"Knockabout World" released on YouTube / streaming platforms (Feb. 21, 2020)

Yeah, they absolutely do. Or do you think Frog Chorus is the equal of Yesterday? ;)

And while I would prefer the lyrics to recent songs to be more substantial, let's not pretend that the stuff from 25 years ago was perfect. "Dagenham, Dagenham, Dagenham, Dagenham Dave" and "No, no, no, no it's not gonna work out" were hardly poetry.

Or from the same album, the lyrics for "The Operation", "Reader Meet Author", "The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils", and "Southpaw" ...
Nothing in the past 5 years comes close...

What the hell is a mom? Sounds like your imaginary sex friend, in fact your only friend JR, you need to plan an escape from that basement or madness beckons!
You have never heard of the word "mom?" Mom is the person who shit you out when you were born and the person I screw when I'm bored. Got it now, chief?

You have never heard of the word "mom?" Mom is the person who shit you out when you were born and the person I screw when I'm bored. Got it now, chief?
Haven't got a clue what your on about you retard...speak English little boy & get back in your rat infested basement.

Keeping it simple isn't unskilled. He's managed to accuse the press of trying to kill him without a hint of a diatribe. That's discipline.

He's probably too miserable & too mired in YouTube to write anything too complex.

That book that @NealCassidy found, Stop Reading The News**, says (& I believe it) that too much news rewires your brain & kills creativity. I'm now trying to avoid anything not work or Moz related and it's SO difficult.

(**I'll be chucking reading lists at Moz on the 14th** **I'm joking. I wouldn't actually chuck something at a stage. :rolleyes:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping it simple isn't unskilled. He's managed to accuse the press of trying to kill him without a hint of a diatribe. That's discipline.

He's probably too miserable & too mired in YouTube to write anything too complex.

That book that @NealCassidy found, Stop Reading The News**, says (& I believe it) that too much news rewires your brain & kills creativity. I'm now trying to avoid anything not work or Moz related and it's SO difficult.

(**I'll be chucking reading lists at Moz on the 14th).

I read the above and I couldn't help think: white, mid-20s, middle-class (thinks she's working class), feminist (but prefers a man to hold open a door for her), quasi-intellectual (if one's intellect can be carried in a bucket), One Nation Tory (but think's she's left-leaning), deluded (I'll be chucking reading lists at Moz on the 14th) and oh so utterly bored with her life.

(**I'll be chucking reading lists at Moz on the 14th).

Another lyric with Morrissey as the alleged victim. Remember the discussion about separating art from artist? Well, here’s another instance of artist as art.

“They tried to turn you, into a public target”. Who is ‘they’?

Der Spiegel?
Guardian?
Morrissey Central?

Morrissey turned himself into the public target via his very own statements from his own website. Is he castigating himself? Or, is he going to pretend that the media did not use quotes directly attributable to him e.g.: For Britain, Farage, AMW, Spacey, Weinstein, race and sexual violence?

Der Spiegel released the audio transcript that proved Morrissey had made the statements in the manner it reported. Morrissey then went silent. Again, Morrissey’s own words

“He's managed to accuse the press of trying to kill him without a hint of a diatribe.” Or was it attempted suicide by media?

This is far-out there, but one of my mates said the person in the lyrical question is supposed to be Tommy Robinson. Because the mentioning of 'handsome teeth' is referring to the fact, and you can look at a picture of the man, he has had a lot of work done to his teeth and they're very white (almost Americanised teeth).
It's an unusual theory. It could be just about anyone or even a metaphor but there's something I heard the other day anyway.

This is far-out there, but one of my mates said the person in the lyrical question is supposed to be Tommy Robinson. Because the mentioning of 'handsome teeth' is referring to the fact, and you can look at a picture of the man, he has had a lot of work done to his teeth and they're very white (almost Americanised teeth).
It's an unusual theory. It could be just about anyone or even a metaphor but there's something I heard the other day anyway.

Ew. I mean, Morrissey does appear to have a terrible taste in men, so I wouldn't put it past him to fancy that clown. But it does sound more like he's drawing on his own publicity ordeals. Tommy is happily in Russia sorting out a chat show deal, he's not really in need of a pep talk.

Or from the same album, the lyrics for "The Operation", "Reader Meet Author", "The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils", and "Southpaw" ...
Nothing in the past 5 years comes close...

We will have to agree to disagree on that one...

When there was a poll on this site to rate the albums, Southpaw Grammar came bottom of the pile. A big reason is because the lyrics are certainly the least of Morrissey. He had simply written nowhere near enough words to release an album.

I thought it was about TR, certainly fits the criteria, but difficult to prove, lol.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one...

When there was a poll on this site to rate the albums, Southpaw Grammar came bottom of the pile. A big reason is because the lyrics are certainly the least of Morrissey. He had simply written nowhere near enough words to release an album.

Probably a conscious decision on his part, maybe trying again to make a ‘physical album’. I say again because I
remember reading somewhere that the reason for not putting a lyric sheet in Your Arsenal was because he wanted it to be more of a physical album or listening experience. Also during Southpaw with all his cosmetic fake cuts and bruises I feel he was trying on more of a ‘macho’ (tough) image which also may explain simplifying or a kind of dumbing down of the lyric.

Last edited:
Probably a conscious decision on his part, maybe trying again to make a ‘physical album’. I say again because I
remember reading somewhere that the reason for not putting a lyric sheet in Your Arsenal was because he wanted it to be more of a physical album or listening experience. Also during Southpaw with all his cosmetic fake cuts and bruises I feel he was trying on more of a ‘macho’ (tough) image which also may explain simplifying or a kind of dumbing down of the lyric.

Time to get you ready for Bed, KS. Lets go chop chop.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom