"Kristeen Young finds Morrissey educational" , mlive.com interview

"At one point, when I was first starting out with them, every once in awhile I would go through a style crisis. 'Who am I? Who do I want to be?' He said something to me one day: 'Don't be a girl. Everybody's a girl. Be a woman. Think like a woman.' That's sort of been my little guiding light on almost everything I design. I design my own outfits for the stage."

*rolls eyes* She also explains why she's glued to Morrissey, like we don't know.

Without a label, manager or booking agent, Young has found the Morrissey shows to be a "really great home" for her. She said it provides a stable base.

"In some way, it might even be the future with the industry the way it is," Young said. "Artists band together to form their own little collectives to get things done."

Yeah, she and Morrissey are a collective and both benefit from it just immensely and equally. She travels with him insulting his audience and in return he gets to give her advice which she pretty much has to follow. If any of us were rich enough we would probably buy a friend like Kristeen Young, too.

Best review of her ever!!!!!!!!

i had my first taste of kristeen young tonight. I cannot rinse this out of my mouth.

She's absolutely atrocious. I think she's trying to be wild and interesting like tori amos back in the day.

But she fails. Epically.

Horrendous. Hideously so.

There's a reason she doesn't have a label, booking agent or tour manager, her mouth. Male or female at some point when will she take responsibility for what spills out of her mouth and stop blaming others for the fact that her career is non existent otherwise? Sure people can get on here and come to her defense, which is fine and dandy, but where are they when she's playing to 10-20 people in some random bar? I'll tell you where, they're at home saving their money to see someone they REALLY dig...Morrissey. :)

True that! I've always wondered why she can't get or even keep a manager. According to her FB page she recently lost her manager that she had just hired on with. Wonder what was up with that? Creative differences? Or her new manager decided that this was a go-no-where artist whose been at it too long to even TRY to sell to the masses.

She name-drops a lot. Over on AYNIM is a review of a gig she did in St Louis where she said "As a good friend of mine recently said, 'War is old, art is young.'" :rolleyes: That's what Morrissey said to the people of TEL AVIV! Was he pushing her on them? Am I totally missing the plot here?

She makes me want to NOT go to his shows and I don't want to have that feeling. And all the creepy kiss ass that goes on between Morrissey fans and her, it's f***ing creepy. It's not about the music, it;s about who is friends with who.

Bleh. f*** it who cares anymore. I'm starting not to.

She is a careerist, coat-tail riding idiot. Her career will go nowhere, simply because her music is very bad.

I would not say that she is very bad. She reminds me of an younger, inexperienced but alot of potential PJ Harvey. If she blossoms and finds her niche in music she will succeed.

She name-drops a lot. Over on AYNIM is a review of a gig she did in St Louis where she said "As a good friend of mine recently said, 'War is old, art is young.'" :rolleyes: That's what Morrissey said to the people of TEL AVIV! Was he pushing her on them? Am I totally missing the plot here?

She makes me want to NOT go to his shows and I don't want to have that feeling. And all the creepy kiss ass that goes on between Morrissey fans and her, it's f***ing creepy. It's not about the music, it;s about who is friends with who.

CG... she's a nobody. Really not worth getting angry over or missing shows for, surely. The fans who cosy up to her in the hope that it will get them into Morrissey's "circle" are pathetic and deluded, but why stress over them? Kristeen won't be his support act forever, and as soon as she's gone those parasitic fans will latch onto the next struggling musician Moz has decided to lend a hand. They're indulging the monkey to get to the organ grinder...that's all it is.

CG... she's a nobody. Really not worth getting angry over or missing shows for, surely. The fans who cosy up to her in the hope that it will get them into Morrissey's "circle" are pathetic and deluded, but why stress over them? Kristeen won't be his support act forever, and as soon as she's gone those parasitic fans will latch onto the next struggling musician Moz has decided to lend a hand. They're indulging the monkey to get to the organ grinder...that's all it is.

Yeah.

I don't particularly like Kristeen Young and I've only heard her perform once. To begin with I didn't think the music was that bad and there is definately a lot of creativity in there. She's certainly refreshing the face of most sell out artists who are in the game for money alone. Perhaps she isn't particularly great or sensational, but I'd still say she has good principles when it comes to making music.

I expect the only reason you stick up for Kristeen is because she writes to you on FB (who doesn't she write to), I expect it makes you feel so close to Morrissey and her...Does she even let you on the guest list.
Oh, you brainwashed person.....

I do think Kristeen has some talent but come on, she is quite deluded...I saw the NY shows and she was OK good, nothing special at all, she looks tired and sounds worse.
When she talks about the future of music being acts getting together how sad is that.
Moz doesn't need her, he is helping her, yet she speaks as if they are on the same level almost. She has got nowhere on her own.
There are loads and loads of better acts out there, this is why most people avoid her set or just put up with it in order to get near the front for Moz.
We can all see whats happening. I don't have an issue with her music more her "ways". As I say she is so deluded.

There's a reason she doesn't have a label, booking agent or tour manager, her mouth. Male or female at some point when will she take responsibility for what spills out of her mouth and stop blaming others for the fact that her career is non existent otherwise? Sure people can get on here and come to her defense, which is fine and dandy, but where are they when she's playing to 10-20 people in some random bar? I'll tell you where, they're at home saving their money to see someone they REALLY dig...Morrissey. :)

True that! I've always wondered why she can't get or even keep a manager. According to her FB page she recently lost her manager that she had just hired on with. Wonder what was up with that? Creative differences? Or her new manager decided that this was a go-no-where artist whose been at it too long to even TRY to sell to the masses.

Im not really sure Im able 2 post anything further on behalf of kristeen young at the moment.
Im really not sure if Im helping anymore! :(

This is probably the very last one I will post! :( (thank goodness for that you all cheer!!! )

The "problem" for kristeen of course, has nothing whatso ever to do with her as an artist or musician ect, for that she simply fantastic ! :)
In a strange way the "problem" for her is because of her close friendship with morrissey, he absolutly adores her and thinks very very highly of her, hes made this crystal clear in numerous Interviews ect and it seems a small TINY minority of "small minded" morrissey fans may not like there closeness - goodness knows why not tho!

She name-drops a lot.
she said "As a good friend of mine recently said, 'War is old, art is young.'"
Am I totally missing the plot here?

Please Just accept kristeen young for what she is, enjoy her Incredible act live in concert, thats what shes here for!
Dismiss all the bitching and hearsay and people talking behind everyones back ect ect!
She wants you 2 have a great time! Thats why she on the world tour! :)

I would not say that she is very bad. She reminds me of an younger, inexperienced but alot of potential PJ Harvey. If she blossoms and finds her niche in music she will succeed.

Shes allready an over whelming success! :) the woman is absolutey INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!! :)
I cant keep repeating this all the time about how wonderfull her musiic is!!! !
Just look at all the wonderfull feedback all her fans have posted about her all over the internet.
Just read all the rave review articles about her that the media press have wrote!
Just listen/watch 2 all the positve things about her on the radio and Tv ect .

Im so convinced about her, my faith is unshakable, I refuse 2 stop believing !!!!!!! :)

Just one more post, I just cant resist, I cant!!!!!!!!!

CG... she's a nobody

Thats your opinion, seems strange 2 me tho how a "nobody" is on tour with morrissey, the greatest act live in concert that has ever lived!
kristeen has now become morrisseys equall ! :)

There is definately a lot of creativity in there. She's certainly refreshing the face of most sell out artists who are in the game for money alone.
I'd still say she has good principles when it comes to making music.

agread ! :):thumb:

Last edited:
Thats your opinion, seems strange 2 me tho how a "nobody" is on tour with morrissey, the greatest act live in concert that has ever lived!
kristeen has now become morrisseys equall ! :)

:laughing:

Im more than happy 2 make you laugh ! but I really didnt mean 2 lol ! :)

That silly little yellow laughing smilly is making me chuckle now ! :)

Good evening im off 2 watch a audrey hepburn movie on dvd soonish!
Audrey hepburn bears an uncanny and remakable resemblance 2 our very own miss young!
In fact they look like Identical twins in sum shots!
Im well into both these fantastic stars now! :)
And then I think I will watch one of the alien movies on dvd, I just love my sci -fi horror movies!!!!!!!!!!
Watched one a while back called "wolf creek" twas just a dreadfull viewing experience !
A very disturbing and brutal movie! :(
I suffered the entire "movie" right from the start 2 the bitter end!!!!!! :(

Last edited:
I hear her hair is insured for a million bucks and that she loves diet Pepsi!

LOVE IT! You nailed it on the head!!!

Im more than happy 2 make you laugh ! but I really didnt mean 2 lol ! :)

That silly little yellow laughing smilly is making me chuckle now ! :)

Good evening im off 2 watch a audrey hepburn movie on dvd soonish!
Audrey hepburn bears an uncanny and remakable resemblance 2 our very own miss young!
In fact they look like Identical twins in sum shots!
Im well into both these fantastic stars now! :)
And then I think I will watch one of the alien movies on dvd, I just love my sci -fi horror movies!!!!!!!!!!
Watched one a while back called "wolf creek" twas just a dreadfull viewing experience !
A very disturbing and brutal movie! :(
I suffered the entire "movie" right from the start 2 the bitter end!!!!!! :(

Trolling 101: Make sure to pretend your real-life time zone fits in with your fake IP.

If morrissey loves kristeen so much then why haven't the two produced a single?...whether she sings or simply played keyboard..hell even shook a tamborine!

If morrissey loves kristeen so much then why haven't the two produced a single?...whether she sings or simply played keyboard..hell even shook a tamborine!

He's got her wailing on the intro of "That's How People Grow Up", does that count?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom