Kristeen Young Tweet from 2020

They're commenting on Sam's statement.

That's how shit journalism & Twitter is.

Even if it is daft not to make it crystal clear who says what.

She's commenting on Morrissey's statement. "(particularly coming from someone who has been so loved and blessed with great deals and $ for decades)"
Yes, as disgusting as this statement is (particularly coming from someone who has been so loved and blessed with great deals and $ for decades)...it is equally unbelievable that a record label has a conscience. Viva la diversification. It's all I've ever wanted in life.

I'll say. I haven't got a f***ing clue what this is about. Sam's statement about what?

This is almost a year old and probably was known before being dragged in to Riot Fest at short notice.
Non-story IMHO.
FWD.

They are commenting on Morrissey’s statement.

KY - (particularly coming from someone who has been so loved and blessed with great deals and $ for decades)

KY - it is equally unbelievable that a record label has a conscience.

KY = TRASH

She's commenting on Morrissey's statement. "(particularly coming from someone who has been so loved and blessed with great deals and $ for decades)"

No, they're commenting on a Fader article that was based on the jumble Sam posted - Morrissey didn't say anything about diversity at that point.

When he got the bad publicity he made another statement saying he was diverse & BMG wasn't living up to its promise. Which the press ignored.

It was a misunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeezus... I'm none the wiser! This is why I avoid Twitter and social media like the plague. They make internet chat forums look like a sane and healthy hobby.

When will he learn?

A Kristen Young quote from just last December when someone accused Morrissey of being a misogynistic racist - “you are talking about latter day revelations. I would have nothing to do with a racist”.
She must of had another “latter day revelation” recently and decided he’s not a racist after all or maybe the pay check trumped her principles. I’d hate to be like certain people I know…

Jeezus... I'm none the wiser! This is why I avoid Twitter and social media like the plague. They make internet chat forums look like a sane and healthy hobby.

When Morrissey didn't renew with BMG, Sam cobbled together a blog post quoting the company's commitment to diversity & a few outlets jumped to the conclusion that Morrissey was complaining about diversity in the arts.

He got terrible headlines.

So - too late - he clarified that he thought that BMG wasn't diverse - which is pretty much what Kirsteen is saying.

A Kristen Young quote from just last December when someone accused Morrissey of being a misogynistic racist - “you are talking about latter day revelations. I would have nothing to do with a racist”.
She must of had another “latter day revelation” recently and decided he’s not a racist after all or maybe the pay check trumped her principles. I’d hate to be like certain people I know…

Twitter is a vault of hypocrisy

This is almost a year old and probably was known before being dragged in to Riot Fest at short notice.
Non-story IMHO.
FWD.
Your logic is that tweets Kristeen wrote 8-10 months ago, and are still on her feed, are not relevant? People are still judging Morrissey about comments he made in jest 10 years ago. Everyone has to play by the same rules.

Your logic is that tweets Kristeen wrote 8-10 months ago, and are still on her feed, are not relevant? People are still judging Morrissey about comments he made in jest 10 years ago. Everyone has to play by the same rules.
Morrissey's decisions don't have to fit with your perception of logic nor does your summation of what you think I'm saying mean your view is definitive.
The very fact she's been invited to the "curated" event is pretty much proof that whatever she's posted previously is not a particular concern to him or she is forgiven enough to share stage billing.
Therefore it is probably not the issue you view it as.
While we're on the topic, care to supply the "rules" everyone's meant to play by - especially the part about inter-personal relationships and how people are meant to act to meet your expectations around logic, tweeting opinions and group fairness?
FWD.

Morrissey's decisions don't have to fit with your perception of logic nor does your summation of what you think I'm saying mean your view is definitive.
The very fact she's been invited to the "curated" event is pretty much proof that whatever she's posted previously is not a particular concern to him or she is forgiven enough to share stage billing.
Therefore it is probably not the issue you view it as.
While we're on the topic, care to supply the "rules" everyone's meant to play by - especially the part about inter-personal relationships and how people are meant to act to meet your expectations around logic, tweeting opinions and group fairness?
FWD.
What makes you think Morrissey knows?

i don't think even Morrissey would pick support acts based off how loyal he perceives them to be to him lol

Back
Top Bottom