B-sides of him 89/90. Since they were always as good as the A-side back then, that's totally ok. Lyrically of course his main theme remains "You can't destroy me" but that's always been his vehicle from which he draws inspiration. Manzur's keys squawk a little bit shrill and plastic in the middle and the beat is almost a ticking too present in the long run but it's an absolute ray of hope for me of the last 3 records with own material. Also the friendliness, as a previous speaker already said, with which he recites everything that "once again" almost destroyed him, is remarkable. In the end IANADOAC will be a general store with something for every fan. The music will be realigned and Morrissey will leave his comfort zone, which is amazing enough.

P.S.

Thompson Twins: very good comparison. The old ones have seen and heard it all and we've got "Love on our side"

Last edited:
How do people churn these things out so quickly?

The well has run dry. It's all just fluff now...
At least with the last two albums there was some effort to the lyrics, some effort to say something striking.
Now that's gone too. How sad. But time breaks us all.

Finally the reorientation of the Morrissey sound works for me too. Where I couldn't understand the hype around the 3 rather uninspiring LIHS bonus tracks and the two available tracks for IANADOAC, didn't entitle me to do so, almost everything fits with "Knockabout World". It is catchy and cool (unlike the a.m. "Twin") and the synthetics work. Finally a clever chorus again, where you get taken along immediately. The reverb guitar at the end is also classic Morrissey sound. Good also how Roger Manning sings the counterpart in the background at the end. Yes, it's clearly a clean 80s sound and reminds me (if at all) of B-sides of him 89/90. Since they were always as good as the A-side back then, that's totally ok. Lyrically of course his main theme remains "You can't destroy me" but that's always been his vehicle from which he draws inspiration. Manzur's keys squawk a little bit shrill and plastic in the middle and the beat is almost a ticking too present in the long run but it's an absolute ray of hope for me of the last 3 records with own material. Also the friendliness, as a previous speaker already said, with which he recites everything that "once again" almost destroyed him, is remarkable. In the end IANADOAC will be a general store with something for every fan. The music will be realigned and Morrissey will leave his comfort zone, which is amazing enough.

P.S.

Thompson Twins: very good comparison. The old ones have seen and heard it all and we've got "Love on our side"
Frank.... are we happy now???? I thought we were gonna lose ya with the new musical style, but you seem to have seen the light, so all is back in order.... did you get your ticket for the Germany gig, and has it sold out....I seen Tom Bailey in Newcastle a couple of years back , he was supporting culture club... he was and still is phenomenal...

Vocals/lyrics, I’m ok with but the keyboards?
They sound very John Shuttleworth.
How many times ?
SACK THE 4KIN LAWNMOWERS :rolleyes: FFS!

Verdict so far ? I don’t think he has any standards these days. Lost all interest, record/tour/repeat.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Benjamin never take john shuttleworhs name in vain on here.pidgeons in flight I wanna see you tonight.

for the last few years all we have heard is how the lyrics are so bad these days,now anonymous is saying the new songs lyrics are so bad and at least with the last two records the lyrics were bad but never this bad.
MAKE YOUR MIND UP YA BIG GIRLS BLOUSE.

Frank.... are we happy now???? I thought we were gonna lose ya with the new musical style, but you seem to have seen the light, so all is back in order.... did you get your ticket for the Germany gig, and has it sold out....I seen Tom Bailey in Newcastle a couple of years back , he was supporting culture club... he was and still is phenomenal...
Beth, I really like/love the song. Everything else will be decided on short terms. But I'm definitely trimming my quiff for the next two weeks.
I tried to get informations about the state of sold tickets for Cologne, but friends who went to the other big mancunian LG in February didn't succeed. The Palladium's lips were sealed.

Last edited:
Me encantoo el tema !!!bien la banda la letra es buena porque tiene un mensaje sutil pero muy directo .Lo mas destacado lejos es su voz esta cantando increiblemente amo su voz nasal,Moz es un genio muy pero muy groso esta intacto definitivamente es para mi el mejor cantante,desplazo a muchos de mis favoritos ,es realmente superior!! al compararlo con otros cantantes advierto que,algunos estan muy arruinados y otros ya muertos por la mala vida,Moz tiene cuerda para rato con esa voz puede darse el lujo de bajar un par de cambios en la confeccion de las letras ,lo digo yo que no entiendo nada y tengo que traducir las canciones ..aun sin entender me emociona su voz Es excelente VIVA MORRISSEY EL ESTA MUY ALTO Y SERA DIFICIL QUE PUEDAN BAJARLO ..ALGUNOS....

Beth, I really like/love the song. Everything else will be decided on short terms. But I'm definitely trimming my quiff for the next two weeks.
I tried to get informations about the state of sold tickets for Cologne, but friends who went to the other big mancunian LG in February didn't succeed. The Palladium's lips were sealed.
Pleased you like the new song plank, I just don’t like the way songs are released in bits and bobs for me it spoils the main event of listening to the new album in full, bloody hell spank, you still got hair!!! Very lucky man , a full head of hair and jetting off all over Europe!!!!

Uh no me gusto el video muy aburrido !! En you tube vi videos no oficiales de temas de Vauxhall and i, que estan bien hechos donde aparece MOZ ...por ejemplo un video hecho con now my heart is full esta bueno!!! Igualmente gracias hay que darle al que realizo el video lo que vale es la intencion!!! Y donde esta mi amiga de Portugal desde la izquierda?? Quiero conocer su opinion la aprecio !!! Mañana entro para ver si te encuentro !!!!

The first time I listened to Knockabout World I thought of the song Born Free by the late great Matt Monro, I've just got round to listening to Born Free and to my ears anyway there is something similar going on!

Half decent this, but could do without the parping synths in the break/middle 8. I'm enjoying the breakaway from the usual polished-sheen LA indie rock he's been doing forever, but i think it could go even further

Pleased you like the new song plank, I just don’t like the way songs are released in bits and bobs for me it spoils the main event of listening to the new album in full, bloody hell spank, you still got hair!!! Very lucky man , a full head of hair and jetting off all over Europe!!!!
Bez, it's a sign of the times, that new albums get introduced that way. I don't like it too. Would rather buy a CD-Single of KW with 2 extra tracks, 3 weeks before the 20th of March like in the 90s and 00s. Come on, Morrissey was always about the QUIFF too. The additional and enormous hairpiece I will wear for the ocassion will cost me a helluva lot. You bet.

I really like the “It’s a Knockabout world” chorus in the background of the “You’re okay by me” part. It’s quite rare for Moz to have layered vocals like that. I don’t know why, it’s not like he couldn’t replicate it live. He’s always had musicians on stage with him who could sing those backing/layered vocals.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom